Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
dkaile

Sprint Htc Hero - The Latest Android Kid On The Block

^^^

lol , i love that dancing droid in ur signature

Update:

Download now available Finally!

Link

^^^ Kindly update after Downloading and Installing.

finally its here !!!

i would love to hear custom 2.1 vs sprint 2.1

^^^

guys proceed with caution

this might patch ur root

^^^

I think as its official rom it will come unroot, u need to root it again.

^^^

I dont think there is a way to root it as of now. Only option to maintain root is not to use the official RUU and use one of the custom 2.1 roms.

Has anyone updated their phones how is it??

Yes, just updated it. The update process went smoothly and completed in 10 minutes... I'm on Android 2.1 now.... whooohooooo :punk:

^^^

thats what i am saying it might block the root that u have

i dont have hero anymore ( and i dont wish to have ..lol) , to check it it looses root

@Arun

Kindly update on Bluetooth issues and other functionality of this rom... As you know I dont have Hero anymore to check these thing....

@Arun

is it possible to install apps to sd card?

how much free space left?

google navigation working?

please post differences and new features

am on 1.5 stock.. and if i updgrade to 2.1 from the htc or sprint site.. wont it update the reiance prl and other settings? or its safe to do that just like we did on the windowsmobile phones.? especialy the mobile no, data settings and all that.? since im not rooted is there any disavantage if i go to this rom and lose my rootability as its an ruu? i also want to replace my old 2gb memory card with a 4 gb one. how do i incorporate it with my new install? dont mind losing my data on old card .

^

1. No, ROM upgrade wont do anything to prl

2. As it is the offical ROM, nothing can be as safe as this unless something really bad happens

3. Data settings would have to be updated ( the connection settings will have to be done again )

4. No, This ROM is not yet rootable, and as you are not rooted and you are fine with it, there is no need to worry about, however, I am sure its going to be rooted soon enough

5. ROM will not affect your SD card change neither you will lose the data, just copy paste everything from old card to the new one.

Hope That Helps!

^^^

regarding PRL:- Its official sprint ROM, so cant say.

I was back on stock rom once. Didnt do anything to PRL thats why I said.

:) I could be wrong!

prl update is a matter of seconds. Nothing should go wrong except you will loose rooting and that is not a issue for 99% people. So go ahead and update this rom...

Edited by dkaile

Hi Sumit,

So if I update my Rom to Sprint 2.1 what do I need to do to restore/update my data connection settings? I am on a Reliance Hero originally from Saddik (who preconfigured it). Are there any other ramifications? Pls guide.

@ Arun, can you pls give us some detailed feedback on how ROM 2.1 feels? Unfortunately all the Rim Gurus seem to have upgraded from the Hero so can't ask them.

Thanks !!

^

data connection does NOT get disturbed on rom upgrade and remains at whatever was previously set...

• Like 1

:previous:

Correct, I did not have to make any changes for the data

I am stilling configuring applications and restoring call logs, SMS, contacts, etc. at the moment.

@ Dhiraj ji!

Thanks for the confirmation about the connection settings!

I thought it does as it happens in winmo!

@arun

sms backup and restore is fantastic and it restored all my sms's from my Hero on 1.5 to My Incredible on 2.1...

:previous:

Correct, I did not have to make any changes for the data

I am stilling configuring applications and restoring call logs, SMS, contacts, etc. at the moment.

@Arun

I just did the update and am not able to use my mobile internet. It keeps saying 'Disconnected because service is unavailaible'. Did u have any such problems or was everything working from the start.

My voice\sms everything else is working fine.Hope its some network problem which resolves by itself by tommorow, otherwise guru's get ready to help!!!

PS My PRI is updated to 2.20_003 PRL is the same 001 does it make a difference.

@doc_anurag: No, its working fine for me and I did not make any change. The only gripe is the "Error Code 67. Registration failure. Your PCS Vision username and/or password may be incorrect." message which shows up after disconnecting a data session, which can be dismissed.

@dkaile ah i c, I used MyBackup Pro v2.3.5

One issue that I have noticed is that the SMS delivery status shown in the SMS sent is incorrect. It is showing the status as "Unsuccessful" for every SMS even though it was delivered. Can anyone who updated to 2.1 check this after sending an SMS? It is showing like that on both the default Messages application and on Handcent SMS.

For those who asked about Bluetooth, I was able to transfer files to and from (with a Nokia N82) using Bluetooth without any issue.

For those who asked about the performance after upgrade, yes there is a lag seen when you run more applications at a time, otherwise you won't see much of a difference. Overall the upgrade to 2.1 is good.