Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Himanshu Singh

Gave Up Reliance Communication For MTS

Reliance have BEST and Biggest National and International Fiber bia Local and FLAG Loops, Best Infrastructure Major Cities have STM1 or STM4 Fiber and even MTS is using it from TATA and Reliance too. Only Big Operator can offer good plan subject to availability of Spectrum and Congestion free Network. And Reliance Surely have all.

MTS have Spectrum but what about Backbone Network. I never see were is its fiber or Leased Network ?

Reliance have BEST and Biggest National and International Fiber bia Local and FLAG Loops, Best Infrastructure Major Cities have STM1 or STM4 Fiber and even MTS is using it from TATA and Reliance too. Only Big Operator can offer good plan subject to availability of Spectrum and Congestion free Network. And Reliance Surely have all.

MTS have Spectrum but what about Backbone Network. I never see were is its fiber or Leased Network ?

again question arises,

What matter if MTS can provide good connectivity+service without backbone?

again question arises,

What matter if MTS can provide good connectivity+service without backbone?

Well good for consumers at first.. But when its business affects the business of the operator giving backbone connectivity say 'X', then X can do some mischievous things (instead of reducing its tariffs to MTS level) to disturb MTS operation :rofl_200: and the finally customers will be affected..

It is always possible... So it is better to be on the n/w operator with own NLD backbone network...

Thats a wishful thinking and taking it too far.

Any telco can try to sabotage the other by simply not providing enough POIs to the other.Thats what has been happening to RCDMA in Delhi.

Try making a call from RCDMA/RGSM numbers of Delhi-NCR to Airtel numbers of Bihar-Jharkhand between 5pm and 9pm and you would know why all routes remain busy. Then try calling the same numbers from Airtel/Idea/Vodafone/Virgin/Aircel/MTS and you get through smoothly.On the other hand if I call BSNL numbers in Bihar-Jharkhand from RCDMA I always get connected anytime of the day.

This is something that I have noticed for over 2 years now.

then simply change operator.

previous.gif

Read the first post in this topic.. smile.gif

almost 1 Year Has Been Over Since The Launch Of RELIANCE GSM.. Bt The network Quality is very poor of reliance gsm in our area... so we dont have other option bt just to dumb it...

Ayaz, you are right. In certain circles the situation is pathetic.

almost 1 Year Has Been Over Since The Launch Of RELIANCE GSM.. Bt The network Quality is very poor of reliance gsm in our area... so we dont have other option bt just to dumb it...

RGSM is good in my area, because its tower is just 20 meters away from my home and office... :winko:

But from my roaming experience, the network quality of RGSM is not upto the mark... U see, I wont use RGSM while travelling by train :NO: .. The MOST WORST place I have ever experienced is in Raipur, capital of CG, where my calls didn't even get connected to any number even on 10AM morning :Ohhhh: for one hour... Even now, if I try to call a RGSM (smart) customer there in Raipur from my RGSM in my home (NOTE 20m from nearest RGSM tower) the call was junk and I didn't hear his voice at all for even 10 attempts.. Then I called from my BSNL landline... :( BUT NO PROBLEM FOR RCDMA THERE IN CG... :clap:

But why I still believe in RGSM is they seems to improve network (in TN, M&G, Chennai, etc..) except CG, may be not in RTL circles...

It has been 3 - 4 days since I'v been on RGSM. Signal intensity at my residence (Kothrud) seems really good... its mostly at max, just like Idea. Quite unlike Airtel which has always been dicy. However, I'v noticed that intercircle calls with Vodaphone take several attempts to get thru. No problem when calling the same Voda number from other phones. 

Can somebody tell me what frequency RGSM operates in, in Maharashtra circle?

^^^ RGSM is on 1800MHz

Got MTS sim,

Very happy with voice quality and good internet speed.

Hoping to chage my TATA/Reliance connection to MTS if MNP start by 31st oct. or will buy new connection.

Welcome aboard bro.. I am now in love with Tata as MTS is not present in Uttarakhand where I am currently posted.. But over the period when I started this thread a lot of water has flown down the Ganges..But some things have remained same.. RGSM continues to be pathetic..Reliance continues to get expensive by the day..

@All There are well more than a 100 recharge shops in my city (tvm). But only 2 of them have MTS cards/erecharging facility all the time. Others just put up their eye catching white 'anda' hoarding (which is provided for free) and laughs us off if we ask for MTS. And as for exclusive MTS store, it is 15km from home! Compare this with Tata Indicom which has 12 exclusive stores in a 8km radius. Anyone facing the same difficulty?? :) MTS have to improve the availability and distribution not to mention the network!

@karthik it's true

MTS need to expand Distibution.

Hope they are

Expnasion is their, but need to improve speed.

But to recharge we can use online site like rechargeitnow

@karthik, call the MTS CC and put a complaint, they may help you. I faced the same problem in Thrissur (kerala) about one year back and given a complaint, after that recharge coupons are easily available here. Now I am not facing such problem here. MTS can be recharged through "Oxygen" recharging centers.

:) Yeah. I should keep aside ''traditions'' and pick up something on the lines of rechargeitnow.