Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
dkaile

Sprint Htc Touch Pro - Problems & Solutions

^

people who dont know ABCD of rom updates and flashing roms and unlocking should either try reading and spending time on this and other different forums OR NOT GO FOR THESE TYPE OF PHONES without proper first hand survey; everybody I see first gets these phones and then tries to search for solutions, whereas it shud be the other way round....

Hello -

I've done necessary programming needed for Touch Pro (with information supplied in this forum and few others), thanks to all. I need some guidance as I'm having difficulty in getting activated in Tata Indicom (Currently I'm having Treo 755p activated in Tata). Associate from Tata customer care is willing to help me (he had activated my Treo 755p) but he's getting some pESN errors while registering the Touch Pro MEID. He has been asking others to see if they can sole but so far no luck.

Highly appreciate your help , please guide me if somebody has already activated a TP in TATA. Thanks

u will need to clo*e ur device to tata meid/es*... pls search on this forum/other forums for solutions... this topic is NOT for clo*ing solutions...

@htcs**ks (what a name for a HTC phone owner!!) upgrade to new sprint rom (link already given in this topic-search search) and ur problem will be solved if ur device is properly unlocked...

Edited by dkaile
  • Like 2

Thanks a lot .. this helps , I'll be on my job now ....

Hello -

Thanks a lot ... I've done necessary programming and in TATA network sucessfully , but I've a small trouble ...Now my phone works only with radio 1.08.99 (since I'd to flash to this radio to work on MEID/E*N) ... flashing to any other radio shows NO SERVICE ... Phone radio doesn't turn on ... Voice works with 1.08.99 but not text & other services (it was mentioned in the instruction as well) ... Any help ...

(I did flash to stock rom - NO LUCK , now on Energy ROM (HSPL .37)

is ur phone unlocked properly; what hardspl's u used; did u also do mtty commands properly...

is ur phone unlocked properly; what hardspl's u used; did u also do mtty commands properly...

Hi, Phone is unlocked prroperly and I'm having Raphael_CDMA_HSPL_037.. I've checked all parms. I'm able to make and receive call (but not SMS/data etc. it was very clearly mention in the instruction that Radio 1.08 is for flashing purpose (belive it's from Diamond) and we need to update with TP radio after completing E*N change.

I tried changing multiple radios (from PPCGeeks site) but no luck.

Thans

was it flashed beforehand with hspl 0.25 and mtty commands run?

I found my caller id announcement not working even i ticked Settings-->Personel->Voice ommand-> Phone-> Announce Incoming calls and other settings i found this solution in pPC geeks.. If anyone got this problem go thru this reg tweaks

this registry edit gets announcements to work:

Edit this registry key:

HKCU\ControlPanel\Sounds\TTSAnnounce\Category

Change from VoiceCommand1 to Ring

As originally stated, it works, but sounds level is low. To increase the sound level, I did this edit:

HKCU\Control Panel\Sound Categories\Voice Command1\AttenutationCategory

I set it to 4 which is decent, you can go to 5, but I see no difference going louder. Using 0 or 1 will make it whisper quiet.

If that does not make it louder, then edit:

HKCU\Control Panel\Sound Categories\Ring\AttenutationCategory

Same thing, set to 4 or 5.

I didn't have to make any changes to InitVol registry settings as previous people stated.

Now the phone will speak callers name and phone type (IE, "home"), if my BT headset is enabled then it will spreak it over the headset instead.

I also like it better when "Michelle" talks a little slower, as previously stated that can be changed by editing:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Speech\Voices \DefaultTTSRate

Mine defaulted to 5, I dropped it to 1 which is normal/slightly slow talking. I think I might bump it up to 2 at some point.

Credits: PPC GEEKS

^

called id and message announcement works flawlessly in sprint latest rom; no need for any registry hacks...

BTW

Surprise Surprise

I had loaded the new EVDO card prl on my phone and today entered delhi and guess what I am getting "EV" on my phone instead of 1X

Also Also

When I use data i.e. internet directly on phone, it shifts to 1X

but but

When I use Internet Sharing and connect to my laptop it stays on EV !!!!!!!

INCREDIBLE....

Needs to be researched more.... working on it....

I am using my Touch Pro in Tata Indicom can I use the same cab file?

Delivery notifications are working with HP_Rel_Settings.cab for Tata also

Thanks Hetal....

Dhiraj,

I have tried this. But it doesn't serve any purpose. voice is normal with evdo. During data it goes back to 1X. Even during internet sharing & with WMWIFI Router its goes back to 1X. You get these results if u r using opera, operamini or skyfire etc, these browsers compress the data.

If you find any advantage of using EVDO PRL please let us know

Edited by Anil_S

Hi,

I have purchased a new Sprint HTC Touch Pro, loaded with Mighty Rom. I am having some problem with network signal. The signal is never constant, it is fluctuating very often and everywhere resulting in call dropping and less battery backup. Can anybody help me to solve this issue.

Hi,

I have purchased a new Sprint HTC Touch Pro, loaded with Mighty Rom. I am having some problem with network signal. The signal is never constant, it is fluctuating very often and everywhere resulting in call dropping and less battery backup. Can anybody help me to solve this issue.

