Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
@mitJ@in

Reliance Mobile Internet Data Plan Introduced Wef 7th Dec 2008

and are they charging as per 1 rs/ 10kb rate?

not working right now

Edited by tanveer

CDMA 1X can give max speed of 156 kbps but 80-100 kbps is considered decent speed.

I think maximum is 153.6 not 156.. May be I am wrong.

If I am wrong, Please delete my post.

I think maximum is 153.6 not 156.. May be I am wrong.

^^^

Dear member, you are absolutely right. The maximum speed through Reliance CDMA is 153.6 kbps

Regards.

Guys see my email below to CC reliance, I m waiting for their response..............

Hi,

This is regarding the wireless data charges. I received a call from reliance (022-30333232), that there were data charges of Rs.1,700/-(approx) charged to my unbilled usage amount but they were reversed for the current month. However these charges will be chargeable from the next month onwards.

This is for your information that I have opted for the Chat&Play Reliance Mobile World Rental -L3, by using this plan I am not suppose to pay for any data usage(10 paise per 10kb). Since I am using this plan (Chat & play) for more than 2 years and I am very sure that I should not be charged for any data such data usage.

Please let me know in this case what should be my assumption for the above charges, as I have already opted for such a plan where there is no charge for data usage.

My Reliance mobile no. is 9373137771

Billing Account No. : 2020427021

Hoping for your immediate response.

Regards,

Ajay Verma

Wireless Data Usage in Bill section is not working.

But this also indicates that they are very, very serious about Re 1 per 10kb charges.

Like what HP said, this jail is not as big as Nasik Jail also. It is high time we left this jail and be a free bird!!!! ;);)

Wireless Data Usage in Bill section is not working.

But this also indicates that they are very, very serious about Re 1 per 10kb charges.

Like what HP said, this jail is not as big as Nasik Jail also. It is high time we left this jail and be a free bird!!!! ;);)

does that mean i should continue using it the way i used to do earlier?? i love downloading movies thru rworld.... time lage to lage, free me aata hai....

I have bought new Nokia E71 for 20k. Now I am searching for connection. Tomorrow will buy 3 prepaid from Vodaphone, idea and airtel and check their GPRS / EDGE speed and then finalize my post paid connection.

Hetal rightly said, why should we be in jail? I saved lots of money by using reliance and enjoyed data on mobile too. But Now reliance do not offer more than 5-7% benefit over GSM.

And there is no comparison for handset quality and quantity wise.

@tanveer

I think he used rworld on pc

How is the above possible? If one connects his phone toa PC, then it becomes RConnect? Then how can one access RWorld on the computer? Have I missed out on something? Is it possible to connect my 6265 to a PC and download anything I want? Ofcourse I am too late because RCOM has hiked rates, but nevertheless, I would like to know.

@tanveer

I think he used rworld on pc

How is the above possible? If one connects his phone toa PC, then it becomes RConnect? Then how can one access RWorld on the computer? Have I missed out on something? Is it possible to connect my 6265 to a PC and download anything I want? Ofcourse I am too late because RCOM has hiked rates, but nevertheless, I would like to know.

if u use UTS and spice mobile UN & PW u can use on computer too.

Good news Reliance withdrew Re1/10kb

Check www.reliancemobileworld.co.in

But still one thing is not clear, L1, L2 L4 customers who were using unlimited will be charged 10p/10kb for third party website or still unlimited, the information in the website is not clear again. Anyway CC have mailed me saying its unlimited only. So i think we can enjoy......

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Differential KB Charging

Reliance Mobile World

TERMS & CONDITIONS

1. Wap differential charging is applicable for accessing mobile internet site.

2. Charges for accessing 3rd party sites are Rs. 10ps/10 Kb

3. Normal KB charges of 10p /10kb is charged while accessing Reliance Mobile World.

4. Kilobyte size of a mobile site or website is the responsibility of the service provider, not Reliance Communications.

5. Reliance Communications is merely providing connectivity between customers and mobile internet sites and will not be responsible for the content on any mobile internet site.

