Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
rajanmehta

Motorola Launches Droid Pro On Verizon

Source: Techtree

Motorola Droid Pro flaunts Android Froyo

Touts a 3.1-inch touchscreen with QWERTY keyboard and 5 megapixel camera with dual-LED flash

Motorola has added a new member to the Droid family - Droid Pro which runs Google's Android operating system. At the CTIA (Cellular Telephone Industries Association) Enterprise & Applications 2010 event, Motorola, along with Verizon Wireless, unveiled 3.1-inch display bearing Droid Pro which might mean that it would be a Verizon exclusive for U.S. Preloaded with Google Android 2.2, the Droid Pro sports a QWERTY keypad in a candy bar form factor. The pricing of this phone would be announced along with its formal launch date in the coming weeks.

The handsets 3.1-inch capacitive touchscreen HVGA portrait display supports 320x480 pixel resolution. Just between the touchscreen and the QWERTY keypad, there is touch bar that accommodates the Home key, Menu Key, Back key and Zoom.

Under the hood, the Droid Pro sports Texas Instruments' 1GHz OMAP microprocessor that is based on ARM Cortex A8 microarchitecture. For better data connection speeds, this 1GHz OMAP CPU is clubbed with Qualcomm's MDM6600 chipset that promises HSPA+ data rates of up to 14.4Mbps and also support tri-band UMTS. Infact, its specifications are the same as those of the Droid 2. For better voice calls and data connectivity reception, the Droid Pro touts "dual diversity" antennae.

113060_moto600.jpg

Inside the chassis, the Droid Pro packs 512MB RAM and 2GB ROM making Android 2.2 Froyo run smoothly. Shutterbugs can make the best of the 5 megapixel auto-focus camera with dual-LED flash which will also record HD videos. For geo-tagging, you can use the onboard GPS or assisted GPS with Google Maps. The Droid Pro will sport Google Maps app with Navigation, Google Latitude, Street View and eCompass features - quite useful when you're on the move.

Mobile web browsing can be enjoyed with Adobe Flash Player 10.1 support. For the Business class consumers, Motorola will offer Droid Pro with Microsoft Exchange e-Mail and Gmail for Business support. The pre-loaded Quickoffice Mobile Suite will enable viewing, editing and saving Microsoft Word documents, PowerPoint presentations and Excel Spreadsheets- all on the phone itself.

Motorola has also added built-in security features like the AuthenTec IPSec multi-headed VPN integration, remote wipe of device and SD card, and complex password support. However, device and SD card encryption will be available by early 2011.

Motorola will offer 8GB internal storage along with 8GB SD card that will be bundled with the phone. The Droid Pro offers Wi-Fi connectivity with DLNA (Digital Living Network Alliance) support. The phone also offers 3G Mobile HotSpot feature that allows connecting up to five other Wi-Fi enabled devices and laptops.

Spruced with features friendly for corporate users, Motorola Droid Pro might just bump along with BlackBerry smartphones for the business class. More details about its world availability and pricing would be available at handset's release due in the fourth quarter of this year.

:previous:

Breathtaking specs ......

:Sorprendido::Sorprendido::Sorprendido:

http://www.motorola.com/Consumers/US-EN/Consumer-Product-and-Services/Mobile-Phones/ci.Motorola-DROID-PRO-US-EN.alt

Android Froyo

HSDPA 10.2 Mbps Tri-Band

EDGE Quad-band

EVDO Rev. A Dual-Band

Receive Diversity

GPS

Accelerometer

WiFi b/g/n

Video Capture & Playback at 30 fps

It's truly amazing world phone

Edited by kesav

Motorola is staging quite a comeback. This phone they are targeting mainly at Blackberry User Class. All across the web, this device is getting very good reviews.

Alongwith this they have launched nearly 4 to 5 great GSM Devices also.

It is yet to launch if I am not wrong.

Everything is good.. The only bad thing I find is the NUM-KEYS layout like in computer and not in 3x3 grid like in BB or regular phones...

• Like 1

I really love this form factor with portrait keyboard, but without the hassles of slider like Pre. Though screen resolution does seem a little low.

Pixi is best for QWERTY and also for touchscreen.

pixi is no no match for this phone

look at the hardware

1GHz OMAP microprocessor that is based on ARM Cortex A8 microarchitecture

Is this snapdragon or Samsung Epic's processor?

epic is also based on new arm 8 architecture

the GPU of epic is the fastest GPU at moment in production

EPIC has better chipset than iphone 4 also !!!

Fantastic Specs :Sorprendido:

"that promises HSPA+ data rates of up to 14.4Mbps and also support tri-band UMTS" Signnn.... We can only dream of such speeds on mobiles may be in another 50 years. :GirandoOjos:

looks interesting though nothing pathbreaking; good for people using multiple cdma+gsm numbers...one at a time... lolz

Edited by dkaile

This is not Dual SIM type its Either OR type will catch any one Network at a time

Aleady Ordered 2 for CDMA

planning to get this month , and start using it on 3GSM

^^^

expect between 500-600 $ easily coz its triband 3G , so it could be used anyhwere in world on 3GSM plus its motorola

After using 4" super amoled of Samsung and the faster graphic processor, I dont think I can go for this phone... Useful for hardcore Blackberry Lovers as it is basically a substitute for them due to a usable (though not as good as blackberry) qwerty keyboard...and also for people on gsm network wanting a sturdy android device which looks like a blackberry... lolz...

Also forget about a exceptional multimedia and gaming experience on this phone... it wont be anywhere near what we are using... but for just calls and interface its the first android with a candy-bar form factor with keyboard...

Bottomline : Its basically a business phone for the android geeks who want to look like power executives... loz... see the cartoon below and my arrow... lolzidop...

iphoneblackberryandroid.jpg

EDIT: I am happy with my cool dude (actual) persona... :Chulo:

Edited by dkaile
  • Like 1

Well this is what an all in one package

Best Specs

Handy keyboard

What else we need

:Contento:

Anyone got this phone yet in India ? I am very much interested if anyone has in stock.

Hetal - I am very much interested if you have it already with you -:)

I am also willing to buy or even pre book it if Hetal/Muffy or someone else has got it or is planning on getting it

@dkaile nice cartoon..

it is targeted at bb users.. but no match for my EPIC...

phone is Selling near US $ .600/- in usa. but how to unlock this phone is not release yet.