There could be some issue with the RADIO. Have you tried flashing to a different radio ? Look into the PPCgeek forum ( http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=68 ) , and flash to a different radio. I'm using the Telus radio (in Chennai) and find perfect.

be cautious while flashing Radio Rom.u can brick your phone if its not done properly.

^

arre, aise darao nahin bhai... how will newbies learn...

be cautious while flashing Radio Rom.u can brick your phone if its not done properly.

if u have hspl then nothing to worry about

Dear Dhirajji & Dr. Mufaddalji,

I have a problem connecting R-connect to my PC.

I have Spirit Touch Pro on original spirit rom with reliance connection.

I am able to use r-world and r-connect on my phone's browser. But now i want to connect it to the PC, but i am facing problem with that. I have attached some image files of my phone's settings with this post. Can you please tell me the solution for this. I am in urgent need of that.

Also dhirajji, can anybody use EVDO prl on his number. OR do we need to activate it on our number.

Where to find the EVDO prl ???

awaiting your reply...

Gondiamail.

post-61472-126354532471_thumb.jpeg

post-61472-126354534272_thumb.jpeg

post-61472-12635453651_thumb.jpeg

post-61472-126354538145_thumb.jpeg

post-61472-126354539829_thumb.jpeg

post-61472-126354541026_thumb.jpeg

post-61472-126354542102_thumb.jpeg

post-61472-12635454399_thumb.jpeg

^

if u wud have read this topic from beginning u wud hv known how to fix it; its resolution was already given earlier; anyways, just go "My ISP" connection and configure it with the username and pw u want (like ur mdn or the uts one; any one u wish) and ur internet sharing will start working...

the evdo prl has also been posted else where on the forum; anyways, I am posting again (both 1x and high speed/evdo one); up till now there is no use of this prl, except u will start getting Ev sign instead of 1x and you can become :) seeing it..... lol...... no activation etc. is needed and it can be loaded directly from epst or qpst...

prl.rar

Edited by dkaile
  • Like 1

Dear Dhirajji,

I have gone to "My ISP" settings and have edited the "Phone as Moden" connection and entered the 10 digit MDN as username and password, and then clicked "Finish". But when i again click "Edit...", i found the Username and Password as BLANK.

post-61472-126355744837_thumb.jpeg

Then i have created a new connection under "My ISP" as "My Connection 1" and entered the 10 digit MDN as username and password, and then clicked "Finish". Now when i manually click on this connection and click connect, it gets connected.

Then i have deleted the "Phone as Modem" connection and then after closing all this, when i go to the "Internet sharing program", it again says check the settings.

But when i revisited the "My ISP" settings, i found that "Phone as Modem" connection comes up again automatically, and also there is one "Auto Pick" Option in "My ISP".

post-61472-126355746528_thumb.jpeg

But once while using the "Internet sharing Program", i got one error message for "Device configuration". What is this Profile Update error ???

post-61472-126355747931_thumb.jpeg

Please help me, and give me some solution...

- Gondiamail.

^

if u wud have read this topic from beginning u wud hv known how to fix it; its resolution was already given earlier; anyways, just go "My ISP" connection and configure it with the username and pw u want (like ur mdn or the uts one; any one u wish) and ur internet sharing will start working...

the evdo prl has also been posted else where on the forum; anyways, I am posting again (both 1x and high speed/evdo one); up till now there is no use of this prl, except u will start getting Ev sign instead of 1x and you can become :) seeing it..... lol...... no activation etc. is needed and it can be loaded directly from epst or qpst...

I dont have a pro with me now, and now am on hero...

but u shudnt have deleted the phone as modem connection; btw, the shots posted by you are not of the latest original sprint rom of pro;

Under my ISP, just let there be 1 connection i.e. phone as modem and edit it to put your mdn etc. It will connect by default only with phone as modem... also make sure u have replaced htc_cm guardian.exe file with blank 0kb one and deleted the sprint connections.... these are basics which i cant repeat over and over again.... read the topic fully... also ignore any profile update errors...

I've just bought HTC Touch Pro 2, and activated my Reliance number on it.

I have read this thread till page 7, and resolved the Internet issue. Not read all replies.

Here is my problem.

I want to have 'Messaging Group'. It doesn't allow me to 'Add Member'.

I have added few contacts. But it doesn't allow to add any member to either SMS or Email group.

Yes, It does allow to click on 'Add Members', but clicking doesn't do anything.

Any solutions?

I've just bought HTC Touch Pro 2, and activated my Reliance number on it.

I have read this thread till page 7, and resolved the Internet issue. Not read all replies.

Here is my problem.

I want to have 'Messaging Group'. It doesn't allow me to 'Add Member'.

I have added few contacts. But it doesn't allow to add any member to either SMS or Email group.

Yes, It does allow to click on 'Add Members', but clicking doesn't do anything.

Any solutions?

As far as my knowledge goes:

You have to select a particular contact and edit the "Categories" section....

try it out.. it works perfectly for my touch pro... not sure about the TP2