Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
in.raghav

BSNL Slashes Its 3G Internet Further

Its good news guys

BSNL has further reduced the Unlimited 3G charges by almost 50%. The effective cost of using unlimited BSNL 3G will be Rs. 700/month* (Rs. 4,200 for 6 months) from 1st November 2010. There is no fair usage policy applicable on this scheme so you can download/upload as much as you want. In addition to the reduction in monthly rental, BSNL has also reduced the price of its Data Card.

All new 3G registrations shall be entitled for one week unlimited data download in addition to the existing freebies offered with new activation. The promotional unlimited data download facility will commence from the date of activation of 3G plan and after 7 days normal freebies of 200 MB will be credited to the account of the prepaid customer. This facility is applicable to both prepaid and postpaid new connections. This offer of unlimited download for a week will remain open for a promotional period of 90 days from the date of implementation.

Tariff for unlimited data plans:

Rs 2000 - 2 months

Rs 2500 - 3 months

Rs 4200- 6 months

In case of 3G prepaid service, the amount mentioned above will be charged through RCVs and in case of 3G postpaid service the amount will be recovered as advance Fixed Monthly Charges (FMC).

This offer will remain valid for a promotional period of 90 days from the date of implementation.

Source:http://mobigyaan.com/exclusive-bsnl-slashes-3g-rates-unlimited-internet-at-rs-700month

now it's a time a time for 3g data war... :GirandoOjos:

I wish if the signal was a bit stable and available at more places.

At our place, 3G signal fades away even at an aerial distance of 2kms.

looks aggressive marketing techo from bsnl..bechare airtel waale dhone tak ka muaka nahi milega..... :Sorprendido: :Sorprendido: :Sorprendido:

A good move from BSNL. It was forced to pay for 3G Spectrum in all circles at the higest rates bid by private operators. It had no choice to choose and bid for a particular circle based on commericial viability. Now it has to recover those thousands of crores which deplted its reserves badly.

Except Mumbai and New Delhi, BSNL is everywhere though good 3g network may be a question mark at some places. But BSNL's this move may get it even the usual broadband subscribers in addition to Mobile 3g subscribers who are crying for good speed unlimited data plans and which private operators are not giving. With 3g Sim USB Modems available only at Rs 1200, it may garner a huge chunk of such subscribers and may have good impact on broadband tariffs of private operators.

It may not have immediate impact on 3g tariffs of private operators till MNP Comes as all high end users are loath to change their numbers for economical plans.

• Like 1

you mean one just needs a Rs. 5k 3G Phone and connect it with computer and use it as a 3G modem for unlimited downloads at high speed! No FUP! wow!

:previous: :previous: :previous:

yaar 5k kyun....1.2k kaphi hai..thanks to shripal bhai....

It looks like this offer is only for new customers.

If that's the case, I'm really disappointed........

BSNL 3G data has short-term plans like 1 day, 3 days, 7 days and various normal plans of 30 days.

Biggest miss in BSNL's 3G data kitty was long term plan like 2 months, 3 months, 6 months, 12 months.

Now, BSNL has filled that gap but unfortuantely only for new customers.

:NOTriste::NOTriste::NOTriste:

Edited by kesav

With Tata DOCOMO set to lauch service by diwali and others to be followed soon, this moves is on predictable lines. What they tried to do was skimming the 3G market of cream when it had absolute monopoly for a year and when competition steps in they lower their tariff to keep the flock. Cant say how far the above strategy have been successful for BSNL but they seems to have garnered some 1 million subscribers for 3G.

3G data war... I am loving it.. :)

how good are there speeds?

should be averaging around 1 mbps. I had a trial some time back and it did not budge above 1 mbps at that time, now it may be lower.

following are the speedtest results from shripal's modem,,,,we connected the modem to the wireless 3g router to aviod disconections n voila there were no disconnections n we cud peacefully sleep at night....

the results r at a remote village of bijapur in north karnataka....but in my guess banglore shud give a better speedtest result.....

http://www.speedtest.net/result/1002341030.png

http://www.speedtest.net/result/1002343615.png

:Sorprendido: :Sorprendido: :Sorprendido:

^^ Great speeds.. 3G is there in Rajkot, but I do not have any device where I can put my 3g sim and check out the speedtest results.

