Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
ipkonfig

Reliance GSM - Problems ! Problems ! & Problems!

no netwok coverage in nokia 6020 handset.:-(

Hi guys. I have just resolved a big problem. I had purchased two reliance numbers three days ago. None of them were working till sometime ago. I resolved a big issue. I contacted reliance they said my sim is activated and as usual they gave me a complaint number and did nothing.I was just browsing R-Menu on my phone and in roaming menu i saw that there were two options 1) Home 2) Roam. Roam said ON on it. I selected HOME and got signal immediately in my both the phones. From last three days i did everything to make it work. Finally i got it work this way. So if any of you are facing this problem just check this setting in roaming menu.

I JUST THOUGHT I SHOULD GIVE THIS TIP TO EVERYBODY FACING A PROBLEM

In Punjab As per Reliance Executive Towers hv been erected but their optimization is pending & it will take about 1 month to resolve coverage issue.

Edited by Saurav

Hi guys. I have just resolved a big problem. I had purchased two reliance numbers three days ago. None of them were working till sometime ago. I resolved a big issue. I contacted reliance they said my sim is activated and as usual they gave me a complaint number and did nothing.I was just browsing R-Menu on my phone and in roaming menu i saw that there were two options 1) Home 2) Roam. Roam said ON on it. I selected HOME and got signal immediately in my both the phones. From last three days i did everything to make it work. Finally i got it work this way. So if any of you are facing this problem just check this setting in roaming menu.

I JUST THOUGHT I SHOULD GIVE THIS TIP TO EVERYBODY FACING A PROBLEM

thats a great job..

in my case when i was in roaming the phone was automatically working, but when i tried to ON roaming from Rmenu, the phone did not work.. then gave back Home ON and phone started working on roaming.. interesting na !!

Yeah, too many connection error messages and "this route is busy" messages!

Making a call from Reliance CDMA in major cities of Western U.P. is impossible after 5 PM. Looks like GSM network is more of the same.

Looks like the rule is: No outgoing calls from Reliance are allowed between 5 PM to 11 PM in UP.

Due to this very problem I was forced to buy an Airtel SIM and handset as backup because I visit UP frequently.

These guys are just testing their network at the cost of Pre-paid GSM users by throwing freebies like Rs. 5 per day which also 'kismat se' we can use.

Awaiting launch of post-paid.. i was never excited about this pre-paid thing anyways & the moment i read "Customer experience Card" or whatever it was re-affirmed.

For the 70-80% ppl facing problems:

These RComm guys are just testing their network/infra at the cost of Pre-paid GSM users by throwing freebies like Rs. 5 per day which also 'kismat se' we can use.

i was never excited about this pre-paid thing anyways & the moment i read "Customer experience programme" it was re-affirmed.

Awaiting launch of post-paid.. which means by then, 80-90% problems are already taken care.

Edited by ACS

It has been very problematic in Trivandrum with call drops/connection error and that is probably the reason why they haven't been able to start distributing the CEP SIM yet. The experience have been quite good when I went to Bangalore where the calls drops/connection error were very less.

i have tried and inserted my sim card in atleast 15 different gsm handset.

but ULTIMATE RESULT WAS SAME :Confuso: NO NETWORK COVERAGE

i think they sold more connection than their network capacity :'(

Also lost RS30tt , because facing problem from last 3 days :angry:

i have tried and inserted my sim card in atleast 15 different gsm handset.

but ULTIMATE RESULT WAS SAME :Confuso: NO NETWORK COVERAGE

i think they sold more connection than their network capacity :'(

Also lost RS30tt , because facing problem from last 3 days :angry:

instead of trying with diff handsets, do a try from diff locations.. coz they might have issue with the tower in ur location...

Today an Engineer Visited my place he checked signal & said that new Towers are under installation & it will get rectified soon.

