Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
dkaile

Sprint Htc Touch Pro - Problems & Solutions

if u consider my experienece then mighty rom is good only for windows 6.1 ( mighty rom 4)

for windows 6.5 try other roms which tanveer has been recommending

• Like 2

Fair enough, but then do you guys recommend Windows 6.5 as a good option for HTC Touch Pro?

if u consider my experienece then mighty rom is good only for windows 6.1 ( mighty rom 4)

for windows 6.5 try other roms which tanveer has been recommending

^^^

yes

now windows 6.5 is more stable than what it was a few mnths back

Has anyone unlocked the "GPS Photo" feature and successfully geotagged a photo of the Touch Pro, I already unlocked the feature (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=454300), also on getting an fix in the camera, the Exif data shows the Lattitude and Longitude data as 0;0;0. Any ideas, guys, I've already searched PPCgeeks and XDA forum. I dont want to use any other softwares like shozu or gpstoday.

Dear Techies

After a lot of searching, googling and ppcgeeking i cant find a good solution for call(both end loud and clear) recording. I am using Original Sprint Rom by the way i found that we can tweak and use other roms(not offical) like mighty,dcd, etc. and make call recording work smoothly. Now i am at this stage i can make call recording it records both end but the other end is not clear we can barely hear. I used In Call recorder (thanks to Dr. Muffaddal) and S2A for this. SO please help can i tweak the other end sound in original rom (Sprint stock rom).

It may be a help

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=58327

First Install Conflipper S2A and reset

Install In Call Recorder and Reset.

Start call recording with the help of speakerphone (as of now)

NB: Please change extension to .cab

DiyPDA InCall Recorder(cabfile).zip

Conflipper Slide 2 Answer(cabfile).zip

so is this possible on any touch pro which has been bought with a plan in the us ans used? or only with a clean esn ? or a bad esn will alsso work? like the ones from e bay will work?

any phone.. bad e$n also...

Can I do the EPST settings directly on the fresh imported TP from eBay with original ESN?

Are these sets MEID or ESN based?

Sorry, I am just toddler.

Thanks

^^^

yes

now windows 6.5 is more stable than what it was a few mnths back

Sir,

Probably 6.5 may slow down the UI vis a vis 6.1, something like what vista does to system compared to XP?

Okie guys, a minor issue... Can't we set customized rings for SMS's? Because I have copied all my ringtones and I can access them for phone ringtones, but when it comes to SMS, I just don't get that option!

One more thing that I have noticed is that all the sms tones have a smaller Windows Media Player icon as compared to the phone ringtones.

Help please?

@sunny

No, u cant; these r meid based handsets

@ankit

sms tones does not support mp3 by default; only wav files are suitable; if u need mp3 as sms tone, u will have to covert mp3 to wav file and put it in \windows folder; then it will be visible as sms tone also; but that will be too resource hungry and hence not recommended...

Edited by dkaile
  • Like 1

Thanks Dhiraj!

@sunny

@ankit

sms tones does not support mp3; only wav files are suitable; if u need mp3 as sms tone, u will have to covert mp3 to wav file and put it in \windows folder; then it will be visible as sms tone also; but that will be too resource hungry and hence not recommended...

^^^

it is possible

u can use any third party software to set customise ringtones for sms for each contact

http://rapidshare.com/files/99620688/Ringo.v1.4.0.4.PPC.Regged.rar

Edited by mufaddal_km

@sunny

How can we differentiate between and meid and an esn based handset... if we are buying a new sprint htc touch pro from ebay...will it be esn or meid...and how to check for it so that we can use it here in india with reliance?

Thanks & Regards,

Amit...

all pro handsets are meid based....

• Like 1

so is this possible on any touch pro which has been bought with a plan in the us ans used? or only with a clean esn ? or a bad esn will alsso work? like the ones from e bay will work?

any phone.. bad e$n also...

Can I do the EPST settings directly on the fresh imported TP from eBay with original ESN?

Are these sets MEID or ESN based?

Sorry, I am just toddler.

Thanks

TP handsets are MEID based and not ESN based.

Yes U can configure those handsets to work in INDIA...

all pro handsets are meid based....