6. The network usage charges are applicable to all Reliance Mobile World users having a wap enabled handset. E.g. Nokia 6155, Nokia 6265, Nokia 2865, Nokia 6275 etc. Its also applicable on R World enabled Wap/Brew handsets where mobile internet sites can be accessed e.g. Motorola V3M, Motorola L7C, Motorola K1M, Motorola V9M, CoolPad 288, Blackberry 8703e, Blackberry 8830, Blackberry 8130, HTC Wave, HTC Libra, Kinpo Classic 762, Kinpo Classic 731, Kinpo Classic 732, UT Starcomm PPC6700, etc.

7. Reliance Communications assumes no responsibility for and does not endorse unless expressly stated, content created or published by third parties that is included in the sites and the services or which may be linked to and from the mobile internet sites.

8. The sites and/or the services may be used by you to link into other websites, resources and/or networks worldwide.

9. Reliance Communications accepts no responsibility for the content, services or otherwise in respect of these and you agree to conform to the acceptable use policies of such websites, resources and/ or Networks. The user is accessing the mobile internet site or 3rd party sites or off-net sites at own risk; Reliance Communications is in no way responsible for quality of content/applications and impact on handsets.

10. Reliance Communication is also not responsible for any consequences for any mobile internet or 3rd party sites or off-net sites accessed.

post-25387-1217432234_thumb.jpg

Edited by savramesh

I have Invested in Mogul / Touch / 6700

I have Invested my Precious time to Develop the more then 20 ROMs, HPSMS Server, Reliance Customised Setting, Getting All Handset from USA on Risk and done it on Reliance. Activating Partial MMS, etc etc but in Return what i got from Reliance is this.

What ever may be Reliance is telling on that Web Page, I have made 4 mails to CC and never got any Reply. Why should i invest my time and Money for the Company which could not even reply my Mails.

its the time to say Bye Bye Reliance. !!! and Definately is i have to leave reliane i even will not See TATA, Virgin or BSNL for the Same

Airtel is only Preferred Provider and I am Happy using it from last 8 month as Parallel Service, in Maharsahtra Idea have Best Network and in Gujarat Vodafone is Undisputed Leader

@Kalpak

in Gujarat You should Always go Vodafone I have gone to many Remote Villages in Marriage in Surat, Mehsana, Kutch and Vodafone is Alwasy Blicking on my Screen Second is Idea and Third is Airtel

Afterall we win against RELIANCE reliance wap charge for third party application 10paisa/10Kb.

http://www.reliancemobileworld.co.in/RMWor.../kbcharges.html

APANI EKATA KI JEET HUI :cheer::cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer::cheer:

Edited by Honest

Yes please be united here always and we can enjoy reliance together...

If reliance is not providing a good service, we should not leave them and go for another operator, instead we should make them serve us better....

i think they will never ever make such mistakes like this in future as this affects their reputation and leading position in telecoms market.

i think some immediate action will be taken on CC service as we all have complained about the poor response.

Afterall we win against RELIANCE reliance wap charge for third party application 10paisa/10Kb.

http://www.reliancemobileworld.co.in/RMWor.../kbcharges.html

APANI EKATA KI JEET HUI :cheer::cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer::cheer:

link not working in ur post, put 'l' -> html in the last of link

Edited by Honest

I fully agree with Hetal. I will not prefer to say even GOOD BYE to reliance. I am so annoyed. They behaved absolutely irresponsibly and they too have not replied my mails so far.

I was to choose vodaphone, but vodaphone do not have edge in Ahmedabad and their tarrif are horrible. Data roaming in vodaphone too is an issue. In GSM operators, airtel seems to have most homogeneous network.

I bought new E71, now in next 2 days, I will have my connection and will be using Airtel only.

CDMA now till do not reach to openness of GSM, even if they come with EVDO, I will not touch. I really mean it.

I wasted so much of time and money on CDMA handsets & cracking. Now tired.

It is indeed very sad that two of our most techie members are leaving RCOM because of RCOM's lop-sided policies. However to be fair to them, it is fully RCOMs fault in bringing out some hare-brained complications.

That RCOM has not bothered to reply to both of these techies also points out to a very monopolistic mindset. Probably they are aware that these two techies have solved many problems in CDMA field and thats why they do not want them, leave alone reply to them. Probably they got scared that these techies will be able to crack some more on their networks also.

