Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
dkaile

Sprint Htc Touch Pro - Problems & Solutions

some interesting inside photos of Touch pro

htc_touch_pro_full.jpghtc_touch_pro_pcb_front.jpghtc_touch_pro_pcb_back.jpghtc_touch_pro_usb.jpghtc_touch_pro_screen_module.jpghtc_touch_pro_block_diagram.jpg

Edited by hitesh123
  • Like 1

I have managed to start Tata service on my HTC Touch Pro with some initial ens/mseid or whatever difficulties.

So far...loving my HTC. Everyday is a new surprise.

Can I post my Tata related query in this thread? If yes, how do I configure internet for Tata? This is a feature I am struggling to activate. If possible, could someone explain it step by step?

ps - i am a non techie but will try my best to understand.

thank you.

Tata settings are posted at many places in this forum, in mogul topic, in this topic also and elsewhere... try little searching and you will find them...

enjoy your pro...

Okie guys, a few queries:

Firstly, suddenly my TP is continuously trying to connect to the net... I have checked all settings, but nothing seems to suggest that I have enabled auto connect! Finally I have deleted my password, so whenever it wishes to connect now, it asks for my password first! How do I disable this thingie now?

Secondly, I am using Google Sync. Just wanted to know, Google does not sync sms's, right? And if it does where can we see those sms's on the internet? If it doesn't sync sms's, won't Active Sync or Microsoft My Phone make more sense?

nothing happens suddenly; every action has an equal and OPPOSITE reaction; first think what you have done recently to make this change and reverse it; otherwise, its usually either the weather, rss feeds, 1 more sprint loaded program (I forgot its name), etc. that tries to connect automatically... disable all those and your pro will become peaceful once again...

i dont think any program sync sms except perhaps myphone... choice is yours... or change to android.... LOL... lots of softwares there which dont exactly sync but at least backup to your Gmail account... ppcpimbackup on windows mobile, backs up and restores all your info including sms to your memory card for windows mobile...

No Dhiraj! Thats the thing! I haven't installed anything nor have I done anything for weather, RSS feeds, etc. Which is why I am so hassled :-(

Its draining battery like crazy...

nothing happens suddenly; every action has an equal and OPPOSITE reaction; first think what you have done recently to make this change and reverse it; otherwise, its usually either the weather, rss feeds, 1 more sprint loaded program (I forgot its name), etc. that tries to connect automatically... disable all those and your pro will become peaceful once again...

i dont think any program sync sms except perhaps myphone... choice is yours... or change to android.... LOL... lots of softwares there which dont exactly sync but at least backup to your Gmail account... ppcpimbackup on windows mobile, backs up and restores all your info including sms to your memory card for windows mobile...

^

which rom are you on?

Mighty ROM 6.5

Been using that now for the last two months and touchwood had no problems till now

^

which rom are you on?

then I hv no idea abt that rom... can only help u on sprint original rom...

OK, so Here's a Step by Step Guide for GENERAL SETTINGS by EPST-

First copy the reliance.prl directly to your memory card

Then Press Green (Dial) button to enter dialler

Press ##778# - you will be able to see EPST Screen now... Press Edit... Enter Unlock code as the 6 digit code you got from BAFMSL...

You will enter Main Display Screen and all info will be displayed.

Now on this Display Screen edit only 2 fields - Nam Name to Reliance and MSID to your 10 digit MIN number by first selecting then clicking Menu-Edit;

Then, Click View Info and then go to NAM Settings. Here you have to edit NAM Name to Reliance, Mobile Directory Number to your 10 digit Reliance Number, Check and confirm that in MSID your 10 digit MIN number is displayed (if not, edit to MIN); MCC to 404, MNC to 00

Then Click View Info again and select CDMA Settings - These should be like as below, otherwise edit them to these figures -

A-Sys Primary 283; B-Sys Primary 384; A-Sys Secondary 691; B-Sys Secondary 777; MOB_TERM_FOR_HOM /SID/NID - All should be Enable; Home Page/Home Orig, Roam Orig - all should be EVRC

Then Click View Info again and select Home SID/Home NID - Edit the first field i.e. Home SID/NID #1 to 14655 / 65535

Then Click View Info again and select Modem Settings - Slot Cycle Index is 2 (but you can edit it to 1 for faster tower catching, your choice); Preferred Serving Syste / Preferred Mode- both should be Automatic; dont touch anything else...

Then Click View Info again and select PRL - Click Update PRL File - Menu - Edit - Browse - It will be able to see and search the reliance.prl on your memory card - select it - Press OK; so your prl is now updated

Then Click View Info again and select M.IP Settings - edit MIP_MODE and change iit to Simple IP Only

Finally click Menu - OK and then update your settings and phone will reboot...

Now say CHEERS... AND START CALLING...

Hello Sir,

Thanks for this detailed post!!!

I am a newbee... I got an unlocked htc touchpro from US. I followed the above steps mentioned by you!!!

Now I got the RIM network in my phone.

Dialed *228 but it says phone cud not be activated!!! (on screen i get a message "programming in process..." and then "Programming Failed...")

Dialed *333 I get beep tones!!!

