Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
savramesh

Raja May Lose Job Over Bsnl 'mishandling'

Source

Bangalore: Trouble over the affairs at Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd (BSNL) could cost telecom minister A Raja his job, according to sources in the know.

One of them said a report compiled by Department of Telecommunications (DoT) bureaucrats on what ails the state-owned telecom major has been sent to the Prime Minister’s Office.

The report puts the blame of irregularities and dismal performance of BSNL squarely on the the Union telecom minister and the company.

“The central leadership in the government is seriously considering stripping the telecommunication portfolio from Raja after the Budget,” said the source, who did not want to be named.

Those in the know said the report blames the lack of accountability and ownership by the management for its undertaking’s dismal performance.

The report states that the Comptroller and Auditor General’s observation on the telecom major’s systemic deficiencies in planning, procurement of equipment and stores points to the management’s failure to steer the organisation out of the current crisis to grow in the competitive environment.

“It (the report) blamed BSNL’s flawed tendering process, which is mired in legal issues, for the delay in its expansion plans,” said the source.

He said the report has criticised the government-owned phone company for not issuing any new major contracts for mobile networks and equipments even when its existing network has reached full capacity.

Sources said the report highlights the fact that the public sector telecom firm had not captured the first mover advantage in 3G (third generation) and Wimax given to it. BSNL has been allotted 3G and Wimax spectrum ahead of the private sector players.

The report said if the company was allowed to operate in the current manner then government’s initiatives on e-governance, healthcare, primary education and public welfare in rural India, where BSNL is the only service provider, would suffer a setback.

Sources revealed the report lambasts BSNL management for focusing attention on doctoring tender processes to favour select vendors instead of improving the performance of the company.

BSNL’s position in the market, in term of number of subscribers, has lately slipped as it has added fewer new users than its rivals.

The report has also accused the state-owned telecom firm’s management of compromising the national security by favouring Chinese vendors like Huawei over telecom giants like Nokia, revealed a DoT source.

The report says the company has ignored warnings and signals from government agencies and is still favoring Huawei for Wimax equipment in border states like Rajasthan and Punjab.

• Like 1

Another Dayanidhi Maran in the making... :)

I will be extremely happy is he looses his job

• Like 1

heym dayanidhi maran was better thatn raja.atleast he had a vision which he enacted to some extent

I will be extremely happy is he looses his job

+1. We do not require incompetent ministers.

He is NOT just an incomplete minister, but also an incomplete human... He uses his dept for milking money, can u all remember the 6Lakh crore sc@m by him (thru sw@n telecom, which is now changed to Etisal@t DB now).. If he continues, then will make changes in telecom to facilitate Eti-DB, thatz y I already told when Eti-DB launches, we can expect reduction in IUC..

But don't expect too GOOD things happening with this government, which is using the support of the Bad-old-CM of TN.. Once the scam came out to light, that blo0dy old man told, "ALL ARE BLAMING R@JA, BCOZ HE IS AN SC".. See, how he mixes raci$m in p0litics, easily... He believes Raja more than Maran, because Maran takes m0re c0mmision than R@ja.. Further only a f0ol like R@ja can make huge sc@ms without sh@me..

But I will surely celebrate if he was expelled out from cabinet... :clap:

Edited by kanagadeepan
  • Like 1

@pasumark

@ipkonfig

Where are the +1 's.

Maybe ppl are still confused on this +1 concept OR maybe i have not understood it..

Edited by ACS

Offtopic:

@ACS The +1 notion is commonly used in discussion forums to denote that "A" agrees with what "B" has posted. :)

Why is removing him considered enough??In a better world, his actions should be investigated, and he should be made accountable for it.

He delayed 3g and mnp again and again .... must be called late telecom minister.

I wonder why sachin pilot(a good person) didn't report any thing.

raja is milking bsnl as his own cash cow. this was bound to happen.. the biggest blunder was to opt for 50% of 2G lines when he became minister.

if he goes it will be good for country.

Offtopic:

@ACS The +1 notion is commonly used in discussion forums to denote that "A" agrees with what "B" has posted. :)

Ok.. but all the more better if you consolidate your appreciation by actually pressing the + button at the bottom of every post...

(although i do have doubts whether it makes sense again as it reflects in the Profile - reputation section)