In any case, even if all of us at RIMweb who are affected by the erstwhile WAP charges want to quit RCOM, they will not be bothered. The calculations are very simple - say about 10,000 of us high end users quit RCOM; at an average of Rs 1500 (most maximum average), the loss to RCOM will be Rs 1,50,00,000. This can be very easily recovered by just 1,50,000 new subscribers (vegetables/fruits vendors, barbers, drainage cleaners, auto/ taxi drivers etc) who will use only Rs 100 (most minimum average).

So for RCOM it does not matter if 10,000 so called high end customers go away. Its good riddance for them. They will get the same or probably better revenues from the new customers. Last month, they added up 1.75 million new customers. So even if we suffix one more zero to our 10,000 high end users and assume one lakh users will quit, they will lose only Rs. 15 crores in revenues. Whereas with 1.75 million new customers, they will get probably Rs 17.50 crores or much more in revenues and the same will repeat in the next months also. Also they will have lost only 1 lakh old customers but at the same time, they have gained 1.75 million new customers.

MORAL of the ABOVE CALCULATIONS: Even if we are very highly disgruntled with RCOM, we should remain here and fight them (and make them suffer a big moral defeat) and not surrender and go away. Already they have accepted a moral defeat though we will still pay higher charges. (off net websites will cost us 20p per 10 kb if I am not wrong or maybe 10p per 10 kb for us DAPO/L1 plan holders)

The above are my views on this issue and maybe many of us here will not accept these.

^^^

Ditto as KumaarShah.

My dear Kalpak and Hetal, actually this is your first Moral Win against Reliance. Although its totally your wish to leave Reliance or not. But others will definetely need you kind of people the most. So, in my opinion you shold use atleast one connection of Reliance (may be lifetime prepaid) to be with all of us for Moral support.

But again the above is my personal opinion. Final decision is upto you my dear friends.

Regards.

Hey, in now way I am going to leave RIMweb, unless, I am booted out. :rolleyes:

Its more of an addiction and daily dose of socializing.

About reliance, as we all know, its not possible to quite service provider after almost 3-4 years. My phone will be up but it will be prepaid and I will not give revenue to reliance.

My centro cracking project is going on.

Somehow now reliance do not have that charm and zeal of Dhiubhai / mukesh days. It has just became "YET ANOTHER OPERATOR"

My phone will be up but it will be prepaid and I will not give revenue to reliance

^^^

This will be the great lesson for Reliance my dear Kalpak.

Regards.

^^^

Kamal, it is true that this way it will be a great lesson for RCOM.

But their attitude nowadays is, "Who Cares if you remain here or not?"

Exactly.

@Amit

U first inform about charges hike for wap but u not first inform about the charges withdraw :D:D

The following is the reply I got from RCOM, which is as usual, ambiguous: -

Dear Mr. Shah,

This is with reference to your email regarding the billing information for your Reliance Mobile connections.

We wish to inform that WAP Differential KB Charging is applicable for both Dhirubhai Ambani Pioneer Offer (DAPO) subscribers and Reliance Mobile World Membership Plan (L1) holders.

However, as communicated to you earlier, please email us back once your bill dated August 01, 2008 is generated for your Reliance numbers in order to assist you better.

We sincerely regret the inconvenience caused to you.

Thank you for being associated with us.

Warm Regards,

Dharmendra Singh Negi

Customer Care

For further information, you can contact us at

Web-site : www.reliancecommunications.co.in

Email : customercare@relianceada.com

Disclaimer:-

The information provided is based on prevailing terms and conditions of the company, which are subject to change without prior notice.

This electronic message transmission contains information from Reliance Communications & is confidential or privileged. The information is intended to be for the use of the individual or entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient, beware that any disclosure, copy distribution or use of the contents of this information is prohibited. If you have received the electronic transmission in error please notify us.

-----Original Message-----

Date: Tuesday, July 29, 2008 01:41 PM

To: corporatecentre.customercare@relianceada.com (corporatecentre.customercare@relianceada.com)

Subject: Re: Reference to your email regarding your Reliance Mobile connections

Dear Mr. Negi,

Many thanks for your email reply.

However as usual, your reply is ambiguous. You have not replied specifically whether the WAP Diff. Access charges is free for DAPO and L1 customers or it is chargeable. Some of my friends elsewhere in the country have received waivers with a note stating the waiver is only for the last month and the next billing cycle onwards, it is chargeable at Rs 1.10 per 10 kb. Many of them have already given their termination letters. Hope I will not be forced to follow the same.

