Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Arun

Reliance Jio - Pan India 4G / LTE network

Reliance Gio alloted LRN (Local Routing Number) in 22 circles by DOT. This means it is now part of MNP infrastructure & you should be able to port out to Reliance Gio from your existing telecom operator keeping your current number intact when the service is launched.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

wjzbq8.jpg33ab2nb.jpg

• Like 3

Reliance Gio alloted LRN (Local Routing Number) in 22 circles by DOT. This means it is now part of MNP infrastructure & you should be able to port out to Reliance Gio from your existing telecom operator keeping your current number intact when the service is launched.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But what do you call that in english

english-girl_world-cup-2010_02.jpg

^ ^ ^

Why not in hindi? Is it more clear now? :P

Veeru: Mausi se kaun shaadi karega saalo, mujhe to woh dhanno.. o .. Basanti se shaadi karani basanti se.

Basanti: Veeru, mai tum se shaadi karane ke liye taiyaar hoon, ab nichhe aa jaao.

Veeru: He He he he, arre gaanw-waalo sunaa tumne bhaaeyo, mausi bhi taiyaar hai basanti bhi taiyaar hai.is liye marna cancel. Mai nichhe utarataa hoon mausi, mausiji, mai nichhe utrungaa.

• Like 2

28th Dec went silently without much being said about JIO...

Only the paper advertisements had some sentences about JIO

One of the recent event JIO showcases its wireless offering at Mumbai(IIT Tech feast)

May be to take the customer feedback on the offerings

When is the launch??

When is RCOM officially getting merged into JIO?, as many have said that already a deal is stuck between both brothers

NEW DELHI: Reliance Jio Infocomm, which has pan-India spectrum for 4G wireless broadband services, plans to provide connectivity speed to subscribers that will be 10-12 times faster as compared to 3G networks.

"We are practically achieving a speed of 49 megabit per second downlink (download), and uplink is between 8-9 mbps. Theoretically, the present set up that we have, can achieve speed of 112 mbps downlink," an RJIL official told PTI.

At a speed of 49 mbps an user can download a full movie, which is generally of 600 megabyte size, in about 2 minutes.

The average top speed of 3G network is pegged at 4 mbps. RJIL is the only company in India to have nationwide 4G spectrum. It holds large chunk 20 meghertz in one frequency band known as wireless broadband access (BWA) specturm. It has been allocated 2.2 crore numbers to start its services.

The company is running trial of products including phone and TV services that it plans to provide through 4G network.

RJIL will provide outdoor customer premise equipment (CPE) that will connect to its mobile tower.

"There will be wire which will run into house of customers from this CPE that can be connected to various devices and create a local wi-fi network for people to access broadband. There will be a set-top-box that we will provide which will facilitate both broadband and television services," the official said.

The STB has been developed on Google's Android platform. Besides CPE, RJIL has plans to connect to those homes which won't get strong signals with optical fibre network.

Gearing up to foray into TV services market, Reliance Jio Infocomm (RJIL) has loaded 150 channels that it will provide across all devices ranging from mobile phone to TV sets using its high speed 4G network.

"We have almost all leading TV channels across all genres from leading houses- Sony, Zee, TV18, Star and others. This is trial phase and we will add more channels as we get ready for commercial launch," said another official.

He said its TV service will have a 'Catch UP' feature that will allow users to see programmes of the past 7 days. "We have our data centre ready which will automatically store these content."

India's cable TV market had more than 9.6 crore subscribers till the end of December 2012, followed by DTH services with over 5.45 crore.

The 4G network based 'Jio Television' can serve as third alternative for Indian consumers, the official said, without specifying the time for its commercial launch.

http://m.economictimes.com/news/news-by-industry/telecom/reliance-jio-plans-10-12-times-faster-4g-wireless-broadband/articleshow/28438807.cms#RelianceJio plans 10-12 times faster 4G broadband ow.ly/shoDS

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk

Edited by phonegeek
  • Like 2

This is the news which I got...

Initial plan of JIO was to lay fiber where ever RCOM does not have and Buy out RCOM close to current market price

But Now Anil is asking close to 1Lac Crore for his stake in RCOM alone...which is very high...

Dont build much hope on JIO for the time being

Surprising... but we are expecting a lot

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Adding an image i found from one of the online sites for the JIO TV

http://telecomtalk.info/reliance-jio-to-offer-4g-live-tv-service-android-set-top-box/112959/

Hoping for the best and impatiently looking out for a launch date

@sudyecaz how much mukesh willing to pay???

i am sure you know that very well.

Close to market valuation....

Today's valuation is close to 27K Crore

ooh that means he is asking more then 3 times.

much More than four times as Mda is talking about whole of rcom, but Ada is talking about just his share, I guess.

Sent from my Note2 using Tapatalk pro

I have heard a pretty strong rumor that MDA group is going to invest 25000 crores in RCOM for a sizable share, Anil would still be the Chairman. Well this statement is even partly supported by this article

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Biz/India-Business/Mukesh-may-redial-telecom-now/articleshow/5966369.cms

it seems to be coming true...slowly and steadily.

Sent from my RM-914_using Tapatalk

• Like 1

So cool!! As per map, both my home and office are covered.

Anyone can please help me getting a RJIO internet connection/device.

My home is just 100-150 meter out of the coverage ,

What conclusion should I Made?

<p>I am just covered by all the sides in Panvel.... Great feeling... May be I would get more than 100 Mbps ;):P:D</p>

Hey RJIO, do you need some good testers for free?

Count me in ;-)

Umm......

Shift house ?

• Like 1

Count me into.. Lol for testing.. Apart from Samsung, what other manufacturers did Reliance Jio tied up.....

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

<p>It shows no network in South Mumbai.. It can't be possible.</p>

My home is just 100-150 years away from being covered with 4G(if at all it ever been covered with any good data network singal) :doh:

Edited by st_7
  • Like 1

my area also covered in map

i am feeling lucky time to buy relience jio demo card just for testing & using when service launches

They don't seem to have coverage between Malad & Dahisar areas of western suburbs in Mumbai. So Malad, Kandivali, Borivali & Dahisar aren't covered as yet..

Sent from my HTC PO682 using Tapatalk