Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
kshah

Is Rimweb Turning To Be Buy And Sell Market Place?

Since buy and sell section is necessary in any given forums, especially like RIMWEB where options for CDMA handsets are very few. Hence buying handsets and tweaking to use on network of choice is absolute need.

Incidently, Sadik recognized requirements long before any other forum member - therefore we have options to choose few of best available handsets in market. It was very thought ful on admin side to give him special slot. As he proved himself to be reliable seller. At times with dissatisfied customers too. Which again I think is necesssary to keep seller in check.

I have been observing that now a days there are more posts about buying and selling as well as tarrif than technical discussions. Before couple of years, the way rimweb was going, I was sure that one day rimweb will be like howard forum where people discuss deep technical stuff. Which educates and inspire noobs to experiment and become expert. However that dream now seems to be distant with more and more crap posts about selling handsets, RUIM, SIMS.

I request members who thinks like me to pressurize admin group to form a policy about post quality. Also some ways to encourage technical discussions. I dont say technical means pure and dry technical, it could be tweaking of handset or new tips and tricks or new softwares on phone and reviews ..... so on.

• Like 9

yes i m, of the same view as you

according to me RIMWEB has just become a market place with more and more leechers

i dont see any seller posting any hacks , tutorials or any tricks

people come here expecting we provide them solution for the handsets , they take that solution and then start minting money , and when it comes to their turn to share any info they just turn their back or start asking for money

this isnt good for any forum

the admin should empahasize on openess of forum , and people should post technical stuff ,rather than non sense topics

as far as howard goes our forum will never be howard forum

when people dont share stuff then a forum can never be successful

same thing is happening even with mobile files forum , bcoz of all leeching and zero contribution hackers have started hiding their solutions

i beleive and will always beleive in qualitative posting rather han quantitative posting

it would be nice to see with fellow members start posting good technical stuff , be it anything , tips , tricks , roms , apps etc

also one more thought

Hetal started the concept of Techie enclave

it was meant to be purely for technical devs who can work underground without the fear of reliance or anyone

but now i see that almost half forum is a member of techie enclave , people who r not technical/noobs

also are over there

all forums have an underground section for devs , but their admission policies are very strict , its not for evryone

but over here its very flexible , i urge the admin group to stop taking noobs and non technical members to techie enclave

PS : i m not against any seller , infact i m happy to see that atlast there is some competition begining to occur in sales section

what worries me is that in these selling things we have stopped posting technical stuff , which is essence of any forum

• Like 7

Same thing i wanted to start too.

since last months here we can see most topics in Buy and sell section only.from last month here is the flood of these.

• Like 1

I support Kshah on this issue and would like to see this forum as different from others.

We all know that we need technical guys and should appreciate them for helping others with their knowledge. Shopping with Rimweb trusted sellers is good but also their is no hard and fast rule that one should purchase from them only. One thing is that you get their expertize if in trouble for programming your handset. So we all should appreciate them rather than criticizing them for other things.We should always remember that there is no free lunch.Also I would request moderators to scrutinize the new sellers before approving them for putting their stuff for sale.Competition is always good for growth. Also,we should respect our fellow Rimwebian's. We all are here to connect with each other.I myself have become kind of addict of Rimweb and very eager to see new happenings in Rimweb on daily basis. I hope we all should keep this in mind and work together to make our Rimweb a better place to be. Best thing about Rimweb is that its for everyone and not just only for the privileged ones.Who knows now itself CDMA providers may be monitoring updates from RIMweb on regular basis and they may use our feedbacks to bring new changes in future.

:signthankspin:

Edited by aeroamit

I agree technical discussion are very very important. Actually technical discussions are soul of any forum.

But buy-sell is also required. Buy sell sections would flourish more if technical discussions are their for support. So, members are confident that they can get some support after buying handsets. And many a times to share tips and tricks they discover.

yes i m, of the same view as you

according to me RIMWEB has just become a market place with more and more leechers

i dont see any seller posting any hacks , tutorials or any tricks

people come here expecting we provide them solution for the handsets , they take that solution and then start minting money , and when it comes to their turn to share any info they just turn their back or start asking for money

this isnt good for any forum

the admin should empahasize on openess of forum , and people should post technical stuff ,rather than non sense topics

as far as howard goes our forum will never be howard forum

when people dont share stuff then a forum can never be successful

same thing is happening even with mobile files forum , bcoz of all leeching and zero contribution hackers have started hiding their solutions

i beleive and will always beleive in qualitative posting rather han quantitative posting

it would be nice to see with fellow members start posting good technical stuff , be it anything , tips , tricks , roms , apps etc

also one more thought

Hetal started the concept of Techie enclave

it was meant to be purely for technical devs who can work underground without the fear of reliance or anyone

but now i see that almost half forum is a member of techie enclave , people who r not technical/noobs

also are over there

all forums have an underground section for devs , but their admission policies are very strict , its not for evryone

but over here its very flexible , i urge the admin group to stop taking noobs and non technical members to techie enclave

PS : i m not against any seller , infact i m happy to see that atlast there is some competition begining to occur in sales section

what worries me is that in these selling things we have stopped posting technical stuff , which is essence of any forum

@kshah & @doc muff

+1

i must confess at not being a techie but have learnt a great deal here... those were days when hetal and me used to test win mob roms over night and put them on for other 6700 users...

i second the need for a stricter gradation of posts and those posting.

