Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
dkaile

Sprint Samsung Epic 4G - The Beast Is Here!

did you guys try Applanet instead of market.

@dkaile /@hetaldp how to disable data connection... is it advisable to toggle with data connection as and when required....

@chirag - as I have already updated in this topic before - use quicksettings to toggle data on and off; and there is no issue if we you wish to switch it on/off - solution I had already posted here - http://www.rimweb.in...re/page__st__82

GPS FIX PROCEDURE UPDATED - here - http://www.rimweb.in...re/page__st__10

and lolz- Just saw some guy from Kolkota selling EPIC and using MY CLIPPINGS of Hindustan Times and my YOUTUBE upload to market his listing - http://cgi.ebay.in/O...#ht_6664wt_1155 (and that too without my permission)... :rofl_200:

Edited by dkaile

Dec 26 froyo for our epics???

Its called DL11 - is the offical update. OTA

Bluetooth voice dialing, improved bluetooth support

Flash, gps enhancements,improved os. Hop updates also available

Expect a rollout over 4 days

Dec 26 froyo for our epics - xda-developers

PS - In all probability official froyo launch and unofficial gingerbread port from xda will coincide... lolz...

Edited by dkaile

that is a great news hope this time it is not just news.

i have a hudge that epic might get gingerbread straight away, donno i have a feeling.........................................

More proof that official froyo is coming wef 26th dec as per this internal Sprint memo -

Epic-4G-Froyo-Update-405x540.jpg

Edited by dkaile

I am getting my Epic on 3rd January.Waiting impatiently for it.

Hope it lives up to the expectations.

^

lolz...keep realistic expectations... its not the magic genie...

Edited by dkaile

DK it will be new year gift for all epic users like us

Welcome to the works of anxious wait first for phone then for updates

Thanks Samsung For DL11 Updates..

And Yes If Samsung keeps track of this..

Guys, You have overpowered Apple, Nokia and others in sphone hw space seeing the satisfaction Index but you need to compete and beat Google too in sw space.. So Expecting Gingerbread in End of Jan..:)

Great Going Epic. Long Live Epic...May you grow to Multi-core....

Why, I think the Samsung EPIC 4G is superior to the latest Google boy i.e. the Google Nexus-S :

1. Same processor and nearly same screen

2. Sliding Keyboard is a big plus

3. 3.5mm and Micro USB port on top is always preferable for better docking

4. 4G support

5. Dedicated camera hardware button

6. Micro SD card support upto 32GB with 16GB bundled

7. Dedicated LED notification support

8. Metal body parts

9. Additional swype support out of the box

10. OEM Dock available as of now

We just need GINGERBREAD now, to sweeten the deal...

Great list Dhiraj bhai... I just found one more benefit of EPIC 4G, which is NOT in Nexus S.. Please add this to your list of advantages of EPIC 4G over Nexus S..

11. Gorilla glass display for extra protection from scratches (using keys in pocket) in EPIC 4G

The curved display of Nexus S doesnt have Gorilla Glass display, we have to be careful when using Nexus S with keys in pocket.. I got this news online, but forgot the source..

@dkaile /@hetaldp how to disable data connection... is it advisable to toggle with data connection as and when required....

I am using "DataSwitch" a FREE app from market to toggle data on and off.. It is easy, straight forward and working GOOD (tested with my data bills last month, thatz y I am soo sure) and it is FREE..

Edited by KanagaDeepan

@KanagaDeepan i m using quick settings as suggested by DK in one his posts.. i wanted to test battery life... but i was so used to mails, i decided not to use it after 2-3 days.

yeha, my battery lasted one full day and after that i started data connection on/off. so didn't get chance like dhiraj to see whether battery runs for 3 days...

i will also try DataSwitch.

Hey Data Switch is Working Well kangna

Hassle Free Solution.

But with Leaked froyo Epic is having the default Switch so no need to install any.

But this one is usefull for Fascinate Users as they need to wait till froyo comes for there device.

@Dheeraj Bhai: Yeah, I will. I don't think I would be programming data on it. As it's a waste of money.I would however use the wifi.

I saw an wifi application somewhere which said, we can access wifi anywhere using that application. Is that true?

Thanks

Ankur.

previous.gif Its very sad scene that even after 4 months, they failed to deliver the update.

This time the evidence was very strong but still nothing happened....Dont know where they are stuck up....:(

I think buzz is that cm mod is due to hit out of beta ... Lets wait for that

froyo udpate got stuck in US snow storm.... :'( :'( :'( kidding :Sorprendido: :Sorprendido: :

relax guys, we will get froyo update.. its just matter of time..

Dear Friends,

Can any body clarify, out of HTC EVO-4G & Samsung EPIC-4G, which is best. Out of the above two which

one I can choose.

Thanks in advance.

SIVASHANKKAR

@skssha - I think this is not the topic for phone comparison.. this is the more appropriate topic for your question - Kindly post your query there or read that topic to reach a conclusion...

@dkaile, Thanks for the information, Going thro the post for arriving a conclusion.

sivashankkar

Can anyone please let me know how to do 3 way conference on epic in reliance.

@rishisuri dial a call and then ask the other side to be on hold.. now press "add call". you may have to wait for few seconds before it is enabled. it will appear on left side. dial another number and then you will see "merge" button.. bingo..

i have tried only once...