Hello Friends

I am a GSM User of Delhi having no +91-9015677739 I got the connection on the very first day it was launched . while receiving & making calls maximum times it says This route is busy pls. try later. also you cannot dial customer support from rcom GSM .Also network strength is very low.I think reliance first it should test their services and then launch but reliance first launches and then test their network. my suggestion for all friends those are going to purchase Rcom Gsm connection should wait till the network & connectivity streamlines.so performance %age comes to be

Connectivity 10%

signal strength 40%

customer support 0%

overall performance 20%

if we compare this with other operators

Regards

Imtiaz Khan

Hello Friends

I am a GSM User of Delhi having no +91-9015677739 I got the connection on the very first day it was launched . while receiving & making calls maximum times it says This route is busy pls. try later. also you cannot dial customer support from rcom GSM .Also network strength is very low.I think reliance first it should test their services and then launch but reliance first launches and then test their network. my suggestion for all friends those are going to purchase Rcom Gsm connection should wait till the network & connectivity streamlines.so performance %age comes to be

Connectivity 10%

signal strength 40%

customer support 0%

overall performance 20%

if we compare this with other operators

Regards

Imtiaz Khan

hi friend which part of delhi u live

wait for few days the network will be ready.. please make a note that it is not an official launch... so u will have some problems initially. here also i faced similarly problems for first few days. now everything is pakka here..

:NOTriste: Hello Friends

I am a GSM User of Delhi I got the connection on the very first day it was launched . while receiving calls maximum times it says This route is busy pls. try later (even from their own cdma & landline no's).THEY HAVE A CONGESTED NETWORK AMAZINGLY WITH FEW CUSTOMERS (so think what will happen when there are more subscribers) also you cannot dial customer support from rcom GSM only option is to borrow cdma and make a call then they will give a reference number with assurance of solution within three days and nothing will happen. I am waiting for resolution from last 11 days. I request all Delhities to make a complaint thru following email ids (customercare@relianceada.com,

serviceassurancecell@relianceada.com,Rcomnodalofficer.Delhi@relianceada.com,anil

.ambani@relianceada.com).Also network strength is very low.I think reliance first it should test their services and then launch (amazingly it was launched for their staff from last 8months )but reliance first launches and then test their network. my suggestion for all friends those are going to purchase Rcom Gsm connection should wait till the network & connectivity streamlines.

so performance %age comes to be

Connectivity 10% most of time it does't connects

signal strength 40% weak signal in most of delhi&ncr area and zero signal in NCR border

customer support 0% you cannot dail *333 from GSM

overall performance 20% still higher is'nt it

if we compare this with other operators :NOTriste:

Regards

Imtiaz Khan

imtiaaz.khan@gmail.com

:previous: The situation was similar here (Kerala) when it launched, but the "route is busy" messages and "connection drops" have gone by now. Since it was launched in Delhi only 10 days ago, it may take a few more days before the issues are ironed out.

Karnataka, they say is 90% covered.. we are a privileged lot then.

In other places where signals are absent, they are installing new towers.

Only few states enjoy good GSM services.

reliance GSM has very poor service. continous network problem. unable to connect the call

reliance GSM has very poor service. continous network problem. unable to connect the call

Indoor signals are improved from yesterday.I am able to call without call drop.

In here the range is good. But as soon as i get a call, and when i attend it, the range drops and as a result the call too drops. This has been happening since sometime.

New network, irrespective of company, problems remains for few months. It vanishes gradually.

I stay in south delhi and for the initial fortnight the indoor signals were too weak to make or receive calls. But since last seven eight days the signals have improved considerably and there is no call drop and there is full signal. The only problem which remains now is customer support which hopefully will be available soon. I have cdma reliance too which saves me from this inconvenience though.

Connection is very very smooth now

Range is Perfect and NO root busy. i have taken it in Mid Jan and Problem were solved in mid Feb

Though I am not a very big Fan of rcom, To be fair with reliance, they have offered connections at throwaway price (most will agree). for 25 bucks, they are offering 900 or 450(depending on location) worth talk time. I thing this offer more than pays for itself. As far as coverage goes, agree to the fact they are only in first year of roll out & coverage is increasing rapidly as is clear from other member's post. Remember the time when we had to pay thru nose for mobile bills. Thanx to Reliance that now mobile telephony is CHEAPEST in world. In markets like US, u have to pay for incoming calls even NOW. So give them a fair time. I am sure they will improve their service. :GirandoOjos:

BTW, I cannot activate GPRS on my BB8830 as yet & that is really annoying. Tried every thing, but told-Handset does not support these settings. :Equivocado:

They are fast implementing newer towers. At my premises there are now three towers on three different directions.. But the calls get dropped when i get any calls. I had contacted the CC regarding this and they were hesitant to report this as a complaint because no one has reported it beforehand :(