Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
dkaile

Sprint Samsung Epic 4G - The Beast Is Here!

sir

i have treid what you just wrote but i am not able to merge the calls

reason is conference on reliance is network based and not hand set based so we have to dial 3 and again press call which facility is not available on epic i think we need another dailer.

please help.

@rishisuri dial a call and then ask the other side to be on hold.. now press "add call". you may have to wait for few seconds before it is enabled. it will appear on left side. dial another number and then you will see "merge" button.. bingo..

i have tried only once...

its not working.. i think i might have made mistake or did not realised that other side has disconnected. anyway, its not working.. sorry.. when you try to make 2nd call, it puts 1st one on hold.. but then cant conference it.. sorry...

sir

i have treid what you just wrote but i am not able to merge the calls

reason is conference on reliance is network based and not hand set based so we have to dial 3 and again press call which facility is not available on epic i think we need another dailer.

please help.

yes, you need to dail 3 & press call button,to enable conference on reliance, which requires another dailer on our Epic, even i was confused how to do it earlier as there was merge call available , but that was of no use .. if you use conference regularly then download another dailer where call key is active when you are on another call

You can maybe try fring dialer

Sent using samsung epic and Tapatalk

Reply received today from Samsung Service USA regarding update for EPIC -

Samsungservice Samsung Service@dkaile We want Galaxy S owners to have simple/reliable

upgrade. We are running tests due to complexity/unique functionality.

Samsungservice Samsung Service@dkaile We are working to make the Android 2.2/Froyo upgrade available to all U.S. Galaxy S owners as soon as possible.

Samsungservice Samsung Service@dkaile No official statement about updating US Galaxy S line to 2.3 has been made & we aren't prepared to discuss this at this time.

Hey Guys, My epic has HUGE battery problems, I have rooted the phone and I am on DL18 with the ACS SYNDICATE ROM 2.1 (Eclair). The wi-fi is on only for 1 hour maximum and the talktime is also just for 1 to 2 hours. So Should I go for an after market 1500 battery (the one that comes in accessory bundle pack) or an 3500 Mah battery?

Please Advise.

Thanks.

Ankur.

^

seems to be a rom related issue rather than battery issue, as battery can't go bad before 1 year at least; I am getting fullday battery life with data+wifi on 24x7; check to see that all auto updation of facebook/twitter sync and any other sync is set to at least 4-6 hour interval.... if not, revert to stock di18 using odin to flash it...

i have not rooted my epic yet, can anyone suggest me whether i shall do that or no, and if i want to go for customised froyo rom which one shall i go for.

Stay off froyo for some time more... As for rooting, no harm doing that. Couple of good DI18 roms out there

can we have mms on epic, has anyone tried extracting reliance settings fro i899 , i think those settings can be used on epic.

How to install jad files in epic, can anyone suggest I. Want to use ngpay or irctc?

Guys, a new problem has cropped up... I have searched everywhere for solution, but apparently the only way is to do a hard reset!!

I forgot my pattern and after trying a lot of times, the phone locked asking for my google username and password. Inspite of entering the right username and password, it refuses to accept the same!

Has anyone else faced this problem and if yes, the solution please? I don't wanna do a hard reset even though everything is backed up...

:signthankspin:

lolz... pattern set karte time avoid :cheers: nahi to :death:

a hard reset is a 5 minute job; if u r backed up and then just restore;

Edited by dkaile

^

Update

Just read about a possible work-around. So before going ahead with the factory reset below try this: Here's the solution to unlock without losing your data:

Type you gmail username and in the password field type "null". You will then be prompted to enter a new pattern and your phone will be unlocked.

Edited by dkaile

@dkalie: Sorry bhai, forgot to post,yes it was a ROM related Issue, now getting 2 days backup on HEROIC ROM with minimal WIFI usage.

Thanks to Dj for his inputs.

Hi everyone,

I love the Samsung Epic phone and wanted to check if anyone has managed to get EVDO working on this phone in India. Apparently reliance maintains that if there is no sim card slot for an OMH (Open Market Handset) sim card there is no way that you can get this done.

Do you think the code / software on the OMH sim card can be installed on a rooted EPIC 4g ?

Sam

Edited by Honest
<< Topic Merged >>

Epic to TV out..is not possible via 3.5mm jack (RCA Cable)have tried it

I have searched for 'TV out' Options in settings which is not available on EPIC

so you can't connect using RCA cable to TV out in android 2.1 on Epic !

I want to know if we can connect to TV & watch Movie, using Micro USB to HDMI cable ?

as there cables available on Ebay for samsung Epic for this purpose..have any one tried it,

is it possible on stock ROM 2.1

are there any alternatives for my question other than using Dlna, as my present TV dont support Dnle.

thanks

Edited by satishdave

You can see movie using your usb cable if you have the usb port on tv,

• Like 1

OK fine !!

BTW, Can we expect a "TV out" option on our EPIC in a Froyo Update !!

Thanks

Yes but it is already there now, that is what is there on sprint forums , I have not tried it yet will try and let you know.

You mean to say..froyo update for epic is released officially by sprint??

Anyways pls try and inform us..

Thanks

Sent from my Samsung Epic using Tapatalk

lolz... pattern set karte time avoid :cheers: nahi to :death:

a hard reset is a 5 minute job; if u r backed up and then just restore;

Dhiraj, what all would need to be backed up. Would My Backup Pro or Titanium w/Root suffice?

^

Depends; Contacts and mail are already synced to google servers, so can be restored at any time; Apps can also be re-downloaded from the Market under my applications; Messages, call logs etc. would need 3rd party softwares like the one you mentioned;

Here is an interesting explanation why we are not receiving newer updates on Samsung phones.

http://bit.ly/ieqI0n

One more interesting article on same lines,

iPhone User? 90% Chance You’re On The Latest iOS. Android User? 0.4% Chance

http://t.co/twntHxX

Edited by Harshal

Guys, a new problem has cropped up... I have searched everywhere for solution, but apparently the only way is to do a hard reset!!

I forgot my pattern and after trying a lot of times, the phone locked asking for my google username and password. Inspite of entering the right username and password, it refuses to accept the same!

Has anyone else faced this problem and if yes, the solution please? I don't wanna do a hard reset even though everything is backed up...

:signthankspin:

try logging in to your gmail account from the website. if it works, then it has to work on Epic also. otherwise, follow dkaile's options.

i had my phone locked in similar fashion, but it accepted my uname and pwd..