Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums

Theres no rule that roaming agreement should not be there in Home circle!

When Hutch started its operations in Karnataka, they used Airtel as the startup network! i.e we could use Airtel wherever Hutch wasn't present..even in Karnataka!!

this was happed to be in older days,

now new operator don't do that,

And docomo is trying to build image that

"most wide coverage on day 1 of launch than any other operator"

so no chance to see any other network in home area.

Really a good news to Indian customers if TATA Docomo will continue to give them per second billing life long. Now we want to get full talktime for all recharge coupons even without the amount range.

I'm waiting for MNP to get rid out from Reliance CDMA to use my mobile number, cause reliance is not improved their coverage areas in our village as they advertised. They are cheater and promised me they will do it once they installed GSM Tower, but nothing happen, still saying that they will errect new antenna. I lost my faith on Reliance.

I hope TATA Docomo will give wide coverage to indian villages

Hello there,

you are one among the unlucky who stay in relaince weak area,,,every operator has a

patch where their network is weak..otherwise as far i have observed the reliance network is far good in small villages than any other operator.

mumbai CC number got activated

First to report about mumbai launch. :winko:

news detail is below

MUMBAI: Tata Teleservices Maharashtra (TTML) will launch its GSM-based cellular services in Mumbai on Thursday, becoming the eleventh brand in

India’s biggest revenue-generating telecom circle. The entry, backed by a Rs 1,000-crore capital expenditure, is expected to intensify competition as the company may offer services at one paise per second.

While TTML is already offering CDMA services under the Indicom brand, the GSM foray will be under the Tata DoCoMo brand. Tele-density in the metro circle is over 100%. Historically, operators, who enter a market late, have the balance tilted against them, though industry trackers think price will be a key differentiator. “Experience from non-dominant operators that successfully acquired market traction suggests that price is the sweetener that helps them gain ground in competitive markets and build a subscriber base,” Ascentius Consulting prinicipal analyst Alok Shende told ET.

However, the challenge is that any of the innovative strategies from the new entrants can be quickly replicated by the incumbents, and hence, any tactical advantages may be ephemeral. “Eventually, quality of services, identifying and dominating profitable market niches and a powerful brand are the leading drivers for market share gains,” said Mr Shende. Mumbai is the second-biggest telecom circle in India, with 20.4 million subscribers as of June 2009. Of the 10 brands present here, Vodafone Essar is the market leader and has 4.6 million users, followed by Reliance Communications, which offers both CDMA and GSM services. TTML, which so far has been only a CDMA provider, has 2.5 million users in Mumbai.

TTML has invested a large part of its Rs 1,000 crore capex in GSM services across Mumbai and rest of Maharashtra. A large part of TTML’s GSM infrastructure is riding on its existing CDMA infrastructure, with the same towers hosting both services in many locations. An email sent to TTML remained unanswered. The Tata Group has already launched GSM services in Chennai, Tamil Nadu, Karnataka and Andhra Pradesh through Tata Teleservices, the group’s unlisted telecom arm, which provides CDMA services in 20 circles. In Tamil Nadu, the company has crossed the 500,000-subscriber mark within a month of its launch. According to industry sources, the listed TTML will complete its GSM rollout across Goa and rest of Maharashtra by the end of this month.

Angel Broking analyst (telecom & IT) Harit Shah said: “There is enough competition here already and TTML will only add to it. This is only good news for consumers who will have more choice.” Mr Shende said it would be early to estimate the impact of a tenth brand in Mumbai.

“Experience from developing markets such as Africa suggests that new entrants can become dominant in three-four years,” he said.

On the other hand, experience from mature markets like Germany suggest that while new entrants bring distributive strategies to the market, it does not translate into leading market share positions.

I tried other networks by manual settings ,but it is not authorised.

I yesterday got my post paid DOCOMO migrated to prepaid. The reason for this decision of mine is, as of today prepaid is more lucrative than Post Paid. Though it was hugely resisted by the officials, but I was able to convince them. Migrated number is 9043333333

Can anyone confirm the possibility of online recharge of Tata Docomo

T-Docomo launch in mumbai today... site is up for Mumbai, Maharashtra & Goa now....

Tata Docomo has definitely made a mark in the circles it has launched.

Its my observation. This time I have not preached anyone about how good TATA DOCOMO is.

And to my surprise many people in my office directory has their primary number as DOCOMO.

It has touched every segment - the masses and the classes.

Also their launch plan is also good.

Instead of a hurried launch like Reliance's, they are putting up good network.

Their marketing is also good. They had put up a stall near my office( Enterprise plans).

I have never seen reliance doing this. In fact even after so many months of launch, reliance is

yet to come up with postpaid plans in Kerala.(Although now their website shows postpaid plans). What a shame!!

However its too early to comment on TATA docomo's success, until they continue the same path.

Mumbai,Maharashtra and Goa - DO THE NEW!!

