Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
JHS

Tweaking LG RD6000 & Bitpim

;) r world and PC synch hassles-RD6000

Hi to all,

Newbie here from Hyderabd

Got an RD6000 set recently and am having problems:

1. Using original LG cable with their software for r world. Problem is -frequent disconnections( when continous downloading is not taking place ,such as a large file).  When you try to re connect it shows error 660. If you disconnect the set and try a little later it works. But, can you imagine doing it every 2 minutes ;) Things already done, but doesnt help:

reliance softawre download & Reliance cable combo is worse-it doesnt connect

Formatting my PC and re-installing Win 98SE

Tweaking modem settings by adding s10=55 and also increasing idle disconnect time to max

2. PC synch SW supplied by LG doesnt work. Couldnt find the same on Reliance site?

3. Does  anybody know the helpline Number of LG( am an optimist and would like to think they are better than those duheads at reliance-actually anybody else will be better :P

will be happy to hear any suggestions

24049[/snapback]

Please take the cable back to LG and have it exchanged, it is defective. I am using a aftermarket cable bought for Rs.400/- and it is now giving me any problems.

Can you tell me if you cable is a straight USB cable or a USB to serial convertor? A usb to serial convertor will have a box like peice in the middle of the cable and there will be a "LG USB convertor" software in your Program Files.

PC sync software available with me works. It is 10.5 MB in size. IF someone can suggest some free space, than I will upload it there for users to download.

;) r world and PC synch hassles-RD6000

Hi to all,

Newbie here from Hyderabd

Got   an RD6000 set recently and am having problems:

1. Using original LG cable with their software for r world. Problem is -frequent disconnections( when continous downloading is not taking place ,such as a large file).  When you try to re connect it shows error 660. If you disconnect the set and try a little later it works. But, can you imagine doing it every 2 minutes ;) Things already done, but doesnt help:

reliance softawre download & Reliance cable combo is worse-it doesnt connect

Formatting my PC and re-installing Win 98SE

Tweaking modem settings by adding s10=55 and also increasing idle disconnect time to max

2. PC synch SW supplied by LG doesnt work. Couldnt find the same on Reliance site?

3. Does  anybody know the helpline Number of LG( am an optimist and would like to think they are better than those duheads at reliance-actually anybody else will be better :P

will be happy to hear any suggestions

24049[/snapback]

Please take the cable back to LG and have it exchanged, it is defective. I am using a aftermarket cable bought for Rs.400/- and it is now giving me any problems.

Can you tell me if you cable is a straight USB cable or a USB to serial convertor? A usb to serial convertor will have a box like peice in the middle of the cable and there will be a "LG USB convertor" software in your Program Files.

PC sync software available with me works. It is 10.5 MB in size. IF someone can suggest some free space, than I will upload it there for users to download.

24368[/snapback]

thanx for the suggestion

changed the cable but the problem remains the same'

CD suppplied by lg has software for pc sync not only for this but other models also.ya it would be nice if it could be shared!!!

Ya, the LG folks sent an SMS giving me a link that wont open :P Pls help.Thanx in advance

24292[/snapback]

Give the Link here to try my self

24302[/snapback]

Tznx for offering help ;)

http:// ssg.wdsap.ricinfo.com/ssg?_raptype=download&_rapsvc=4.206&version=3.0;

09313709489:25.1:2( ;) what is this)

I have seen elsewhwere in these forums that somebody else was also not able to access .ricinfo site

thanx again

thanx for the suggestion

CD suppplied by lg has software for pc sync not only for this but other models also.ya it would be nice if it could be shared!!!

24388[/snapback]

Try the following:

Create a New Connection from Dail Up Networking.

Use the LG USB modem already installed by the Reliance software.

The no. to dail is #777.

With this you should not have problem. Alternately try upgrading to Win XP

:P Thanx for the tip

However, have been able to crack the problem with some help from this forum.

i am pretty busy right now & will post the full details after polling to see if enough people are intereted

:) Anyone desperate can ring me on 9346238214

thanx for the suggestion

24388[/snapback]

Try the following:

Create a New Connection from Dail Up Networking.

Use the LG USB modem already installed by the Reliance software.

The no. to dail is #777.

With this you should not have problem. Alternately try upgrading to Win XP

24503[/snapback]

Yes, please do share it with us !

I have a few tips:

If you want to send the photos clicked from your mobile phone to your computer, add it to an MMS and send it to your mail id. I have tried it with gmail and yahoo mail. Its working fine.