^^ Great speeds.. 3G is there in Rajkot, but I do not have any device where I can put my 3g sim and check out the speedtest results.

Buy this 3g USB Modem from Sripal only at Rs 1200 and check speed in Rajkot http://www.rimweb.in...post__p__201655

following are the speedtest results from shripal's modem,,,,we connected the modem to the wireless 3g router to aviod disconections n voila there were no disconnections n we cud peacefully sleep at night....

the results r at a remote village of bijapur in  north karnataka....but in my guess banglore shud give a better speedtest result.....

http://www.speedtest.../1002341030.png

http://www.speedtest.../1002343615.png

Upload speed is pretty low...   :(

Any option available which can also be used with my Linksys WRT120N wifi Router??

waiting for MTNL to make their 3G cheap!

Just checked with MTNL Delhi website..

3G Unlimited plan is for Rs. 2500/month O.o

3G Unlimited with BIS is for Rs. 1199/Month

its still very expensive here :(

When first used 3G speed was more than 3Mbps. But, Now. for me 3G speeds are never going above 2Mbps. In-fact it stays exactly at 2Mbps all along while downloading. Looks like BSNL is limiting the speed.

Edited by srk006

Here is the clear information.

source :: http://telecomtalk.info/bsnl-unlimited-3g-data-plan-now-at-just-rs-700/45358/

I feel sad that I've recently purchased Huawei E176 for Rs.3424 (Modem Cost) + Rs.326 (Free BSNL SIM + FRC) = RS.3750

At that time cost of Linktop(LW273) 7.2 Mbps Triband modem was Rs. 3000 and I thought paying Rs. 400 for brand Huawei(and its added features) is worth.

Since due to this announcement LW273 has become Rs. 2500, I hope there'll be fall in the price of E176 in the market.

post-6930-051547500 1287916863_thumb.jpg

Edited by kesav

the results r at a remote village of bijapur in  north karnataka....but in my guess banglore shud give a better speedtest result.....

http://www.speedtest.../1002341030.png

http://www.speedtest.../1002343615.png

Upload speed is pretty low...   :(

racoon yaar bache ki jaan loge kya.....phele to 3g UL ki demand thi ..wo mil gayi....phir wo demand saste mein ki gayi..wo bhi mil gayi.........abhi upload ke liye BSNL waale apne sar dewwar mein bhi marr lein tab bhi isse achi nahi jayegi..... :Equivocado:

even on their bb the upload speeds r not gud....still if u want to maintain torrents use seedbox.....even m trying to get one ....but thy dont accept debit card ..thts the problem...

Just checked with MTNL Delhi website..

3G Unlimited plan is for2500/month O.o

3G Unlimited with BIS is for1199/Month

its still very expensive here :(

MTNL Delhi 3G Prepaid

10 GB : Rs 1099

15 GB : Rs 1500

Unlimited : Rs 1800

Edited by commonman

3G unlimited plan in lower rate trick

buy 2g sim @20 rs

make 15 rs recharge and got 15 rs balance and life time incoming validity

then make 274 rs recharge

put this sim on 3G capable device

now enjoy 3.6 mbps downloading speed with no limit for 1 month

feel 3G speed with lower rate

Tested in my state

racoon yaar bache ki jaan loge kya.....phele to 3g UL ki demand thi ..wo mil gayi....phir wo demand saste mein ki gayi..wo bhi mil gayi.........abhi upload ke liye BSNL waale apne sar dewwar mein bhi marr lein tab bhi isse achi nahi jayegi..... :Equivocado:

even on their bb the upload speeds r not gud....still if u want to maintain torrents use seedbox.....even m trying to get one ....but thy dont accept debit card ..thts the problem...

Lol, well the very low upload speed will make the connection not useful for a lot of things. I sometimes have to transfer larger files besides of course p2p stuff. So for me this type of connection will just not do. As for BSNL wired BB, the upload speed is not that bad. I get around 40 kBps on my 64 kBps connection. Now, of course this isn't good either, as the ideal ul/dl ratio should of course be 1:1. But at least its usable. 

Seedbox... hmm... interesting...