Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
dkaile

Sprint Samsung Epic 4G - The Beast Is Here!

@rohitgaur try restarting it.. i never switched on/off.. i get emails instantly and no missing calls..i think restarting should help.. switch off, rmeove battery, wait for 2minutes, reinsert the battery and switch on the phone..

gud luck...

:previous: thx csmart. i got the solution from my seller, Hitesh via sms.

hmm easiest option would bet to re-install quick settings app, enable your data and then uninstall the app again, wouldnt it? :)

will MMS work With Epic ?

Edited by satishdave

^

No, for now..

Who in India now uses MMS...

Gameloft is giving away Dungeon Hunter HD for free today!

You have to browse to this URL:

gameloft.com/free-hd-game/

It is a good game! High quality!

Source xda

Is anyone using a cover/pouch or something for the Epic? Is it available online?

Went to Alfa today checked all shops no luck. :(

Best option would be to buy on ebay international and use GEB. It takes time, but you get good deals...

• Like 1

Official OTA to 2.2.1 from Google is now available on Google servers directly for those unwilling to wait for the OTA to come on the phone (DI18 to DK28) -

I've been waiting for Android 2.2 (aka Froyo) to arrive on the Epic 4G ever since buying the phone, so you can only imagine my excitement when I heard that kain203, an XDA-Developers forum member, found the update sitting on Google's own servers. To be clear, this isn't the first time the Epic 4G and Froyo have met, but it appears to be the final version of the update – the one that will, presumably, be rolling out over the air to users' devices over the course of the next few days.

So how do you install it? The process is pretty simple:

1. Download the

update from Google's servers.

2. If you aren't rooted or aren't using ClockworkMod recovery, rename the file to "update.zip."

3. Plug your

Epic 4G in, mount it as a USB drive, and copy the file to the root of its SD card (the main folder).

4. Unplug it.

5. Turn it off and boot into recovery mode (hold down the "volume down," "power," and "camera" buttons all at once).

6. If you're using the

Epic 4G's stock recovery mode, keep hitting the "volume down" key until you get to "Apply update.zip." Then press the "camera" button and confirm that you do indeed want to proceed. Alternatively, it you're using ClockworkMod recovery, press the "volume down" key until you get to "Apply zip from SD card." Select it using the "camera" key, and then confirm your choice.

7. Wait for it to finish flashing before selecting "Reboot system now."

8. You're done! Note that the device may take a little longer than usual to boot up – this is normal.

Naturally, the update includes all the Android 2.2 goodies, including Adobe Flash 10.1 compatibility, a JIT compiler that drastically increases performance, and that oh-so-handy "Update All" button in the Market (not to mention the new "Related" tab, which was also included here). However, Samsung has also upgraded TouchWiz from 2.1 to 3.0, which, from what I can tell so far, includes a few updated icons, a few new toggles in the notification bar, and allows users to add/remove homepages. The bad news? App organization is now even less convenient than it was with TouchWiz 2.1, at least in Grid view. Whereas the old TouchWiz at least had the apps in alphabetical order, the new version scatters them all over the place in a seemingly random order (they are still in alphabetical order when you switch to "List View").

Still, overall, I don't think there's really an argument here – whether you're planning on updating now using the instructions above or waiting for the official OTA to roll out, you've got a lot to look forward to. And now for some screenshots:

Edited by dkaile

Updated screen shot -

xw8.png

This update will -

- Not touch any of your data, apps, sms etc. and all will be retained as it is

First thing you need to do is transfer all compatible apps to your sd card -

By default, apps will continue to be installed on internal memory storage, however a quick visit to the list of applications in the Settings menu offers one touch to move the app to SD Card. Thus they are playable just fine from the SD Card. Now user storage for apps and games will only be limited to the storage of the SD Card purchased.

Note: Not all apps are compatible with apps to sd; and only compatible apps will show this clickable button (in rest this button will be greyed out) -

Android-2.2-Install-Android-Apps-to-SD-Card.jpg

My phone getting restarted after the update dont know the reason !!! SOS :confuse:

^^

The above instructions worked perfectly for NON rooted phones (though it has worked properly even for rooted phones) on official rom with last latest update i.e. DI18 via the update.zip file; if you were on any other rom/update/version of android then you needed to have used the tar method as listed on xda...

Edited by dkaile

was your rom updated to DI18 or was it still on DI07? also check whether you downloaded the file correctly or re-download...

Yes It got updated bro...but i identified the problem....TDW Launcher was the villian....I uninstalled it within the restart time and then went for a System Restart. Viola Its working fine. Thanks alot Dhiraji ji :signthankspin:

Edited by harismahesh

Updated and rooted :)

One click root method works on this :)

some gps issues are being reported with this update; kindly check and revert...

Updated to Froyo this morning and a few things I would like to warn to potential updaters who have yet to make the jump from eclair for the upgrade. Please note that after upgrade, the gps is totally dead and so far I have be unable to tweak GPS Test settings either to see if it can be resolved from within there. If you have ADW Launcher loaded, it crashes the phone and a hard reboot is necessary, so as of now I have uninstalled ADW and things are fine. So far no resolution yet on the GPS problem, the gps toggle indicator in the notification bar is also not showing up in spite of the GPS being switched on, so I'm sure the function is totally broke presently.

Will post updates as and when resolution for the problem is available.

So for now, if you guys are dependent on GPS for certain routine activities, I would advise you to defer the update to Froyo till such time when a solution to thee GPS problem is arrived at.

Edited by Anupe
  • Like 1

^

GPS dead? Follow this topic, till we get a resolution - http://forum.xda-dev...ad.php?t=861373

edit -

Flashing DI18, getting a lock, then flashing DK28 again, WORKED and fixed my GPS!

I am able to get a fast accurate lock. smile.gif A bit much of work, but I'm glad its working somewhat again.

Edited by dkaile

yes same here had to flash back to DI18 get a lock then flash DK28 now locks real fast