PLEASE CLEAR ONCE AND FOR ALL WHETHER THIS WAP DIFF. ACCESS CHARGES ARE APPLICABLE OR NOT FOR DAPO AND L1 CUSTOMERS.

MY NOKIA 6265 IS GIVING ME A LOT OF PROBLEMS AND I have to change my handset. But if this kind of daylight robbery is being enforced by RCOM, then I will as well switch to GSM - Vodafone or Airtel and enjoy with far superior handsets. Ofcourse, voice clarity and data speed will be compromised, but then I cannot pay 1000 times more than what the competition (Airtel, Vodafone, Aircel, BSNL and ofcourse TATA) charges for the same data access.

You can thus finally decide whether I should remain associated with you or go elsewhere.

Thanks

Kumaar Shah

UNQUOTE

So from their reply, it is very clear that they are themselves very confused and hence they are giving such replies.

Lets wait and watch now...

dear KumaarShah

u can forward the following mail i got from reliance saying L1 is still unlimited

-----------------------------------------------------------------

From: "serviceassurancecell@relianceada.com" <serviceassurancecell@relianceada.com>

To: Ramesh AS <ramindia_2003@yahoo.com>

Sent: Sunday, July 27, 2008 9:52:40 AM

Subject: RE:'RIL=002-766-183'Reference your mail

Dear Customer,

With reference to your mail regarding your Reliance Mobile number 9344102060, as informed to you earlier that as per the confirmation received from relevant department no any updation made on R-world usage charges changes.

However, your number is under Membership plan and you can use unlimited network usage. Hence benefit of plan will be available to you.

Yours sincerely,

Hetal Shrivastav

Service Assurance Cell

Reliance Communications

I got the same reply mail from the following persons also

Sachin Thakkar

Service Assurance Cell

Reliance Communications

Haresh Kaka

Service Assurance Cell

Reliance Communications

Edited by savramesh

reliance has revised its earlier plan to charge Rs. 1/- for 10 kb.. i recently the charges back to 10 ps. for 10 kb...

see below...

Differential KB Charging

Reliance Mobile World

TERMS & CONDITIONS

Wap differential charging is applicable for accessing mobile internet site.

Charges for accessing 3rd party sites are Rs. 10ps/10 Kb

Normal KB charges of 10p /10kb is charged while accessing Reliance Mobile World.

Kilobyte size of a mobile site or website is the responsibility of the service provider, not Reliance Communications.

Reliance Communications is merely providing connectivity between customers and mobile internet sites and will not be responsible for the content on any mobile internet site.

The network usage charges are applicable to all Reliance Mobile World users having a wap enabled handset. E.g. Nokia 6155, Nokia 6265, Nokia 2865, Nokia 6275 etc. Its also applicable on R World enabled Wap/Brew handsets where mobile internet sites can be accessed e.g. Motorola V3M, Motorola L7C, Motorola K1M, Motorola V9M, CoolPad 288, Blackberry 8703e, Blackberry 8830, Blackberry 8130, HTC Wave, HTC Libra, Kinpo Classic 762, Kinpo Classic 731, Kinpo Classic 732, UT Starcomm PPC6700, etc.

Reliance Communications assumes no responsibility for and does not endorse unless expressly stated, content created or published by third parties that is included in the sites and the services or which may be linked to and from the mobile internet sites.

The sites and/or the services may be used by you to link into other websites, resources and/or networks worldwide.

Reliance Communications accepts no responsibility for the content, services or otherwise in respect of these and you agree to conform to the acceptable use policies of such websites, resources and/ or Networks. The user is accessing the mobile internet site or 3rd party sites or off-net sites at own risk; Reliance Communications is in no way responsible for quality of content/applications and impact on handsets.

Reliance Communication is also not responsible for any consequences for any mobile internet or 3rd party sites or off-net sites accessed.

Does this imply we can go back to using RelMobileWorld connection on the phone like before or should we wait for further confirmation? Unlike most of you guys, I'm on a pre paid connection so I have no idea or hope of charges being refunded back to me in case the tariff is still Re.1/10kb.