I currently have a LG RD-3150 handset(my current Reliance Number is active in this) with a UIMM in it.

What do I do now? How should I proceed? Did I miss anything?

Please help me in this matter

Sprint Touch Pro SMS Timestamp Hotfix | 01.13.2010

Please follow the instructions below to download and install a hotfix that will correct this issue. The hotfix will resolve the issue causing incoming SMS messages to display the incorrect year, and it will correct the incorrect year on SMS messages that were received prior to installing this hotfix.

NOTE: If the device is not running the latest software version 2.01.651.6, please download and install the latest ROM from this page.

How to copy the hotfix to the device

1. Download the hotfix below and save it to the desktop of your PC
  2. Verify you have installed and configured the Activesync or Windows Mobile Device Center (WMDC) software
  3. Place the Touch Pro in Airplane Mode by navigating to Start > Programs > Comm Manager and tapping on Airplane Mode
  4. Connect the Touch Pro to your PC using the supplied USB cable
  5. In Activesync, tap on Explore to bring up the File Explorer window. For WMDC, tap on File Management then Browse the contents of your device.
  6. If using WMDC, double click on the device memory folder that appears in the File Explorer screen. This is usually depicted by a backslash icon. Next, double click on My Documents.
  7. Drag and drop the hotfix file from your Desktop to the File Explorer window

How to install the hotfix on the device

1. On the device, tap Start > Programs > File Explorer
  2. Locate the hotfix file and single tap on it to install
  3. Follow the onscreen prompts to install the hotfix
  4. Reboot the device per on-screen instructions to finalize installation
  5. After the device reboots, take the device out of Airplane Mode by navigating to Start > Programs > Comm Manager and tapping on Airplane Mode

NOTES ON THIS HOTFIX

• This hotfix will need to be reinstalled if the device is hard reset. Also, the hotfix cannot be installed again until the device is hard reset.
  • If any software was installed to bypass the MCTS functionality of the device, the device may need to be hard reset prior to this hotfix being installed.

TouchPro2016Patch2.01.cab

Guys, help...

HTC Touch Pro ki battery kahan milegi? My TP is not charging only... The white light shows as charging, but even after a whole night, it doesn't charge and then runs out of battery in a while.

Dhiraj has said that it might be a battery issue... but I can't even check unless I buy a new one, right? And the phone is less than a year old and already battery problems?!?!

Would HTC Service Centre be a good option to source the batteries from?

get it checked from a good trusted mechanic; manish market is best for you; it may be a battery issue or charger issue or charger pin issue or (very less chance) hardware issue... htc service centre guys are idiots...

Hmmm... anyone here familiar with Manish market and who to go to?

get it checked from a good trusted mechanic; manish market is best for you; it may be a battery issue or charger issue or charger pin issue or (very less chance) hardware issue... htc service centre guys are idiots...

contact chirag (csmart), I think he got some TP work done recently from some shop...

I have a battery if you are interested

Yes please... where can I contact you?

I have a battery if you are interested

i had gone some work done on diamond from manish market

if new battery also dont work

then lemme know

Cool.. thanks! As of now getting it from Tanveer.. Hope it shall sort the issue!

i had gone some work done on diamond from manish market

if new battery also dont work

then lemme know

I have been using a touch pro.

There is some problem I have started facing for the past one week...

The screen appears to become yellowish and lot of blue lines appear on the background,

this becomes normal in a few seconds only when I start using the touch screen...

For the past one day a new problem has started...

The screen light goes off automatically and comes back only when it is pressed on the panel below the screen.(Press where hTc is written) and then the light goes off as soon as I release my hand off the panel...

A friend of mine told that it could possibly be a problem of the sliding strip... Could it be so?

does any one have an idea of this problem... and any solutions please...

post-47370-127505114497_thumb.jpg

Dear friends

Mine have the same problem when we touch on the "HTC" written place under the touchscreen there is a bluish screen is coming sometime the back light becomes low and when we release it, the backlight comes again. Same problem with vertical scrolling area of touchscreen. When i show this to a local repair shop they said it is probably due to the sliding strip. So please show some light on the problem dear techies.

^^^

For both problem there are two solutions

1) You need to check the physical connector of the cable, which is under from kays.

2) Cable may be faulty. get it replaced from repair shop.

^^^

For both problem there are two solutions

1) You need to check the physical connector of the cable, which is under from kays.

2) Cable may be faulty. get it replaced from repair shop.

Now my display is not working at all...

Can anyone help, where do I get my sprint touch pro repaired in hyderabad.

Tried the HTC service centre in hyderabad, the person here said that its not possible to repair it here since its a US based handset.

Please help...

post-47370-127688784512_thumb.jpg

Hi Jabir,

I showed my touch pro to a hardware technician, he said that the slide flex cable is spoilt. Which needs to be replaced.

I have ordered the same part from china. Expecting it to arrive in a few days.

Shall let you know if any luck after the replacement.

The image shows the part that needs to be replaced.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190377940780&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT#ht_2340wt_848

Edited by aankush

^

Thats the main concern with any slider phone.

One reason I prefer to stay away from Sliders

• Like 1