Edited by Dj

well i agree with both of ya people...

@

Its true and I accept that i do come to site for buying something most of the time....

but nobody sees see why this is happening .....

i was always interested in h@cks and cr@cks

(At one point i use to cr@ck Y@h00 Ids ,they were know as R@re Ids then ,when u play pool in room your id turns up in caps numbers etc )

after that i got in mobile stuff as it fascinated me....but the lack of know how and also some more reasons i dont know it dint tick....

but I am not pointing it out but sometimes not every1 helps u...

sometimes i feel ignored but tis ok...... it happens everybody has a life of their own...

dunno what promoted me to tell all dis but i think we need safe gaurd our interests and also every 1 on dis forum is great but still they need to open..

i mean many of people here do under estimate people ,,,, why is that so... no idea

[[[NO Offence to any One Apologizes for the same]]]

I feel the same way, peoples are comming here only to sell, and not to contribute & share information.

Even my first post was for asking to buy a rim mobile.

But after reading the topics i came to know, this is a good place to share info,

I am not a programmer or h@cker or an Cr@ker,

But i love to share information.

I agree my quantity of post is more, but i try to help every one.

I feel shame when peoples come here and just want to sell.

Even some new seller dont give full info which is required to sell the product.

This is not a EBAY, this forum is mainly for sharing knowledge. (As i think)

Also i have suggested long back that person having more than 100 post should be allowed to sell the products.

Buyer may have any number of post.

+1 for topic opener kshah ..

I hope I am not committing any grave mistake here on the forum.

since last months here we can see most topics in Buy and sell section only.from last month here is the flood of these.

Thank you for your suggestion, but aren't we discussing here that topics like "free Internet via netconnet 4 lifetime in Prepaid?" should be discouraged? You still have it in your signature???

• Like 2

^^^

You are right Arun,

Any one can post anything to forums, but he him self should justify his presence in forums.

Same applies for HK Singh Ji, dont ask others ask your self...

Edited by hitesh123

@ Kshah thanks for starting this very needed discussion and Dr KMM for wonderful views,

last month in one of the thread there was a small discussion that there should a list of trusted sellers who have a reference of 5 backbone members to be able to sell, as i have seen many sellers or rather visitors with <10 posts post there offer and sell.

AS far as I know majority of us are not in this business and just sell something with marginal profit if any (excluding Sadikk he is exempted as without him we would be carrying LG sets).

Mods should decide who can be chosen to sell stuff, and there should be a minimum experiance or post along with backup of 5 or more members to sell. this way only serious seller will attempt and more members will put there minds in discussing technology rather than only buying.

Good Luck

That is exactly what I thought when he said about it...that his signature is selling stuff and his words are meaning different. Now, I do not know how I landed here... but when I did, I bought a PPC. PPC at that time just meant PPC 6700. :Riendo:

I may not have shared anything valuable in this forum, but I have always respected those that do. There are plenty here that are the real soul of this forum...and as per me, no seller, including sadikk has any role in it. The forum must have started for sharing info on the handsets and tech available here in India on RInfo...sellers just sensed opportunities.

The real, true, die-hard contributors that keep this forum alive are not one of the many sellers here, they are people like our doc Muff, Hetal, Ashoksoft. They are the spirit of Rimweb...and they always will be. Sellers have just given us more toys to play with. It is not the comfort that a man lives in that matters truly, it is his soul and the quality of it that matters. Techies, you keep the forum alive, and we are always indebted to you. Sellers have just taken your knowledge and made money. None of the phones would sell here if you techies did not pave way for them to be used here.... so the real geniuses are you, not a single seller here.

For a fact, the tech discussions here helped me to get myself up on TATA and Reliance. But that's the end of it. Most of my tweaks come through XDA and PPC Geeks. That's where serious tech discussions happen. When I want to buy a handset, I look here. This is the present state of RIMweb. Yet, there are those who I call the spirit of RIMweb, such as Muff, Hetal and Ashoksoft (there are more) who keep the spirit going....it is their threads and posts that are most worthy of reading.

Cheers to all techies here... keep going!

