Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
dkaile

Sprint Samsung Epic 4G - The Beast Is Here!

@ankitman pls go thru below link for battery saving....

My link

besides, there are afew free apps that give exact battery remaining. one dhiraj has given earlier and other is battery reminder... both work same.. i have used battery reminder... its free app...

Yes Sirs... Gonna do the searches soon!

^

1) No such issues here; try clearing the cache in applications (posted many times, search); read here also - http://www.androidcentral.com/froyo-feature-blocking-auto-update-apps-changed-permissions http://www.droidforu...quired-how.html

2) No idea what u r talking about; seems related to 1st point

3) will be available in 2.2 onwards; be judicious in using the phone; install about 70-80 mainly used apps and delete useless ones

4) Google search this issue; never faced it; maybe you have screwed around the os too much playing around; if so, then do a factory reset; hope u r on original rom or some custom built?

5) You will need to root first for that; then search my hero topic for step by step procedure; also posted by some other members also; search search

6) should not cause any issues; I already did ota from di07 to di18 on the phone without any issues

7) battery life is fantastic for a smartphone and almost 25% more than my incredible on same usage; I get 30 hours with moderate usage and data/wifi always on; use battery saving tips (also posted elsewhere, search search)

Ankit bhai... SEARCH is the buzzword...

Thanks dude.. That was a good read to be honest! Also, have installed "Battery left". Not too great in my opinion since it is hardly accurate...

@ankitman pls go thru below link for battery saving....

My link

besides, there are afew free apps that give exact battery remaining. one dhiraj has given earlier and other is battery reminder... both work same.. i have used battery reminder... its free app...

try battery minder by Rollerbush.. its really good.. i m using it since i got my Epic. search as "battery minder" in the market...

Thanks dude.. That was a good read to be honest! Also, have installed "Battery left". Not too great in my opinion since it is hardly accurate...

After some searches, following is what I have got :NOTriste:

1) Cleared the cache and even checked the website you suggested Dhiraj, but that is with regards to updates... Here, my market downloads the application, but while installing it starts and then gets back to the same error. In the downloads section of the market, it shows as uninstalled!!!

2) Same issue

3) Point taken

4) I searched and apparently a lot of people are facing this problem. A possible fix is suggested as updating the Gmail application, but since my market is giving me problems, it doesn't seem feasible. Honestly, I donno which ROM I am on. It was the one which I got on my new phone from Hitesh.

The other things, I still have to check out, but the market thing is kinda getting annoying now...

^

1) No such issues here; try clearing the cache in applications (posted many times, search); read here also - http://www.androidcentral.com/froyo-feature-blocking-auto-update-apps-changed-permissions http://www.droidforu...quired-how.html

2) No idea what u r talking about; seems related to 1st point

3) will be available in 2.2 onwards; be judicious in using the phone; install about 70-80 mainly used apps and delete useless ones

4) Google search this issue; never faced it; maybe you have screwed around the os too much playing around; if so, then do a factory reset; hope u r on original rom or some custom built?

5) You will need to root first for that; then search my hero topic for step by step procedure; also posted by some other members also; search search

6) should not cause any issues; I already did ota from di07 to di18 on the phone without any issues

7) battery life is fantastic for a smartphone and almost 25% more than my incredible on same usage; I get 30 hours with moderate usage and data/wifi always on; use battery saving tips (also posted elsewhere, search search)

^

Just for testing purposes, I switched off my data and checked battery life and my battery lasted a whopping eye popping 3 days on a smartphone!!! :Sorprendido: :Sorprendido: :Sorprendido:

Edited by dkaile

^

Just for testing purposes, I switched off my data and checked battery life and my battery lasted a whopping eye popping 3 days on a smartphone!!! :Sorprendido: :Sorprendido: :Sorprendido:

Which battery are you using ? EXIDE ?

(sorry, i've an urge to post useless stuff today before going home :rofl_200:)

Edited by ami1

I used this one - samsung-epic-4g-battery.jpg not this one - gazzlebat.jpg:winko:

Edited by dkaile

^

Kya Guru ab Man gaye hamare EPIC ko

man gaye bhaiyya man gaye; there are so many things much better than htc except except software development/deployment speed...

(sorry, i've an urge to post useless stuff today before going home :rofl_200:)

Me too I am tempted to do it......on daily basis ---- and often to it --- i am thankful to forum members (kidding not serious) who let me do it.....

Specially My Dear Bro DK ji.... ;)

i am getting notifications reg. sprint Voice mail on my New Epic

notification pops up...it says " there is a delay in setting up of voice mail,

your msg will be delivered after your data services are active" sm thing like this

I've checked there is a message in the sprint voice mail which by default generates when your phone is started for first time & if its not deliveredthe visual notifier related to sprint voice mail pops up,

Data on my phone works seemlessly, is it an issue with sprint services preinstalled on my phone..that doesnot intercept the data over the phoen other than Sprint Data services.

i initially tried to ignore this ..but it keeps popping sometimes, how to stop this application.

can I stop ths from settings --manage applications .. running services & clicking to stop there?

in Voice mail settigs i have disabled all the check marks including Notifications.. but it still shows up

Edited by satishdave

:previous:

I have just now seen the settings in the Visual Voice mail settings

actually there are two messages in the 'undelivered messages' in "Welcome to Voice Mail"

Messages read as "activate@WM.sprint.com- bothe are same messages & are present in Undelivered msgs screen

on was generated on 2 weeks back & another one generated 1 week back

& are not delivered ..so Iam getting such messages related to visual voice mail

7 when I try to delete these messages ..it sys that the firt messages activates visual voice mail service & cannot be deleted,

so is there any way to stop this notification (or) uninstal this default sprint app

Removing the unwanted sprint apps will solve this thing.... but I have not rooted my phone to follow the procedure listed in our fourm

(i dont want to Root my Phone !) but want to get rid of these srint apps.

Edited by satishdave

that message comes only once every reboot and doesnt recur for me till we shut down the phone and restart again; so its not a major irritant; just chill and let it be...

^^^

Thanks Dhiraj Ji

Yes after deleting the 2nd message from the Voice mail undelivered the repeated popping of visual VM has stopped & its appearing after Reeboot again till the same message didnt show up...Thanks :SI:

Edited by satishdave

that message comes only once every reboot and doesnt recur for me till we shut down the phone and restart again; so its not a major irritant; just chill and let it be...

##DATA#

others/multimedia

Change proxy add & port to 0.

You should not get ne sprint messages on boot.

Also use titanium backup and delete not need sprint apps.

^

have tried it personally? i hope ur data settings (username/pw) didnt get disturbed when u tried it?

yes tried it.

does not delete user name password.

Dont try ##DEBUG#

Others

Korea mode

India mode

Sprint mode

this will delete the user pass but its easy to write back if u know the orignal.

regards

farookh

Edited by farookh

To delete system apps use sxd stock apps remover.

• Like 1

Can you please post it here Kalpakji

To delete system apps use sxd stock apps remover.

Kalpak Ji

I have tried Googling for sxd stock apps remover, but didnt get proper links

can you please poet the Link for the same, also do you need to Root the Phone for this purpose!!

Thanks

Edited by satishdave

my epic had received the update for android market today..

i am feeling some lag in this, anybody have the same experiance.

Yes New market is buggy

• Like 1

^^^

Got an updated Market on my Epic just now, using it on wify, without any lag , just downloaded mixZing music player

Market looks just fine CoolIris like effect, Nice !