Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
dkaile

Sprint Htc Hero - The Latest Android Kid On The Block

^

Hmmmm....... If this issue is being faced even by sprint users, then its definitely a serious data bug... hope it will get patched sooner than later....very strange that some users didnt face it... Update will come very soon, I hope... otherwise you can always downgrade to 1.5 rom and save the day...

Edited by dkaile

Always do battery pull reset after the rom update...

First of all, all these settings and stuff is NOT FOR NEWBIES.... I presumed to have told that many times and one should be ready to play in QPST only if one has prior programming knowledge...

YOU CANNOT SCREW YOUR HERO at any cost if you have some basic QPST knowledge... and NEWBIES kindly stay away...

I think the post should read that u cannot screw up ur hero if u have people like dkaile to help u unscrew ur self..

Thank you dkaile ji for getting my phone up and running again :signthankspin: .

Now all remains is the matter of the internet , the funny part is that is working for some and not working for some , maybe depends on the initial programming , any how will leave it our gurus to figure it out.

I more irritating thing i have found out is that htc facebook sync now also connects the persons email id and phone no from facebook to ur account. when these people are in a group and u want to send a group forward its the email id which comes by default and not the mobile no. Any easy solution?

:previous: It is "Google" that is making it show the email address instead of the number. Open the contact from "People", then press Menu button and click Link and then remove the link lock for Google. It should now show the number instead of email address.
  • Like 1

^^^

i am really happy to see Arun on this topic, and +1 for updates and answers by him.

Keep the good work Admin Ji !

First of all, all these settings and stuff is NOT FOR NEWBIES.... I presumed to have told that many times and one should be ready to play in QPST only if one has prior programming knowledge...

YOU CANNOT SCREW YOUR HERO at any cost if you have some basic QPST knowledge... and NEWBIES kindly stay away...

@ Dkaile

I think I m not newbie.. I know QPST since my Mogul

I also know that ##evdo# is equal to ##3836# But when pressing this nothing happens

I am still cant use internet

Hey Guys

I want to downgrade to 1.56 I have this RUU File of 1.56 stock rom

Buy when I flash it stopped saying you can not update

My stock rom was 1.56 only

Plz help me out

I am not much amazed by new 2.1 and also the internet is not working for me

Edited by dpinal

u cant go back to 1.56 using ruu

^^^

seems something is breaking in 2.1

in qpst check ur mip profile

try to disable it and see

^^

Did it but still no success.

Internet not connecting at all

Any way to beck to Stock 1.56??

:NOTriste: :NOTriste:

Mr Dkaile

Where r u help me out??

^

contact mufaddal; he will explain you complete procedure...Its nothing to get alarmed about; he will explain it to you...

also urs is a unique case it seems...

Edited by dkaile

well to all who have issues

did u guys do ota update or did u use 2.1ruu ???

well to all who have issues

did u guys do ota update or did u use 2.1ruu ???

I use RUU downloaded from HTC site

not having any issues with data or calls after 2.1 update thru ruu. i wasnt rooted before.was on stock 1.5 which came on phone. if anyone wants to know my settings thru qspt can msg me.was thinking of sharing that saved file thru qspt but it has the esn and all that. i didnt change anything when i updated and it worked right away. if someone is goingto do upgrade after hearing all this then make a backup before u update and then load it from the file in qspt.

not having any issues with data or calls after 2.1 update thru ruu. i wasnt rooted before.was on stock 1.5 which came on phone. if anyone wants to know my settings thru qspt can msg me.was thinking of sharing that saved file thru qspt but it has the esn and all that. i didnt change anything when i updated and it worked right away. if someone is goingto do upgrade after hearing all this then make a backup before u update and then load it from the file in qspt.

Can u give me your setting of QPST.,.

Can u give it to me also, am having the same issues.

Am not at all happy with this update, it is using battery like anything , net doesnt work. Messaging app is also much slower then the older one.

@dkaile , if we try to re install the ruu is it likely to help?

Edited by doc_anurag

Can u give it to me also, am having the same issues.

Am not at all happy with this update, it is using battery like anything , net doesnt work. Messaging app is also much slower then the older one.

@dkaile , if we try to re install the ruu is it likely to help?

I also see that some applications are very slow My phone book gets time to open I have 890 contacts

I am too unhappy with this update

Edited by dpinal

If you all are really facing so many issues, Either flash the pervious 1.56 rom or Alap rom. I face no issues whatsoever!

Edited by SumitVerma

If you all are really facing so many issues, Either flash the pervious 1.56 rom or Alap rom. I face no issues whatsoever!

I dont think that is possible as our boot loader has also been updated. I think the update per se is flawed.

^

I am damn sure you can.

Just try and flash 1.56 RUU available Here

Hope that helps :)

Wrong info! Extremely sorry!

Edited by SumitVerma

i cannot mail the qspt setting as i told u , it contains esn and all information which cannot be shared. but as i said i can try to help u check the settings..if there is any way then suggest.

i cannot mail the qspt setting as i told u , it contains esn and all information which cannot be shared. but as i said i can try to help u check the settings..if there is any way then suggest.

How about if u can take screen shots of the main tabs and cover ur esn and min and other id information . So we can compare other settings.

guys try to run the 2.1 ruu again and see

btw people who have using 1.56 ,and those who have rooted i suggest all of them to first wipe the device , wipe dalvik cache and then only run 2.1 RUU.

I had already advised people to be careful with 2.1 official update and not to jump into bandwagon too soon , but people dont listen to expert advise ..lol

btw people who are running 2.1 , u cant use 1.56 RUU and downgrade

and i dont even advise it , coz it can semi brick your handset ...

wait for a fix either from sprint or from xda , it will come soon

^

I am damn sure you can.

Just try and flash 1.56 RUU available Here

Hope that helps :)

if you have updated using sprint 2.1 RUU

U cannot go back to 1.56,

thats becoz in 2.1 RUU updates your HBOOT

HBOOT doesnt like to be downgraded , thats why when u load 1.56 RUU it will error

so for now u are stuck with 2.1

I thought I know so called "Everything" about Hero and then I met Mufaddal ji and damn I was so wrong and had to face the fact that I have just learned to draw the slanting line of "A"

Thanks.. Else I would have been killed by many users here :Equivocado:

And for sure would have been :banned2:

Thanks a million. could I delete my post?

Edited by SumitVerma