Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Mantraway

Reliance To Launch Netway Service By Oct-nov

QUOTE(AmanJ @ Nov 1 2004, 02:54 PM)

AirTel provides broadband here in delhi with unlimited usage  with speed of 64kbps at rs.600 only, no additional charges, so its possible for reliance too, to offer such a package

Hey are u speaking abt the airtel gprs net..

I get tat here for Rs600. But broadband is diff.

If tat was broadband rate, then its sure that reliance would bring out something competative

guys u all are getting me wrong,

i m not talking about AirTel MOBILE,

but AirTel LANDLINE.

even i m using the same service

i m in the higher package of 128kbps at Rs900/month but the actual speed i get is much higher (350-400) :clap: i checked the speed thru cnet.com's speed checker and beleive the service is great with unltd downloads aswell as uploads

Edited by AmanJ

Airtel is into landlines? :clap: Never heard of that ...at least not in Poona. What areas do they operate in?

All services of Bharthi like Touchtel,airtel,Bharthi telesonic etc has been renamed under one brand name as "ÄIRTEL"

Hi Amaj,

i get is much higher (350-400)

What is the download speed you get... I mean when you are downloading a file from net using any s/w like flashget or directly??

Hi Amaj,

i get is much higher (350-400)

What is the download speed you get... I mean when you are downloading a file from net using any s/w like flashget or directly??

i get speed anything between 100-150 while downloading

Airtel is into landlines?  Never heard of that ...at least not in Poona. What areas do they operate in?

u may check the website

airteltelephone.com

Hi Amaj,

i get speed anything between 100-150 while downloading

100 - 150 Kilo Bytes per second....

My god that is just mind blowing...

Is it true AmaJ...

hey then u can download a 10 mb file in just 100secs...

ya thats right,

it takes almost 2-3 minutes

17929[/snapback]

:quest: Cant even dream abt such speeds

Now what type of a connection is it.., i mean is it wireless/ wired/ througgh fibre opt/lan/ normal wired dial-up. What is it??

Ya I just checked it at airtel site. gr8 tariffs and speeds, well why don't they advertise it.

The drop down menu shows its available in 13 cities...

Bangalore

Bhopal

Chennai

Coimbatore

Delhi

Faridabad

Gurgaon

Indore

Madurai

Pondicherry

Raipur

Tripur

and Vellore.

Hey guys, you need to read this from Rediff:

MTNL broadband: local calls free!

November 03, 2004 18:18 IST

Mahanagar Telecom Nigam Ltd will start its broadband services in Delhi from January next year and will bundle the broadband connection with its telephone service in which local calls will be free to the subscriber.

"We have placed the purchase order for broadband with the vendors and will start the service from January. We are creating a capacity of 350,000 lines distributed 50:50 between Mumbai and Delhi. We are targeting 100,000 broadband subscribers in both Delhi and Mumbai with 50,000 each in the metros," R S P Sinha, CMD, MTNL, told newspersons here on the sidelines of a function.

He said MTNL is planning to charge a composite monthly payment where the local calls may be free.

"We have a plan doing away with the local call charges. We may charge a lump sum amount which may include cost of both the local call and broadband charges," he said, adding that MTNL is already offering the lowest tariff in call rates and the same can be expected in broadband also.

MTNL will invest Rs 200 crore (Rs 2 billion) in its broadband initiative which will be spent over the period till December.

Ericsson will provide the equipment for broadband. The PSU is targeting a broadband subscriber base of 10 lakh (1 million) by December 2005 and out of that it expects 500,000 each in Mumbai and Delhi.

Sinha expects that by January-end MTNL would be able to offer high-speed Internet access. "After meeting the minimum broadband speed of 256 kbps for broadband, he said the maximum speed can go up to 20 Mbps," he said.

Check it out at Rediff

yippie!! MTNL already provides a Free Calls WLL Phone. This one shud be amazing as well!!

Bsnl may offer plans similar to mtnl,

according to news clippings bsnl will offer speed range from 256kbps to 1mbps,

lets wait for it

Guys what do u think is it possible to remove the concept of removing last mile wired link all the way. What I mean is make the netway wireless totally. One can put up if physically feasible, wireless data receiving towers @ many places for communication and some kind of wireless device is given to consumers. (Like say fwt). And we can access the netway service without conflicts of ne other operators n barrier of last mile connectivity is eliminated and so managing becomes more convenient

Like a "wi-fi nation" (lol better than Broadband Bharat) may be a little expensive option but best option in overall scale according to me.

and if reliance the offers these kind of services for cheap and with a excellent services & customer care which it already has may be reliance will get it without the help of mso's and last mile operators. it could be just similar to wi-fi or better than that but on a broader scale.

What do you think??? Radical isnt it

the only two things that would according to me could in the way would be.

1) air space

2) limitations of transfering bandwidth through air (i thinks that much more than the speeds which we get on internet these days so that wont be much of a problem :clap: )