Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
::Hitesh::

Videocon Gsm Service Launch Next Month

if anybody gets the details regarding launch, please post the same.... thanks....

Videocon to launch mobile services in Mumbai, Chennai next month

Videocon’s foray into mobile services has been delayed. Starting with Mumbai and Chennai, the company now plans to roll out its GSM mobile services from March

Consumer electronics giant Videocon Group will launch its mobile services in Mumbai and Chennai by March, according to a senior official. Earlier, there were reports that the company would launch its GSM mobile services in Mumbai by 20th February.

Although the company has not fixed any date for launching its services, it is planning to increase the number of its retail outlets across the country to facilitate its foray. “We are launching our GSM mobile services by next month in Mumbai and Chennai which will require us to add more outlets. We are planning to add approximately 500 or more outlets across the country over a year,” said SM Hegde, director, Videocon Group.

Mumbai is one of the busiest telecom circles in India, which delivers a large chunk of revenues to various mobile operators. Average revenue per user (ARPU) of many mobile operators in India is highest in the Mumbai circle.

Earlier this month, while speaking with PTI in Davos, Videocon Industries' president and vice chairman Pradeepkumar N Dhoot had said that the company plans to cover the entire country with its GSM mobile services within the next 18 months.

Datacom, a subsidiary of Videocon Group, was one of the eight new operators who were given licences in January 2008 to provide nationwide cellular services. Datacom has now been renamed as Videocon Telecommunication Ltd, which has earmarked an investment of Rs9,000 crore and is looking at becoming profitable in three-five years.

Currently, Videocon owns about 350 retail outlets and has 350 franchise outlets across India. It has three retail brands under its portfolio DIGIworld, NEXT Retail India Ltd and Planet M.

However, the company says that the number of new retail outlets could go up, depending on demand. “We might increase the number of outlets from 500 to 1,000 according to the demand in the market,” said Mr Hegde.

Videocon is planning to invest about Rs20 crore-Rs25 crore annually into its retail business, he added.

Videocon’s NEXT Retail is a multi-brand and multi-product showroom, Planet M is a music retail & electronic appliance showroom and DIGIworld is the company’s own brand retail business. DIGIworld has a major presence in North India.

I'd say delaying the launch is a much lesser evil than bringing a half-baked service into the market. Thats what RCom has done with RGSM... even after a year, network is not upto the mark.   :Decepcionado:

:previous:

True but there is no guarantee that a delay will ensure that things are launched properly. Hutch when it launched in Chennai was having severe problems for more than 2 years and now it is having very strong network. Similarly, RGSM also will improve by this year end and then people will say RGSM is better is even RCDMA. Just give them some time to settle down....

New entrant Datacom is finally set to launch its GSM-based mobile services after a prolonged delay. Furthermore, the company is also set to change its name from Datacom to Videocon Telecommunications Ltd. (VTL) reports the Hindustan Times.

The name change signifies the change in management control rights. In fact the firm was involved in a bitter dispute over the management control rights issue with the HFCL promoters Nahatas and Dhoots of the Videocon Group staking claim over the management control rights of the firm.

The Nahatas own 36% stake in the JV. He is set to receive Rs 1,400 crore to offload his entire stake in Datacom.

The differences over management control scaled to such an extent that things almost came to a standstill for more than a year.

This also led to exit of the company’s CEO, Ravi Sharma and others at helm. Finally R.N.Dhoot took over charge of the company affairs and is now assisted by his other brother P.N.Dhoot.

Things at Datacom had started to look positive when the company awarded IT outsourcing contract to IBM and also inked a tower sharing agreement with Aircel and Datacom. The company’s advertising contract was also up for grabs and Singapore-based T.A.G was a front runner to bag the contract. For wireless equipment the company had signed a MoU with Huawei.

The company is scheduled to launch its mobile services next month starting with Mumbai circle to be followed by Tamil Nadu and Punjab.

Dear Friends

Today Videocon is doing a Soft Launch at Mumbai, they have flown all distributors / channel Partners / vendors to Mumbai for a days event organised in a big way...they have handed over simcards to employees and the channel partners already...in TN the series starts with 90800XXXXX. Employees are given numbers starting with 908090XXXX, channel partners would be given 908091XXXXX. Not sure about other circles, will keep you guys informed on any new updates with Videocon...

Rgds

Ramesh Madhavan

• Like 1

at lest they are starting service !

True but there is no guarantee that a delay will ensure that things are launched properly. Hutch when it launched in Chennai was having severe problems for more than 2 years and now it is having very strong network. Similarly, RGSM also will improve by this year end and then people will say RGSM is better is even RCDMA. Just give them some time to settle down....

i am still having doubt,

Anill will not pour moeny into gsm, if rcom didn't performed well,

Still waiting for true figure of rgsm

bzoc, during

Initial launch many people have purchsed more than 2sim card, whch are thrown after 3months

Videocon to start telecom service before March 2010

http://www.moneycontrol.com/news/business/videocon-to-start-telecom-service-before-march-2010_442991-0.html

Here is a verbatim transcript of the exclusive interview with Venugopal Dhoot on CNBC-TV18.

Q: I believe that you have plans in telecom as well with a GSM rollout in Mumbai in the next month, can you take us through what is planned and whether indeed such a rollout is likely so soon?

A: First, I told you about the energy story of Videocon and now I take you to the consumer story of Videocon. Firstly, you can take consumer durable with multi brand facility then retail, DTH and telecom. Telecom, we have got the license for 22 circles all over India and we are at the situation wherein we will start our rolling out and we will start giving services very soon. All the preparations have been done and all our network is ready. We are having all staff equipped with us and on our own with our Videocon brand we will very soon start a telecom service.

