Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
swaroop

All About Nokia 6255

No buddy thats the prob with series 40 you can not add any worthwhile application in this one.

hello everyone,

could any one tell the procedure to install application on 6255 i've tried all versions of mobimb 2.2, 2.5, 3 and even latest nokia pc suite 6.6.18 nothing seems to be working. I use bluetooth to connect.

Highlander:

v2.5 works great for everyone here. Perhaps you should uninstall all the other programs and then install 2.5 and try.

hello everyone,

could any one tell the procedure to install application on 6255 i've tried all versions of mobimb 2.2, 2.5, 3 and even latest nokia pc suite 6.6.18 nothing seems to be working. I use bluetooth to connect.

45550[/snapback]

As i read many user use mobimb 2.5 without any problem. I think there may be some type connection problem between your system and handsets as u say that Nokia pc suit also not working. Check the connection setting again and try.

Thanks and Take Care!

For bluetooth u must hav to update d latest drivers to be identified in nokia pc suite.

I'm able to browse my mobile, change wallpapers, ringtones etc.. but when i try to install application it shows no compatible phones detected(screen shot attached) also my phone is not highlighted, i even tried with microsoft and ivt bluesoleil drivers. In case of mobimb i'm not able to configure the correct port i tried all ports.

post-7522-1130830102_thumb.jpg

Dude!

Didnt u read all the posts in this thread?

U can't install applications using Nokia PC Suite in this h/s.

U can use Mobi MB 2.5 to install applications!

Well buddy i believe u trying to use DEMO MobiMB.

Get the register version or google for crack. Any further help??

Call or SMS me.

Has nayone tried the picture messages in the templates in this phone?

you get to write around 260 charcter with the picture.

Now what i want to know is that is it charged as an SMS or MMS?

People who own this phone will understand what i am talking about.

If it is charged as an SMS, people with free SMS can write longer messages.for that matter anyone can write longer messages. dont know how the reciever is going to get these. did nt try with anyone. guess GSM phones will get the complete message.

Well tanveer if u'll send this messages to handsets which doesn't support MMS thn message not gonna deliver only. and this is charged as MMS.

MMS from the 6255 should get delivered to any RIM phone. Some through RWorld/Website and some directly on the phone. MMS cannot get delivered to non RIM phones. Are you being charged for delivery to non-RIM phones?

Didnt get my point did ya!

The picture messages, the likes of which we used to have on 3310 and other old phones, they were not MMS enabled were they? but u could still send picture messages.

And i did send the sms to oa GSM number and it was delivered with the picture, i did not write the complete 260 characters of text.

hi dudes help me out

i am having a problem with 6255. i installed some applications in my collections folder using mobi mb 2.5. Now iam facing a serious problem, my phone gets restarted/ rebooted when i open this collection folder from the Phone. I am not able to delete these applications using Mobi mB. What to be done? Can any other softwares do this deleting job? i think the problem is with the application which i loaded.

Help me out

Thanks in advance

Emmanuel

Hi Emman:

I faced the same problem. I took it to the one Nokia CDMA service center in Pune. They said it would take 2 weeks to repair. After two weeks they said they have got a replacement from Delhi. Took it. Went home.

I'm still not able to install applications using registered mobimb ver 2.5, if any one has a working one please mail to radeon_m@yahoo.com.

I have one more problem i'm not able to send or receive special characters like £ Á Ì Í È É by sms, i think it's disabled by nokia.

I belive Nokia plays avi, wav files also over and above 3gp.

Do I need to install some softeare on my Nokia 6255 so that I can play the avi & wav files?

<TOPIC MERGED!>

Edited by Vishal Gupta

not possible buddy!

yup tanveer...got ur pt...and have tried it as well..on Diwali...but unfortunately it was received as junk by non-rim users...i was not charged nething tho..

cheers

A request to 6255 users

PLEASE DO NOT USE mobimb to install applications, i installed a game and messed up with my mobile. It restarts when i try to open the collections folder now i'm not able to delete the application which i installed. Will try to find the solution for this without getting the phone replaced.

BUT MOBIMB is vouched and tried / tested by many others ... including me ! ask munnamobile too .. maybe there was an issue with the version of mobi used

Cheers

Ashok

first of all i want to know whether i'm charged for sending mms in nokia 6255 of course widout using r-world under dapo?

<TOPIC MERGED!>

Edited by Vishal Gupta