Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
sougatadc

Writing Indian Rupee Symbol - Rs

@ Arun,

it is working only in IP.Board and not in CleanCut.

I thought something was wrong with my system, I did Ctrl+F5 many times last night , but to no avail. Then just now on a brainwave, I tried changing the view from CleanCut to IP.Board and voila it works flawlessly.

@ all others

Try changing the view and you will get what you wanted.

:signthankspin: Arun and WebRupee

Thanks, Kumaarshah. This is what intuition is. Without any logic something will click. I have experienced this many times. Keep it up. You may start a new thread on this topic inviting others experience. :Sorprendido:

May I ask Arun to make the symbol to appear a bit smaller? The size you made looks a bit large.

size looks ok , only if want , it can be made normal ( remove bold from symbol )

when Rs is typed in bold it will not convert to Rs , so while using use only normal font (dont bold R and s )

Edited by ::Hitesh::

It should work for CleanCut theme now as I have added the code now. Don't forget to clear cache or hard refresh (Ctrl + F5)

The default size is smaller and suits with the rest of the text size, however the middle horizontal line becomes too small to be noticeable, hence I had increased it to make it clear. I have decreased the size by 1 pixel now which should be fine.

Rs. 1000

Rs.2000

Rs 3000

Note: For those who edit post using Quick Edit and don't see the symbol - it won't process the javascript because the code is in the header of the page and so the page needs to be refreshed.

Rs

Wow arun for taking prompt action

Rs

seems very fine.

Oh I forgot to add that you need to clear cache or hard refresh (Ctrl + F5) to see the updated font size.

thanks arun for the prompt action!!!!

Edited by vvinayakpai

@sougatadc: Can you type just the R s character (without space) in the reply (nothing else) using the "Fast Reply" option for a test?

RS

Rs not working since today afternoon. Also while loading RIMWEB homepage, firefox is trying to find cdn.webrupee.com and getting stuck there. RIMWEB homepage loading became very slow as a consequence.

Now it is working again.

Edited by sougatadc

Loading fine now, looks like Webrupee API service was down earlier.

The WebRupee service now runs off from our own server locally so that any issue affecting connectivity to the API service remotely will not be a problem any more. Thanks again to the WebRupee team for the assistance in configuring the service locally in our server. :signthankspin:

Great! will help in loading symbol faster since it runs locally.