Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
prashantsolanki

Internet Usage Calculation

I got my first bill after subscribing to the platinum plan and they properly screwed me up.

All my calculations of data upload/download went wrong.

What do I do now ?

24034[/snapback]

Well, I'v been cautioning people about his right from the start! :P Anyway, tell us how exactly did you do your "calculations"?

basically i had the ras meter always running so i know how much bandwidth i consumed in the given time.

however the rbill tells a different story

platinum plan has unlimited usage allowd.how they can screw u?

24036[/snapback]

oops i am sorry .. i meant the freedom plan where they charge 650 for 1 GB

The CC people will not accept your calculations.

Try to Contact the Chairman office. But i think it is also not help to your current bill. They will sugest you to goto the Platinum Plan.

Now i'm in Platinum plan. My first bill will be coming soon. :angry: I'm also waiting for the same.

Hi guys,

I stumbled on this last night when I was p2ping, i have DUMeter (http://www.dumeter.com) running and I noticed that DUMeter registered 84MB (upload + download for current session) whereas the windows connection showed 56MB (upload + download). I think what DUMeter did was that it accounted even for the error bytes which are requested again whereas Windows skipped those transfers, and actually I got 56MB of data (error free).

Now the question is what does Reliance consider DUMeter or Windows???

This applies more to people who are bandwidth limited such as the Freedom plan, this is a serious rip-off infact highway robbery cause its their errors.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Cruiser

<TOPIC MERGED!>

Edited by Vishal Gupta

i seriously doubt that reliance will give correction for error pakcets, the overhead for processing so many packets would be too high.

I use Magitime, gives accurate, I checked my CDRs at the Reliance office myself. So use Magitime.

Hey, guys

As many of us have taken the unlimited plans, and as i'm going to start a webserver with the relaince connection, is there any sotware which can tell us the exact upload and download during a particular period.???????

Sorry, i just did'nt see that, Anyway thanks.

Secondly in all three plans we are given 10MB webspace, how do we use that?

One more thing i would like to tell , i tried the cabel nut software, and after a lot of testing i have found that the updated CSS of cabel/512 cofiguraion gives the best result, i have jumped from a actual download speed of 6 Kbps to 10Kbps!!!

Edited by rahuldevnath

Please evrybody who have got bills post ur calculation with the help of ur programs like du meter or any other and how much relaince has charged (in mbs) so that we can generalise how much relaince charges more in mbs and acordingly we can keep a safety level i.e. use that much less mbs so as not to get charged at all.

Same here this is my first month for this plan so tell me the saf elimit of download to go for ............... I'll post mine too next month

vishal, ur 'link' points to the SAME (current) thread...this same thread im postin right now !!...except it goes to the first page :)

27894[/snapback]

Its becoz the post was merged into this existing thread. Hence the goof-up! Will keep checking for such stuff henceforth.

Hi guys,

Just as a note, Platinum users do not even get the bandwidth section of the bill. Its just flat 1500, just as it should be :-)

Thanks,

Cruiser

...as i'm going to start a webserver with the relaince connection...

You're going to start a webserver with a reliance connection? :blink:

You're going to start a webserver with a reliance connection?

Yeah, infact i have completed a 5 day trial as well! Jsut waiting for my exams to finish off! Who needs a brodband when majority off ppl acessing my site would be 56k!

still, you cant have more than 2 or 3 people accessing your "webserver" at the same time. BTW what software are you planning to use?

I have a dedicated no profit site at www.indianairforce.tk there realy wouldn't be more than 2 ppl acessing my site, and infact as during my tests even 3 ppl at same time did'nt had much problem, out of the 3, 2 ppl were on dial up and one r conncet. So, the speed realy does'nt matter as Reliance's upload speed is good and constant.

I'm using the dafault Windows Web Server, PC-CILIN Firewall

The only problem i have is of uptime, Reliance does'nt give a Permanent IP, so i need to change my IP to the current one every time i log on, though my PC, woudld'nt be stressed any way!