Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
vvinayakpai

Airtel Kolkata To Charge Customers To Acess Customer Care

Airtel, country’s largest GSM mobile service operator has issued a notice to all subscribers in Kolkata and West Bengal telecom circle that calling to customer care and talk to customer care excutives is not free at all from now.

While calling to 198 and register your complain will be treated as toll free. Even you can dial *121# and get onscreen menu for Offer of the Day, Balance & Validity and VAS activation free of cost. But calling 121 and talking to Airtel customer care excutive will be charges at 50 paisa/3minutes.

All private GSM operators(COAI & AUSPI) got the consent from TRAI to charge such calling a month before. Idea in Maharastra and Mumbai has already started this.

From the customers’ point of view it is not a rational system as when call center is busy or hold the customer’s call for a time the subscriber has to pay due to call center’s fault. At the same time operators are giving the reason as majority of calls that mobile users make to customer care are for inquiry purposes, and not related to grievances or complains. Since running these call centres and offering customer care involves a huge cost, they want consumers to pay for this service.

Source: http://telecomtalk.info/airtel-kolkata-to-charge-for-customer-care-121/20363/

How TRAI can allow such things? if they are charging for contacting CC, then why not charge service providers for wrong info, unnecessary wait, non starting of service and so

it seems that they have limited avenues for making money. so why not use whatever available.

They have made complaint registration calls free, but what if you need clarification of plans, trariffs, services, etc? Its grossly unfair to charge for that, since most telcos still do not disclose latest and complete info on their websites.

airtel & vodafone maha also started charging

it seems that they have limited avenues for making money. so why not use whatever available.

Operators pay the outsourcing company for the incoming calls that a customer makes to customer care and it has been like that from the beginning.

We all know Airtel is the MOST greedy network operator now, but this is TOO MUCH imho... Atleast the charge should be Rs0.50 per call to CC...

Another good reason for Airtel customers to wait desperately for MNP... But this BOLD step of Airtel and delay in MNP confirms who is behind the delay in MNP :( Hope the COPY-CAT :Contento: Vodafone will also FOLLOW... And I hope RCom WON'T follow this BLO0DY step, because RCom has more offers, more complaints and SO more calls to CC guys & am sure if RCom too charges for speaking to CC for clarifications and complaints, then customers will get more frustrated than try to call them..

Even you can dial *121# and get onscreen menu for Offer of the Day, Balance & Validity and VAS activation free of cost
Even the info shown by this menu is NOT-UP-TO-DATE :Equivocado: Further the INFO about FULL-TALK-TIME-OFFER IS NOT AT ALL SHOWN HERE..

Airtel is having good names for polite CallCentre executives and they have ability to solve customers’ problems than anybody else… BUT THIS SCHEME WILL ENTIRELY SWIPE AWAY THAT GOOD NAME… :Equivocado:

Now CC guys can make its callers to wait for so many minutes, so that the customer himself will disconnect his call and THEY NEED NOT SOLVE ANY ISSUE AT ALL… BUT THE NET-RESULT IS FRUSTRATED CUSTOMERS, which is NOT AT ALL GOOD FOR AIRTEL.. :angry:

So AIRTEL IS SHOWING ITS TRUE FACE now.. I feel VERY SORRY for Airtel customers... :NOTriste:

Edited by kanagadeepan

Airtel and Vodafone were to start this exactly at the same time..but Vodafone postponed it by few months.

Also "ALL" the operators are going to charge for using Customer Care Services.

I dont mind of operators start charging for calls made to their "esteemed cc".

But they must make one more provision before introducing such schemes.

Emails must be attended to more carefully. And also, for every email sent by the customer, a docket number must be assigned within 24 hours. And if this docket number is not given customer must be given the opportunity to call the cc for free and if charged, be entitled to full refund.

