Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Puneet

New Rates For R-connect

Hi!

While visitng the WW today to make bill payments, one of the staff told me that some new rates for R-Connect are on the anvil. Though no formal announcements have been made, and no publicity material has come but its been there on email.

Couldn't confirm it as the Store manager was out of office. Does anyone has any information?

I will try to go again tomorrow and confirm the new rates.

Hi!

While visitng the WW today to make bill payments, one of the staff told me that some new rates for R-Connect are on the anvil. Though no formal announcements have been made, and no publicity material has come but its been there on email.

Couldn't confirm it as the Store manager was out of office. Does anyone has any information?

I will try to go again tomorrow and confirm the new rates.

20178[/snapback]

The new rates are as follows:

Zero Rental Plan : 50 p per minute Peak Charges, 25P per minute non Peak

650 : Rs.650/- per month for 1 GB of Data trannsfer, Rs.5 per MB over 1 GB

1500: Unlimited usage per month.

Hope this helps you!

wow, those are good rates indeed ! I guess its applicable only for post paid connections of Reliance IndiaMobile ?

30 Rs per hour on Peak and 15Rs off peak. Interesting. Hope they reduce FWP browsing charges too...!!!

FWP charges r already cheaper.

26 rs. per hour on peak

and 12 rs. per hour on off peak.

FWP charges r already cheaper.

26 rs. per hour on peak

and 12 rs. per hour on off peak.

20505[/snapback]

they r costly when compared to bsnl

Great news !!!

Here is the complete details of their proposed R-Connect plans...

Download Here !

(Note: Right Click and click: Save Target As to download)

Soruce is from a Reliance representative

650/month for 1GB download is good for homeusers!

But damn, it says that "Will be available to all new customers." does that mean ppl who've never opted for a data plan will not get these new plans on their existing phones?

Is there any way to let the user monitor his daily usage?

What they are charging is another matter ...but they MUST make it possible for users to check their data usage! Beware guys ...else you will not know what hit you when you get the bill at the end of the month!!

In this file they have provided tariffs of other service providers but have missed the market leader BSNL. Earlier charges of Rconnect were comparable to that of BSNL both used to get total of Rs 1.20 for 3 min in peak hrs.

But now for 7.5 min BSNL charges Rs 1.2 while Reliance is going to charge Rs 4 in peak hours.

In off peak hours for 15 min BSNL charges Rs 1.2 while RIM we are required to pay Rs 3.75.

Therefore RIM will be costly.

But 1 min pulse for RIM may be advantageous for some.

but what about the charges for DAPO users how will it be cut How will 25p be cut from 40p

in the plan it is written it will be effective from 22 Nov then why is it not out and no add of it and no mention of it on the reliance site

anyways :ph34r: :'( BYE BYE Free Ne :'( t :'( :wacko:

Edited by Shabz

those who want unlimited usage platinum plan of 1500 is good and for the use of an hour or so standard plan is ok.but for me bsnl's b-phone plan of rs.399/- is best .it has unlimited usage and rs.5/- per hour during paek hours and off peak hour its free for isp charges.

RIM ppl told me to keep watch on usage by way of upload and download count to measure usage in 650 plan, its very difficult to keep watch like that.

650/month for 1GB download is good for homeusers!

But damn, it says that "Will be available to all new customers." does that mean ppl who've never opted for a data plan will not get these new plans on their existing phones?

Is there any way to let the user monitor his daily usage?

20521[/snapback]

That means "All new customers" opting for data services and that includes all old customers who have never used data services. Only the standard plan and the Gold plan will not be available to any one joining the data services now.

Further, all handsets are now pre-provisioned for data services (no more need of *412/*4120 - and the prepaid bug is fixed :ph34r: ), and everyone is in default plan. If you want to opt for freedom or platinum plan, give a call to CC or pay a visit to WW. The real adavantage is for Joy 149 customers who opt for freedom/platinum - they get to opt for Zero rental Joy 149 - meaning a rebate of Rs 149 every month on monthly rental.

People with Joy 149 will be beneficial only if they at least use Rconnect worth Rs 500/- per month.

do u mean to say that joy149 ppl will have to pay 650-149+149 or is 650 is inclusive of 149 in case of joy149 plan?

then how much for dapo or joy399?

20563[/snapback]

From what I can get from the document, 650 is inclusive of Rs 149. Basically you need not pay monthly rental for Voice Plan.

For all plans other than Joy 149 you have to pay the plan's rental. No discounts nothing :(

so it is better to be on joy 149 than having prepaid as u can receive calls as well as use net too ? isnt it?

20567[/snapback]

Depends on your net usage, if you want to go for freedom/platimun plan you will have to go for a postpaid plan, as they are not available for pre-paid customers. And if your voice calls are going to be limited then Joy 149 is the best coupled with India Calling Card. Further you get discount on rent.

Ultimately, the choice of plan is governed by many factors as in: average on-net and off-net talk times, monthly budget, etc.

so it is better to be on joy 149 than having prepaid as u can receive calls as well as use net too ? isnt it?

20567[/snapback]

Depends on your net usage, if you want to go for freedom/platimun plan you will have to go for a postpaid plan, as they are not available for pre-paid customers. And if your voice calls are going to be limited then Joy 149 is the best coupled with India Calling Card. Further you get discount on rent.

Ultimately, the choice of plan is governed by many factors as in: average on-net and off-net talk times, monthly budget, etc.

20569[/snapback]

India Calling Card? Could you please tell more about it?

Also, I am under DAPO, if i opt for 650 plan, will my monthly commitment included in that?

Can anyone please post the complete details in one thread?

India Calling Card? Could you please tell more about it?

Also, I am under DAPO, if i opt for 650 plan, will my monthly commitment included in that?

Can anyone please post the complete details in one thread?

20572[/snapback]

http://www.relianceinfo.com/webapp/Infocom...lease.jsp?id=94

Its known as Reliance India Card, comes in 2 denominations Rs 110 and Rs 220. You can find more details either on the above link or somewhere in these forums.

If you are in DAPO and opt for Freedom Data Plan your monthly commitment will be your existing commitment + Rs 650.

For all plans other than Joy149, minimum commitment is Monthly Rental + Plan Charges + CLIP (optional) +(Any other charges for optional services) + Data Charges ( Freedom=650/ Platinum = 1500) + 10.2% service tax.

For Joy 149, minimum commitment would be: Plan Charges +(Any other charges for optional services) + Data Charges ( Freedom=650/ Platinum = 1500) + 10.2% service tax.

I hope this clears your confusion. Pliss to go through the document that Arun posted, and everything should be clear to you.

Edited by Puneet

it means 650 + 149 +other charges ? right?

20579[/snapback]

Nope it means 650 + other charges, pliss to see that I have not included Monthly rental in the Joy 149 line. Plan charges are Rs 25/- for giving you the facility of prefential call rates on Reliance Network