If you want to send any ring tone or an image to you phone, using yahoo mail, attach it to an email and send the email to 91<your number without zero>@mms.ricmail.com

Try keeing the mail size less than 100 KB. Also, resize the image to 640x480 resolution using any image editing tool. JPG format images are smaller in size than BMP format images.

Regarding the r-connect problem, i'd suggest to open a command prompt widnow and run a "ping" command. For ex:

After the connection is established, open a command prompt window and type:

ping yahoo.com -t

This will keep pinging the yahoo server, and will prevent frequent disconnection. You can ping any other server of your choice.

I have a few tips:

If you want to send the photos clicked from your mobile phone to your computer, add it to an MMS and send it to your mail id. I have tried it with gmail and yahoo mail. Its working fine.

If you want to send any ring tone or an image to you phone, using yahoo mail, attach it to an email and send the email to 91<your number without zero>@mms.ricmail.com

Try keeing the mail size less than 100 KB. Also, resize the image to 640x480 resolution using any image editing tool. JPG  format images are smaller in size than BMP format images.

Regarding the r-connect problem, i'd suggest to open a command prompt widnow and run a "ping" command. For ex:

After the connection is established, open a command prompt window and type:

ping yahoo.com -t

This will keep pinging the yahoo server, and will prevent frequent disconnection. You can ping any other server of your choice.

25054[/snapback]

helo there...

i just bouhtthe handset 2 weeks back.and ts workingfie..also that now the rworld videos section has started

please help me with the following

1) when send an MMS we have a option called as enhanced???? what does it mean????

2) have u tried sending photo MMS to u r email id???? do they come perfectly or a bit blurres???

3) which is the best format to take a photo i.e best resolution is ???

4)also i am not able to save rintones ofsize morethan 30k in my phone???? is it samewithu ????

helo there...

i just bouhtthe handset 2 weeks back.and ts workingfie..also that now the rworld videos section has started

please help me with the following

1) when send an MMS we have a option called as enhanced???? what does it mean????

2) have u tried sending photo MMS to u r email id???? do they come perfectly or a bit blurres???

3) which is the best format to take a photo i.e best resolution is ???

4)also i am not able to save rintones ofsize morethan 30k in my phone???? is it samewithu ????

25756[/snapback]

Enhanced refers to the sending of message as encrypted. if u have used the lg rd 2030 or even in 6000 it has 2 types of enhanced modes one u may find it in the call related enhanced mode adn other which u r talking bout is the data related enhanced mode. Anyways if u r sending sum top secret docs my advice just turn it on for that only coz otherwise it makes it tooooo slow to send it yaaar.

well atleast the preity zinta pic which i uploaded wasnt blurred and neither have any other blurred. Yeah it might be that u might have clicked in low res or if its not so then just try keeping urt hands stable while clicking the pic. if u have tried both of the tips frm me u wont have any blurring probs like i dont have them now.

well if u want to click aaraam se then use high res. but if u r the jame bond kinda guy then use the low res for 4x zoom. but the tradeoff is the more u zoom the lesser the size is on the pc so it s up to u which one to use.

yeah u cant save ringtones more than 30k man just try out lesser than them. its a limit they have applied. cmon man even 6600 has a limit to the ringtones size even when it plays mp3s as ringtone. so chillax man dont over expect. i think it helped u clear ur doubts out if not then pls do tellme as me name suggests ASKME literally :grin:

yeah u cant save ringtones more than 30k man just try out lesser than them. its a limit they have applied. cmon man even 6600 has a limit to the ringtones size even when it plays mp3s as ringtone. so chillax man dont over expect. i think it helped u clear ur doubts out if not then pls do tellme as me name suggests ASKME literally  :help:

25985[/snapback]

about the file size being <= 30k. That is BS. Me had a full mp3 song burnt to it. 30k is applicable only when you receive it by mms. No restrictions when u write it from your comp.

Srini

about the file size being <= 30k. That is BS. Me had a full mp3 song burnt to it. 30k is applicable only when you receive it by mms. No restrictions when u write it from your comp.

Srini

28635[/snapback]

Can the RD 6000 play mp3s? If yes, can u guide me as to how to go about it?

Srini

28635[/snapback]

Can the RD 6000 play mp3s? If yes, can u guide me as to how to go about it?

28692[/snapback]

yup u can do it. I have pm'ed u as to how to go about it.