I dont think there is no other way out than play in line with these biggies. I am sure all other incumbents including RCOM would follow suit very soon. The newer operators would give it a wait and watch, and once their network is running in good condiion maybe after 6- 8 months they would also definitely jump onto the bandwagon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sometime ago i had mentioned this same thing in the UNINOR SOON TO START SERVICES THREAD (LINK: ) regarding telenor charging customers to speak to the cc. At that time it was a distant possibility considering the intense competition etc, but now suddenly the tables seemed to have turned!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by vvinayakpai

Actually i don't mind if operators such as Airtel or Vodafone charge. Coz they have good networks and we rarely face any problem with them. And even if we face, they again have pretty decent(atleast Vodafone) customer care who resolves the issues quickly.

But this can be a headache/expensive if we are with operators such as BSNL with has hopeless network with almost non existent Customer care. So you end up paying money and you get no help in return!

Airtel is having good names for polite CallCentre executives and they have ability to solve customers’ problems than anybody else… BUT THIS SCHEME WILL ENTIRELY SWIPE AWAY THAT GOOD NAME… :Equivocado:

So AIRTEL IS SHOWING ITS TRUE FACE now.. I feel VERY SORRY for Airtel customers... :NOTriste:

Gosh, Airtel and "polite call centre executives and they have ability to solve customers' probelms than anybody else"???    :Ohhhh:  Nothing further from the truth dude... at least thats been my experience in my circle. Maybe in your cicrcle you connect to some different call center. 

Airtel showing its ugly face now? It has always been... and its the ugliest of the pack.    :devil:

Only good thing is at least you can get thru to CC on phone... unlike RGSM where it is permanently busy thorough the day. 

Edited by raccoon

biggest looser is is RCOM,.

There cust care -will never solve ur problem.

i have long experince for samsung corby evdo activation

In Airtel it takes long hold times of upto 15 minutes to report even a small problem. Looks like hold times will get even longer.

"Welcome to Airtel! Please hold the line for 15 minutes to enable us to make MORE money before we listen to your problem. Your call is now really valuable to us. Thank you." :Sorprendido:

Charging Customers to Acess Customer Care is really RUBBISH. :mad44:

This type of charging will not make the company impression good.wait for MNP.I THINk abt RCOM.WHAT WLL HAPPEN.THEY HAVE NO MODE TO KNOW THE OFFER ,ONLY CC.

I THINk abt RCOM.WHAT WLL HAPPEN.THEY HAVE NO MODE TO KNOW THE OFFER ,ONLY CC.

atleast for Rcom rimweb is there..

This is the most absurd thing I have ever heard. If it goes on like this then in future they will charge customers for entering their showrooms. Really funny. . Asking customers to pay for speaking with you is most worst thing a company can do, whatever business may be.

I don't mind being charged for calls to CC since tariffs are the lowest in the world.

Its fair that those who call more often should pay more - I hardly need to call once in 1-2 months.

But these charges should never exceed local call rates based on the individual's tariff.

For those who don't use up their quota of included / bucket of min, there should be no additional costs.

For high ARPU customers, there should be a credit of free calling to CC / CSR.

There could be a ratio of free CC talktime like:

1-2 sec / Rupee billed

so if you have an ARPU of Rs. 600/mth, you get 10 free min accumulated that get carried over.

This would come to 2 free hours / year which is a resonable amount for routine issues.

This would not expire as long as the customer is 'active' for prepaid [postpaid is active as long as bills are paid in full].

Also serves as a 'loyalty' incentive to stay on after MNP starts and churn rises.

SMS to contact centre should also be enabled as an alternate to emails or calls.

These should also be charged at 'local' rates.

My question is how will this billing work for 'off network' calls.

i.e., those originating from landlines?

then people will simply switch to an off network phone to call CC.

One simple way to address this would be to just charge lower rates from on-network calls:

if local calls are 25-30p/min

then CC calls could be 15-20p/min [like airtel's 50p/3 min]

Why would one do that?? The tariff for on-net CC call is 50 p / 3 min, which is still lower than it would be if you call from a landline... or even from any other mobile, for that matter.

Edited by raccoon

:previous:

If somebody has got good free usage in landline plans and that is unutilised,they can call CC from LLs. BTW, its 50p for 3 minutes and not per minute. BSNL LLs charge Re 1 per minute for calls to mobiles. So folks be careful before using your LLs....