Ohh.. i read abt esn and meid..as the esn numbers are getting over the fcc/industry have started issuing this new meid numder (like imei) for identification of cdma handsets.

So there is no difference for activation here in india between esn and meid handsets??...

it is jus a different method for mobile identification as far as i have read...correct me if i am worng!!!

Ohh.. i read abt esn and meid..as the esn numbers are getting over the fcc/industry have started issuing this new meid numder (like imei) for identification of cdma handsets.

MEID created as ESNs exhausted in Sept 2008 as per Wikipedia. so its like ESNs in new format.. more details on MEID

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mobile_Equipment_Identifier

i have already moved to meid :)

How do I turn on the delivery reports in Touch Pro...

u need to load HP_Rel_Settings.cab; reboot; then go to start-programs-messaging-menu-options- click text messages and then tick on Request delivery notifications.

This cab file has been posted in many places and also in this topic and mogul topic.

I am using my Touch Pro in Tata Indicom can I use the same cab file?

I am a new user of touch pro !

Do we have any software to merge address books and manage address books (remove duplicates etc.) for windows 6?

Thanks in advance!!

maylsamy

no, the tata files are different and i mam not sure whether they have delivery notifications...

Okie guys, facing a very weird problem!

I was on Energy ROM 6.5, where I had used Fring to login to my Gtalk. Now I have hard-reset and come back to Mighty ROM 4.

However, still I am always shown online on Gtalk as "On HTC Touch Pro". When I try to go invisible or anything from the computer, it says I can't do it since I am already logged in. I have changed my password also, but to no avail. People see me online, ping me and it comes in chats also, but I don't get any chats from them?

Can anyone help me here? Just dont know how is this possible, since I have uninstalled Fring, plus I have done a hard reset, plus I have changed my password!!!

OK, so Here's a Step by Step Guide for GENERAL SETTINGS by EPST-

First copy the reliance.prl directly to your memory card

Then Press Green (Dial) button to enter dialler

Press ##778# - you will be able to see EPST Screen now... Press Edit... Enter Unlock code as the 6 digit code you got from BAFMSL...

You will enter Main Display Screen and all info will be displayed.

Now on this Display Screen edit only 2 fields - Nam Name to Reliance and MSID to your 10 digit MIN number by first selecting then clicking Menu-Edit;

Then, Click View Info and then go to NAM Settings. Here you have to edit NAM Name to Reliance, Mobile Directory Number to your 10 digit Reliance Number, Check and confirm that in MSID your 10 digit MIN number is displayed (if not, edit to MIN); MCC to 404, MNC to 00

Then Click View Info again and select CDMA Settings - These should be like as below, otherwise edit them to these figures -

A-Sys Primary 283; B-Sys Primary 384; A-Sys Secondary 691; B-Sys Secondary 777; MOB_TERM_FOR_HOM /SID/NID - All should be Enable; Home Page/Home Orig, Roam Orig - all should be EVRC

Then Click View Info again and select Home SID/Home NID - Edit the first field i.e. Home SID/NID #1 to 14655 / 65535

Then Click View Info again and select Modem Settings - Slot Cycle Index is 2 (but you can edit it to 1 for faster tower catching, your choice); Preferred Serving Syste / Preferred Mode- both should be Automatic; dont touch anything else...

Then Click View Info again and select PRL - Click Update PRL File - Menu - Edit - Browse - It will be able to see and search the reliance.prl on your memory card - select it - Press OK; so your prl is now updated

Then Click View Info again and select M.IP Settings - edit MIP_MODE and change iit to Simple IP Only

Finally click Menu - OK and then update your settings and phone will reboot...

Now say CHEERS... AND START CALLING...

I wish to just know the sequence of 1.unlocking cmonex hspl 2.loading custom roms (like mighty rom) 3.setting up epst for reliance. 4.esn repair and radio setup.

for the sake of newbies like me, this might help in summarizing few things because what we see is lot of information scattered. Though we get it we would appreciate if sequence from say sprint Diamond/Touch Pro to working on reliance is at least revised again here at one place.

^^^

dude esn repair method cant be posted openly like this

it will put forum into trouble which we dont want

what is been posted in first post is nam programming