Edited by shubhanyu
  • Like 1

@Arun

rightly so you have kept this forum open and conducive for great inputs :Riendo: and i doubt it matters us having more "leechers" than guys collaborating for common good. this place brings around initiated minds and helps me combat RCOM in all its nature and stead. and in all of this i even end up with some good friends... bravo mate !!

I surely wish there are more and more members like HP, muffdal who search to share.

:previous: i look upto you in the same light man !!!

AS far as I know majority of us are not in this business and just sell something with marginal profit if any (excluding Sadikk he is exempted as without him we would be carrying LG sets)

Good Luck

That's a true stroke of Genius out there.... you are actually doubting yours and everybody else's ability to import handsets! It is not that if these people were not there, we'd not have handsets to play with. These people simply brought it down for us... there are people who can get handsets very easily for themselves, I remember GauravJC as he brought Mogul for me which I could not buy, unfortunately. I remember Hetal too... he gets a lot of handsets for himself.... Most, including me, just don't take that aerial route for fear of custom hassles and other things.

As for lowest possible margins, I just laugh at anybody who is so naive to think that this is being done at petty margins. Seriously.

• Like 1

+1 to Kshah and Muffadal Brother. :)

Definetely we will try to make Rimweb the best Technical Forum for discussing stuffs related to Mobiles and other Technical Issues.

Also we will discuss with the Admins in the Moderators Forum to make a Strict Policy for New Sellers for posting their stuff in the Buy / Sell Section. :)

Suggestions are always welcome from all our dear members.:)

• Like 1

look who's talking

dude u urself are one of leechers who come here only to sell ur stuff at overpriced rates

and when it comes to sharing with devs/trusted members , u say sorry its not free

@everyone

i think we are diverting this topic

this topic isnt about what shud be the criteria/requiremnets to sell handsets

its about "do u think rimweb is becoming more of buy and sell than sharing technical stuff"

@kshah

u too search to share , people like us are getting very rare day by day

can u add an option of poll as well

@shubahnyu

very rightly said bro

now most techies including myself dont post several hardcore information ofently , and keep it exclsuive amongst only devs ( not even sellers) , and this is what is happening on every other forum around the net

@arun

may be its time for u to take some action in this regards

but i always loved and continue to love rimweb

its given me great frends both technical and non technical without whom i wouldnt have been where i am today on rimweb

@honest

finally there u are

good to see u again , at time of need

hope u stick around more oftenly

• Like 1

now most techies including myself dont post several hardcore information ofently , and keep it exclsuive amongst only devs ( not even sellers) , and this is what is happening on every other forum around the net

i agree but its done like dis everywhere but one thing that info should also be shared with those who wanna learn or experiment or try those techno hacks

but not publicly :)

One thing I wonder... what's the catch in sharing publicly? Those who don't want to do it will still won't... koi bataao please... :help:

I think now no one have problem with me.

thanks to guide me.

• Like 1

We all are here to help each other in all aspects, not just money alone..

money [buy/sell] is just a part but never the heart of rimweb..

Sorry to join the discussion late, as I just switched on my lappy now, but this is a very important point raised by Kalpak, which was in the back of mind of all the regulars (me included) who love this forum. I too like Dj am no techie and have learnt all I have due to this forum and early posts that I remember by Hetal, Kshah, Dj etc. highly motivated me do something similar. And I tried too in my early days to write some informative posts. But recently I am seeing a dearth by us all to share information openly.

Why? I see some reasons -

1. Many hacks posted here are getting immediately blocked by the service providers. So it seems their spies are ruling roost here.

2. The leechers (aka people only interested to sell via this forum) are using this for ONLY financial gains without sharing something back to the forum. These sellers do find some interesting solutions but NEVER share it openly on the forum for fear of losing business. If they dont SHARE with us openly then what gives them the right to use this forum ONLY TO MILK PROFITS...

3. General disillusionment and lack of appreciation to the main contributors.

Some Solutions, I propose -

1. Immediately cancel all existing memberships of the Techie Enclave and overhaul it totally from scratch, closely scrutinising people wanting to be members with minimum technical requirement or post contribution as a primary criteria to become member of it. Also closely scrutinise to remove all Reliance Spies. ALSO ALL REGULAR SELLERS SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED TO BE MEMBERS OF TECHIE....

2. Add minimum posts or reputation as a criteria to post in the buy/sell forum. No noobs should be allowed to sell under any circumstances.

3. Leechers (some of whome I see even in this discussion) to be highly controlled and even banned as and when they post irrelevant posts. I see we have no convention of BANNING irrelevant leechers like other forums. That should be started immediately.

PS: Hope I am not he first one to get BANNED for raising certain delicate issues...:Riendo:

Edited by dkaile

I am Also Agree With Kalpak bhai, After adding Buy and Sell Forum in View New Content Section Bazaar Posts Increased.