Srini

try using bitpim.

it can be downloaded free at www.bitpim.com

22974[/snapback]

i would like to know the link to download bitmip software from the site www.bitmip.com plzzzz reply urgent

U can d/l the latest version 0.7.29 of bitpim from the following link:

D/l Bitpim

Edited by Vishal Gupta

Hi

I don't know whether the 6000 has speakerphone or not. But if it's same as vx6000, then people have found a trick to make the speakerphone work. Sharing it with u...

Step by step guide:

1. Menu > 8 > 3 > New > Record a Memo > Done

2. End > Camera Button > 3 > Move down to Sound, Press Ok

3. Voice Memo > Choose The Voice Memo > Press Ok

4. End > 1 > Camera Button > 6 > Press Ok on the saved Pix

5. Options > Move down to Save Sound > Rename File to whatever > Ok

6. End > Contacts > Find a contact that you have access to use their phone to call you > Edit Button > Move to the Ringer Selection > Change Ringer to what you saved the Sound to in Step 5

7. End > Press and hold * . That will give you Manner Mode, Do it one more time for Silence All

8. Use the phone from the contact you set, to call you while your phone is in silence all mode. Let it ring, but dont answer your phone. > Hang up after a few seconds that your phone should be ringing (After the caller ID Pops up).

9. Take your phone out of Silence All Mode by holding down *.

10. Make a phone call!! Test it out by dialing your voice mail... It will then go through your top speaker instead of your ear piece!!!

Few Notes: If someone calls you after you do all this, you will not be able to use the speaker phone, and will have to repeat all the steps...

I found that it is a LOT Easier if you set your default ringer to maybe a voice ringer that you make with maybe recorded music.. you can do that by holding your phone up to a speaker playing music or whatever, while you are recording that memo, and just following the steps 1 - 5... And just keep your phone on silence all, and when someone calls, don't answer, and just call them back with your new LG Speaker Phone!! : )

ALSO****** Be very careful.. after a few times of use with the speaker phone, it doesn't want to kick off the speaker, so you have to play a ringtone to turn it off so you dont run down your speaker.... Then just repeat those steps above, but just steps 6 - 10 since you already have that voice memo recorded....

This is PROVEN To work on the Firmware upgrade...

Pls reply whether it was useful.

i totally worked bro........ but im sorry 2 say this ain't practical. unless if u want 2 show off a new feature......

but in the process i found out how 2 add recorded ringtones.......

may be i was the only one not aware of it but thanx alot

So it works. Is the speaker quality OK?

N can u pls answer my questions for deciding between 6000 n 6130 here

http://www.rimweb.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=3178&st=15

The mods seem to have moved it.

i totally worked bro........ but im sorry 2 say this ain't practical. unless if u want 2 show off a new feature......

but in the process i found out how 2 add recorded ringtones.......

may be i was the only one not aware of it but thanx alot

28932[/snapback]

hello jobin,

please tell me wat is this bipim all about and can i use it on my rd 6130?????? and the link u gave is not working.

i would be very thankful to u if u help me

thanks,

RICKY

can any1 please tell me how to transfer jpg or gif files to RD6000 using bitpim

i use bitpim version 0.7.33 bitpim converts every file to bmp is there no way to transfer files in the original format

<TOPIC MERGED!>

Edited by Vishal Gupta

hope you have installed usb driver for the data cable .

install bitpim

Run the app and select LG vx6000 from the list.

click data tab on top and select get phone data it will read all your phone data including rigtone wallpaper....etc after reading select wallpaper or ringtone you can add files on it .make sure files are not more than 80kb.also you can find help how to add ring tone from the help menu.after adding files again select data and click send phone data.this will upload all new files to your phone do not select replace option this will replace all your file selet add option.

Dear Vishal/Devesh,

Help me, I was uploding ringtone to my phone(offcourse LG6000) through bitpim, but mistake i deleted one ringtone in bitpim window. Now the Problem is i am unable to delete/rename/modify that ring tone in the Phone. Kindly help

If the phone is still displaying that r/t, then try one thing!

D/l one r/t from R-World or 8888 & replace that r/t.

It should work!

If the phone is still displaying that r/t, then try one thing!

D/l one r/t from R-World or 8888 & replace that r/t.

It should work!

34858[/snapback]

i dunno if dat works but i know a better option in bitpim if u have all ringtones in the window jus send phone data , replace all.

p.s dont use space in any of tones( change file name bfor uploading through bitpim