Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
dkaile

Sprint Htc Touch Pro - Problems & Solutions

@ankit

the ring volume is quite perfect in sprint original rom... dont try to blow out your hardware...

@ankit

dont worry

ur phone already has hardspl , just go ahead and download rom mightyrom 4

its a simple interface utility

when u double click on RUU it will open up a window , just follow on screen instructions

it is just a matter of 10mins

99% u wont screw ur phone coz u have hardspl

enjoy

@ankit

I was talking ONLY about speakerphone volume increase, which I feel is sufficient as it is; the cab file will only increase the phone volume safely; also there is no problem whatsoever for loading custom rom's....

Now the earlier problem I faced for unable to load hardspl .25 and .37 may be related to USB to PC connectivity; so it's safe to disable it during rom updates and hardspl's....

• Go to "start"
  • Select "settings"
  • Go to "Connections" tab
  • Select "USB to PC" and uncheck "Enable advanced network functionality"

UPDATE- The internet is finally under my control and beck and call; it was in fact Pocket Express (after RSS Feeds, Quick GPS and Weather) which were auto updating; after having them set to manual update, things are back to normal....

Edited by dkaile

Does mighty cook roms for tp as well?

^

yaa tanveer, mighty is cooking expert... lol... he's got diamond, touch pro and now rhodium (touch pro2) in his banquet... he cooks for all of them... go to the lirico site I have mentioned in previous post for all his offerings... all his support is through ppcgeeks and xda forums... his WM 6.5 Rom (MR6) is picking up quite well and most of the users are shifting from MR4 to MR6...... other roms you may like to check out is the one's with manila2 i.e. Touch Flo 2 (aka rhodium) and WM 6.5 which is being cooked by Energy Rom - http://forum.ppcgeek...ead.php?t=69545 Also there are many others....

UPDATE - The battery life seems to have IMPROVED DRASTICALLY since the bloody thing stopped connecting to the internet automatically; been 12 hours since last charge; only dropped 10% to 90% (though used it for messaging only in this duration); but its definitely improved.... lets see...

Edited by dkaile

Hi Mufaddal,

The Mighty ROM says that I would have to hard reset my phone? Are you sure I don't need to do that? The download is almost complete, post which I just need to copy the file on my memory card and run it, right? Nothing else... I have to install it like an application is what I have understood!

Wad is RUU? No other need to worry, right :Equivocado:

@ankit

dont worry

ur phone already has hardspl , just go ahead and download rom mightyrom 4

its a simple interface utility

when u double click on RUU it will open up a window , just follow on screen instructions

it is just a matter of 10mins

99% u wont screw ur phone coz u have hardspl

enjoy

^^^

it doesnt matter whether u hard reset or not ( i dont do it )

but its ur call , if u want u can hard reset

coonect ur phone in active sync

just download the mighty rom 4 package

put it in a folder

double click on package , it will extract itself

now u will see something called as RUU ( ROM UPDATE UTILITY)

just double click on it

it will run itself and open up a window

follow on screen insructions

u wont brick coz u have hardspl

even if something goes wrong u can flash rom ack using sd card , so be free to explore custom roms and enjoy

• Like 1

@ankit

there is no need to copy that file on sd card.... it will be downloaded as an exe file and you just have to run that exe and the ruu will run... hard reset is recommended to clear partition tables so that there are no small hiccups left; so I would recommend you DO hard reset; backup all your data by PIMbackup and then use it again to restore... and you are good to go in max. 1 hour...

• Like 1

UPDATE - So its been full 24 hours since my last charge.... and the battery level is....... is........ still 60%..... Do I hear a clap roll :clap:..... so its not that bad after all, after a full day of my normal usage of calls (I made about 20 calls today) and sms (about 20 also) and little wifi/internet use... so it should last 2 days of normal use.... (the solving of the internet problem did solve this issue also)

Edited by dkaile

^

yaa tanveer, mighty is cooking expert... lol... he's got diamond, touch pro and now rhodium (touch pro2) in his banquet... he cooks for all of them... go to the lirico site I have mentioned in previous post for all his offerings... all his support is through ppcgeeks and xda forums... his WM 6.5 Rom (MR6) is picking up quite well and most of the users are shifting from MR4 to MR6...... other roms you may like to check out is the one's with manila2 i.e. Touch Flo 2 (aka rhodium) and WM 6.5 which is being cooked by Energy Rom - http://forum.ppcgeek...ead.php?t=69545 Also there are many others....

UPDATE - The battery life seems to have IMPROVED DRASTICALLY since the bloody thing stopped connecting to the internet automatically; been 12 hours since last charge; only dropped 10% to 90% (though used it for messaging only in this duration); but its definitely improved.... lets see...

I try more roms than you can possibly imagine. Let me tell you none of the 6.5 roms would be as snappy as a well cooked 6.1. I have tried energy as well. Warhawk is out these days but let me tell you nothing comes close to Mighty 4 in terms of stability and responsiveness. And not too many users of diamond are shifting to Mighty 6.

• Like 1

Dr. Mufaddal, Sadikk and Dhiraj! You guys rock.. Just installed Mighty ROM 4 and then used Dr.'s one simple file for R-world!

Thanks!

@tanveer

I know yaar, u r the rom expert... tabhi to main soch raha tha tum aisi baat kyo pooch rahe ho.... shayad meri tang kheech rahe the... lol...:winko:

but TP users are leaving MR4 for MR6 in droves.... I checked at geeks... shayad jyada stable on tp...

Edited by dkaile

@ Dhiraj bhai: You still on the Original ROM or are you on one of the MRs?