First major annoyance with Docomo on this day!

Since the last two - three hours i am getting sms messages from Docomo stating "Thank you for subscribing to Voice Mail Service. To listen to your voice mail just dial +919029090290 to access your voice mail box anytime".

The irony is whenever i dial the above-mentioned number, i am asked to enter a password which i do not have any clue of. I contacted the CC and they asked me to enter 0000. I did the same to no respite.

Even when i am typing this post i am getting the same message from Docomo. Until now i have received approximately 35 to 40 sms messages!

I haven't subscribed to this service and i do not know why they are messaging me like this..

For the first time, i am beginning to question my decision of taking this connection :(

you need to

Voicemail Service

A 100% free service

TATA DOCOMO provides you free Voicemail service at no monthly rentals, no deposit or retrieval charges. You can divert your calls to your voicemail box when you do not answer or are not reachable and the caller will be able to leave a voicemail for you.. Just type ACT VM and sms to 121 to activate the service on your TATA DOCOMO.

i think u have to ask CC what is sms for deactivation hopefully DEACT VM

First major annoyance with Docomo on this day!

Since the last two - three hours i am getting sms messages from Docomo stating "Thank you for subscribing to Voice Mail Service. To listen to your voice mail just dial +919029090290 to access your voice mail box anytime".

The irony is whenever i dial the above-mentioned number, i am asked to enter a password which i do not have any clue of. I contacted the CC and they asked me to enter 0000. I did the same to no respite.

Even when i am typing this post i am getting the same message from Docomo. Until now i have received approximately 35 to 40 sms messages!

I haven't subscribed to this service and i do not know why they are messaging me like this..

For the first time, i am beginning to question my decision of taking this connection :(

such things commonly happen. It has happened with me while i used reliance CDMA.People used to recieve some messages 30-40 times when i would send sms to them. Deactivate your voicemail and then activate again. Switch off your cell and then switch on again.

I am still receiving those dreaded messages from Docomo. I had deactivated the service yesterday, but my phone's SMS capacity is filled within hours of deleting them. Even after canceling Voice Mail services, they are sending me the welcome message.

Spoke with the CC. They do not have any clue to what is happening. The are simply dictating the advantages of voice mail services. No one seems to understand the problem and most of the time i am speaking with Tamilians coughing up Malayalam and part English. (no offense fellow Tamilians!)

Info: CAN VM to 121 will deactivate the Voice Mail services (according to TD)

Seems like this honeymoon was indeed short!!! Now I am off to delete the messages that i received while typing this post :(

Edited by ipkonfig

I took a new connection today. Network in Mumbai (Navi Mumbai) is really Great. Customer care people if Just Dump.

WAP is also fast but 10ps/10kb. NO unlimited scheme.Settings

name: DocomDive

access point : TATA.DOCOMO.DIVE.IN

proxy ip address : 10.124.94.7

proxy port : 8080

after reading the thread, couldn't resist my self...bought docomo sim today..but no network''cc told that no is not activated,...waiting to experience the difference.

will keep you posted about network in mumbai.

For first time in my life I was happy after taking a new connection. Make both STD,local and Call Confrence... Good sound and no breaks or drop out (which is common in Mumbai) I was happy with Tata Docomo.

Good bye Reliance...

they asked me to enter 0000.

Try 1234.. 1234 is default for most of them i think...

they asked me to enter 0000.

Try 1234.. 1234 is default for most of them i think...

I tried 1234 then. Did not work. The messages are still streaming. Seems like a sick joke.

Contacted the CC, according to a sensible guy with whom i spoke in the morning, a small share of users are experiencing the same. He has asked me to be patient till they sort it out. According to him, the "system" is not "registering" my request to cancel Voice Mail services and hence i am getting the Welcome message incessantly.

I have kept aside the sim. Back to RGSM :( Shall be checking out the TD sim every week or so.

I am eagerly waiting for it to be in Maharashtra.

I am eagerly waiting for it to be in Maharashtra.

sim are avilable in nagpur,

cost 149,

but will but tomaro or wait till i got good number.

happy to hear that with mumbai service is also launched in nagpur.

One doubt remains - whether the recharge vouchers will have the full talktime?

Their site does hot give any info as yet.

Savramesh - buddy you are lucky.

I think I will have to wait for a couple of days.. :(

There is no full talk time voucher available in TATA DOCOMO.

Thank you

^ This is something a news. Docomo SIM available in Nagpur but not in Pune ! Or am I missing something in Pune ? Can anybody tell me if this is available in Pune ?

Why did Tata launched their GSM Service in Mumbai so silently? The DoCoMo offers 1 paisa per second billing rate and is quite awesome. Look for more details at http://www.tatadocomo.com

Anybody purchased the SIM? Any reviews about it?

Edited by Arun
<< Topic Merged >>

tata docomo launched in MPCG circle

source