Q: As early as next month?

A: Yes, I think before March it should be started in Mumbai, Punjab, Haryana or UP etc and slowly we will take it to the 22 circles all over India. We think that because Videocon brand is very popular and our marketing strength is one of the best in India that is why we think that we will be able to take customers. Our plan is to get around 5 crore customers in around one and a half years time. So all this is set to happen. All management has been put on it and you will hear very soon the grand launching of Videocon.

Edited by kk999

^^^

one more date ?

will they really start their service ?

wait & watch...... ;)

Tareekh Pe Tareekh.....Tareekh Pe Tareekh.....Tareekh Pe Tareekh.....!

Bahut Na-insaafi hai bhai log. :P

I don't think Videocon will come with nice offers :NOTriste: , may be except some bundled FREE minutes with its cr@ppy videocon phones...

talk to videocon mobile CC mumbai- 9076012345.

he said testing phase. luanching soon

Available in Planet M.

There are service vchat(something like this) where u can chat with other Vmobile customer,

Easy saerch for restaurent and ATM,bank loaction etc

• Like 1

:clap:Videocon Mobile Services is Expected to Debut In Mumbai On March 07 2010 :clap:

Consumer Durable King Videocon is all set to Roll-Out its GSM Services commercially in Mumbai from March, 07,2010

with the most competitive tariff,

the sim card is Expected to be FREE with a Talk-Time of Rs5. :Confuso: :Riendo: :Riendo:

The SIM-Kits will be available in all the “Planet-M” & “Next” Retail outlets,

as it is a part of Videocon Group. As of now Videocon does not have its own Official Mobile Gallery store in Mumbai and may announce it a bit later after the launch.

Most of the Value Added Services including Caller tunes, Call Waiting, Call Forwarding, Call-Conferencing will be straight away launched from the day 1 of the commercial launch.

The Talk-Time recharge denominations will range from Rs10 to Rs10,000. According to the sources, the campaigns of the Videocon Mobile services will highlight the strength of the network.

For more on the Launch details of Videocon Mobile Services,

don’t forget to catch “VIDEOCON MOBILE SERVICES DHAMAKE KA SIGNAL” on March,07,2010 at 7PM on COLORS TV.

The Customer care number of Videocon Mobile Services in Mumbai is 9076012345 and the website is www.videocon.com which will be updated as soon as Commercial launch is done.

http://telecomtalk.info/videocon-mobile-services-is-expected-to-debut-in-mumbai-on-march/21027/#more-21027

after launch update topic name please.......

aagaya aagaya fokat simkad dene wala aagaya :rofl_200: :rofl_200:

i think sim card sold in black???????

Now if only they could offer free 10000 minutes of talktime to any network along with free SIM card, their sales will rock. :Riendo:

and for those in this thread, who are waiting for RGSM network to improve, your wait is going to be endless. RCOM is a poorly managed company now. Besides the CDMA service launched in 2003, they have not done anything right in last 5-6 years. Be it their broadband service (both wireline or wimax) or GSM service, everything has been a total disappointment.

Got to wait and watch if the company at least meets this target date. The company has missed enough target dates in the past!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Today they will just tell that v mobile launched,

All tariff,

And will provide new date from that date SIM card will be available,

and new dat is expected to be in 2nd week of april

Seen an ad in todays newspapers about the Colors TV launch program and the slogan 100 cities launch in 100 days.....

seems they are pretty serious this time....

Anyway lets wait and watch.....

^^^

100 cities in 100 day  :Confuso:

so they will take at lest 10 years to cover pan india

Now if only they could offer free 10000 minutes of talktime to any network along with free SIM card, their sales will rock. :Riendo:

and for those in this thread, who are waiting for RGSM network to improve, your wait is going to be endless. RCOM is a poorly managed company now. Besides the CDMA service launched in 2003, they have not done anything right in last 5-6 years. Be it their broadband service (both wireline or wimax) or GSM service, everything has been a total disappointment.

Rcom will just focus on introducing new scheme and not for new infrastucture, bcoz, it cost money

Scheme doesn't

100 cities in 100 day :Confuso:

Wow... Super speed comparing a snail...

It was slated to be launched in Mumbai by 7th March,,,can't see any new signal here in Dadar!

Uninor had its signals on for a few days,, now they've disappeared! :o

Interaction between Me and the " V Mobile " Executive

CC : 9076012345

Me: Hey Hi,, I wanted to know if Videocon has rolled out its services in Mumbai.

CC: Yes Sir, we have.

Me: Oh cool,,I use Dolphin ..okay..but then I tried finding the network through a manual search in Dadar (Mumbai) and I can't get the network signals.

CC: Sir, how many bars can you see on your phone.

Me: Umm...All 5, but I guess I did tell you I'm using Dolphin! Maybe I'd want to buy V Mobile but there's no network coverage here.

CC: So you want to apply for a new connection?

Me: Well, I'd consider buying a new connection but there's no network here. I tried searching for it manually but there's no network.

CC: So should I send an executive or give you a mail id for the connection?

Me: Hey listen,,you don't seem to be getting what I'm saying. I said I'm not a V Mobile subscriber and tried searching manually for the network but don't seem to find it in the list. Now it'd be useless for me to get a connection if there are no signals.

CC: I am confused. You want to apply for the connection?

Me: Aargh,,listen fella,,you are beyond me and completely useless in resolving my query. Thanks anyway and goodbye.

( I am super grumpy right now)

Any information about their tariffs?????????????

@harshad, comedy conversation it is... well put :thumb:..