Good to hear that you've solved your battery /internet connecting issues. Too bad that wont work for me since I HAVE to keep my Data plan running 24/7 for the push mail application that I use. So I'm resigned to charging the TP every day lol

Waiting on my extra battery and desktop charger now :)

tanveer is our ace when it comes to taking advice for custom roms

i ask him before venturing into any new rom

mighty 4 is the best and most most reliable rom , thats y i always recommend it to all diamond//touch pro uses

even if u wanna cook a rom ( which is very easy thing to do ) then use mighty4 oem base and cook ur stuff on it

Problem: Word completion does not seem to be working even though you have set it to on by going into Start-Settings-Input-Word Completion - Ensure that Suggest words when entering text is ticked and set it to 1 or 2 letters and suggest 4 words. Now what happens even after this YOU DO NOT GET WORD COMPLETION PROMPT. What to do?

Solution: Open any text based program, say e.g. Text Message - Select New Message - Now Slide your keyboard open - Press FN (Function) key and then Space (for T9) - you will get some options and maybe its set to ABC - change it to T9 English - and VOILA - your Word Completion STARTS TO WORK.... on any type of keyboard...

If it helped someone... say THANK YOU to Anupe....

Edited by dkaile

Enjoying Dhan Ta Na (Kameenay) on my Sennheiser's on Touch Pro....

@ankit man, I dont understand what low volume you were talking about through headphones.... I had to set volume to 50% and I set the Augdio Booster to ON and set equaliser to ROCK..... and its rockin like hell man..... Sound Quality at par with any ipod....

More I get to know this phone, more I am enjoying it -

Just discovered -

- A wonderful inbuilt Voice Recognition Software that automatically dials Your Contacts (just had to use a firangi accent); it even has option to speak Incoming Caller Name a la Nokia Phones (though I am little confused how to activate it - will get to it soon)

- The Charger and Multi-Point Adapter both have inbuilt light indicators - touch of class....

- No need for separate 3.5mm adapter, built into the Multi Point Adapter - it has 2 usb, 1x 2.5mm and 1x 3.5mm, both supporting Microphone also... just wonderful... will charge and the phone play songs simultaneously... now no need for any ipod on my next Road Car Trip to Manali next month... my Pro will connect to my car stereo... also I have put in 8GB memory card - so all my music will travel with me.....

more to come.....

I was talking about the low volume not through headphones, but the volume for ringtones, etc.

Also wad is Sennheiser's? Even I wanna watch Kaminay:-(

And lastly do let us know about the caller name feature when you discover it!

Enjoying Dhan Ta Na (Kameenay) on my Sennheiser's on Touch Pro....

@ankit man, I dont understand what low volume you were talking about through headphones.... I had to set volume to 50% and I set the Augdio Booster to ON and set equaliser to ROCK..... and its rockin like hell man..... Sound Quality at par with any ipod....

More I get to know this phone, more I am enjoying it -

Just discovered -

- A wonderful inbuilt Voice Recognition Software that automatically dials Your Contacts (just had to use a firangi accent); it even has option to speak Incoming Caller Name a la Nokia Phones (though I am little confused how to activate it - will get to it soon)

- The Charger and Multi-Point Adapter both have inbuilt light indicators - touch of class....

- No need for separate 3.5mm adapter, built into the Multi Point Adapter - it has 2 usb, 1x 2.5mm and 1x 3.5mm, both supporting Microphone also... just wonderful... will charge and the phone play songs simultaneously... now no need for any ipod on my next Road Car Trip to Manali next month... my Pro will connect to my car stereo... also I have put in 8GB memory card - so all my music will travel with me.....

more to come.....

^

Yes, I was able to enable the caller name feature; but it was impractical as the ring stopped after 1 ring and it only vibrated and said caller name like "Call from 'Name' on Mobile Phone". So for all practical purposes it worked but since its volume was too low, I reverted back to original settings.

If you want and try, here's the registry hack for the same -

The problem with the call announcement on the TPdoesn't appear to be with Voice Command, but possibly with the phone softwareon the TP - since Voice Command is generating the announcement file - it's justnot being played.

The following registry changes might partially restore the call announcement, ashort-term solution until something better comes along:

HKCU\ControlPanel\Sounds\TTSAnnounce\Category: change VoiceCommand1 to Ring

HKCU\ControlPanel\Sounds\TTSAnnounce\Script: change as5p to v0p (for vibrateand ring) or p (for ring only)

With this change, the ringtone will start - and then be interrupted with thecalller ID/name announcement. (Assuming that call announcement has been enabledin Voice Command).

Only major flaw with this solution is that the announcement volume is low.

Sennheiser is the brand of my headphones...

Ringtone volume for me is quite high; what I suggest to you - use a mp3 file which has been trimmed and its volume level slightly increased by a program like - mp3trimpro (attached)

MPtrim_pro.zip

mp3Trim PRO.exe

Not to hijack the thread, but here's some news on HTC Hero 200 for CDMA (with Android)

HTC Hero for CDMA

105981_herobig.jpg

^

Yaa, thats very great news we all have heard.... but we must be realistic in our expectations ACCORDING TO INDIAN CONDITIONS.... there is no sight of even 3G here.... Data would be very hard (if not impossible) on these more and more complicated meid sets..... so for us sitting in India, Diamonds/Touch Pro's are the best bet as FULLY FUNCTIONAL PHONES for the foreseeable future.... and the price point is also FANTASTIC... Pre as such can be deemed as a FAILURE, AFAICT........

htc hero will be launched on sprint next mnth

btw a lot of cool handsets are coming to cdma in this 2-3 mnths

htc hero ...stom2....samsung instintQ....

yeah

those two just skipped my attention

see ,who says cdma is dying ??

such awesome phones are coming on cdma

@ankit

try setting this tune as your ring tone and check your speaker volume. I have changed its volume slightly and it rings very loud....

trim-Aankh Micholi.mp3