Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
::Hitesh::

Get Name Of Idea Mobile User

Just tested this trick yesterday,

By sending one simple sms from idea number, you can know the name of idea mobile user

Send "ACT (Idea mobile number)" to 55303

You will receive the name on which that mobile number is register.

What is the cost of sending this SMS

FREE !!! from any idea number.

Edited by hitesh123

wow, good idea,

hope other operator will also stat same.

also after mnp this application will be usefull to know which operator's number it is..

from whr u got this trick

What is the intended purpose of sending this SMS? To activate something.... ??

:previous:

to know the name of idea mobile user,

at lest we can know on which name idea number is register,

this is helfull when u want to know who is going misscall to u .

^ ^ ^

One of my friend told me same thing is available for Voda phone but dont know the sms number.

No way!  :Ohhhh:  That info is supposed to be confidential! In fact Idea should be sued for this kind of lax attitude towards subscriber's privacy!  :angry:

previous.gif

But why wud u like to keep ur name confidential unless u r doing something wrong?

I mean look at this in a way that u need mobile no. of ur old buddy. U sms n u get it(If a facility is started wherein u get the mobile no. by a person's name). Wats d harm???

Remember BSNL directory or the old R-World application????

Even i feel names and mobile number shouldn't be secret. If someone is calling or harrassing me, I should know the name of that person. The BSNL directory was good.

previous.gif

But why wud u like to keep ur name confidential unless u r doing something wrong?

I mean look at this in a way that u need mobile no. of ur old buddy. U sms n u get it(If a facility is started wherein u get the mobile no. by a person's name). Wats d harm???

Remember BSNL directory or the old R-World application????

IIRC, this has been discussed before. There was a proposal to introduce a directory of mobile numbers, same as that of BSNL landlines. One of the concerns put forward was of course privacy! It is fine that privacy is not a concern for you. But let us please not assume that it is the case with everyone. If ever such a directory is introduced, the inclusion of the subscriber's number should be optional.

In fact try calling up a mobile operator and ask for a subscriber's details. You will of course be refused. However, privacy is taken very lightly in India... and you could find a way around without too much effort. This loophole by Idea is an example.  :angry:

previous.gif

Ok... but wat abt developed countries?

Do they have such facilities???

Kindly update..

its not working i checked sms not going on 55303 from any idea mobile

This facility is only for idea distributor for sim replacement purpose and nothing else.

Same in airtel by sending a simple MSG on 121 but only for distributor.

This facility is only for idea distributor for sim replacement purpose and nothing else.

Same in airtel by sending a simple MSG on 121 but only for distributor.

Yes, this facility should be open to distributors only and NOT to all subscribers...

No way!  :Ohhhh:  That info is supposed to be confidential! In fact Idea should be sued for this kind of lax attitude towards subscriber's privacy!  :angry:

^^^

And I second Raccoon's opinion......Personal Information of subscribers should be Confidential only.

This facility is working for every idea user,

they are providing only full name and activation date.

It should be kept on user to give details to all or not.

I am sure its a loophole in the system and if they get a whiff of it, they'll plug the hole. Enjoy till it lasts.

And I second Raccoon's opinion......Personal Information of subscribers should be Confidential only.

Why Kamal bahi? I rather second Ani Meher on this issue.

Think about the situation, while a person is using a landline his number provides his name and address on the directory, while on the other hand the same person's name becomes secret if he is a mobile phone user. Why? When all the operators are mandatorily collecting the details of mobile subscribers and their photo, there should be digital directory on this.

TRAI can go for a website providing details of the subscriber, address and photo. What's the harm?

^^^

Saugata Bhai, in my opinion Mobile phone is a very personal type of thing. Any details related to personal info of the mobile user should never be made public by the operators.

We are already getting spammed by junk text messages every day. If the name / address of the mobile subscriber gone public then we will definitely get personalised spam messages and offers. It will do much harm then benefit because such info will be mainly used by marketing persons / spammers.

No doubt serious users like you and others will get benefited with the info....but then the ratio of users like you is very less. Even I don't remember when did I called 197 (mtnl directory helpline) or searched mtnl website for getting anyone's address / landline number. :)

It is my personal opinion only, because I don't need any such service nor I wish to get myself spammed on all my mobile numbers day / night unnecessarily. :)

• Like 2

^

True Kamal bhai. But sometimes we need info about subscribers which we don't get. There could be better & stringent law for not disturbing subscribers.

However, there are software to block unwanted calls and messages. I use Mr. Number.

This type of software allow 'White List' by means of which the phone rings only when calls are received from pre-selected list of numbers.