Maybe LLs telcos will charge more for calls to CC of various cellcos because maybe Airtel, Voda, Idea etc may charge them more interconnect charges. Like what RCOm is doing charging Rs 2 per minute for all local calls to numbers staring with '1' like rly enquiry 139, airport enquiry 1402 etc... the 1860 is being charged at 50 ps per minute whereas the 1800 is fully toll free.

BTW, its 50p for 3 minutes and not per minute. BSNL LLs charge Re 1 per minute for calls to mobiles. So folks be careful before using your LLs....

Sorry, guess I omitted the "3" while typing. It is 50 paise / 3 min. Corrected it now.

Edited by raccoon

The best way is to use the TATA's Rs1/10 minute PayPerCall plan for contacting CUSTOMER CALL NUMBERS OF AIRTEL than from an Airtel mobile... :rofl_200: :rofl_200:

Plus I have few Ideas to help Airtel in milking its customers...

1) Rental for activating DNC (DoNotCall) tele-marketing calls, say Rs250/month

2) Charging for Incoming calls in Home circles @ 10p/min for calls from Airtel numbers and 20p/min for receiving calls from offnet numbers...

3) Charging for giving missed calls @ 75% of the original call charge.. (Even if the receiver didn't attend or disconnect that call)

4) Penalty for NOT attending a call @ 10p/call..

5) Penalty for disconnecting a call @ 10p/call..

6) NO MORE PER MONTH CLIP charges... You pay CLIP charges for each incoming call @ 20p/call (and Airtel executives will call you 10 times a day)

7) Call wait charges @ Rs50/month

8) Penalty Rs10 for NOT sending SMS on BLACK OUT DAYS..

9) Penalty Rs10 for NOT sending ISD SMS...

10) Pay just 10p for checking balance...

11) Penalty Rs50/month for NOT using ROAMING facility in a month..

12) Penalty Rs20/month for NOT sending MMS..

13) Penalty Rs100/month for NOT using Airtel's new App Store..

14) Penalty Rs50/month for paying Bills by cash..

15) Penalty Rs50/month for NOT using CUG facility..

Sorry Airtel customers.. Can't control my Sarcasm...

Edited by kanagadeepan
  • Like 1

The best way is to use the TATA's Rs1/10 minute PayPerCall plan for contacting CUSTOMER CALL NUMBERS OF AIRTEL than from an Airtel mobile... :rofl_200: :rofl_200:

2) Charging for Incoming calls in Home circles @ 10p/min for calls from Airtel numbers and 20p/min for receiving calls from offnet numbers...

3) Charging for giving missed calls @ 75% of the original call charge.. (Even if the receiver didn't attend or disconnect that call)

6) NO MORE PER MONTH CLIP charges... You pay CLIP charges for each incoming call @ 20p/call (and Airtel executives will call you 10 times a day)

@+1.sir, it is a wonderful idea.this is not impossible for airtel.to take money from customer airtel is no 1.

For those who don't use up their quota of included / bucket of min, there should be no additional costs.

SMS to contact centre should also be enabled as an alternate to emails or calls.

These should also be charged at 'local' rates.

I agree with u, there shud be some free quota for calling to CC.

airtel is giving sms facility for contacting CC, it's free, but don't know whether it gives updated result or not?

For calling to cc from landline will be attracted termination chrges, or if u give ur number to cc, then he will chrge 0.5/3min in ur account...

If somebody has got good free usage in landline plans and that is unutilised,they can call CC from LLs. BTW, Like what RCOm is doing charging Rs 2 per minute for all local calls to numbers staring with '1' like rly enquiry 139, airport enquiry 1402 etc... the 1860 is being charged at 50 ps per minute whereas the 1800 is fully toll free.

free unlimted is only possible from office landline,

:NOTriste: rcom charging Rs2/min, too high tata charging Rs1/min

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

don't forget to add

incoming sms 10/sms, (if u receiv sms from rcom then 20p/sms-bcoz rcom provide 1p/sms :Riendo: )