Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
rajanmehta

Mobile Number Portability (MNP): Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

^^^ put on their facebook page and also on twitter. Sure they will work. Also try on PG Portal about your grievance. I once did not received code on RGSM and when I contacted customer care, code was given immediately over the phone.

• Like 1

@varunpatel

Besides complaining as advised above, also check whether the phone from which you're sending the portout request SMS has any SMS signature. If Yes, remove it. This also used to generate error earlier with nokia handsets.
  • Like 1

@ Chiragbhai- Thanks for your inputs.

I will try the Facebook and twitter thing. I haven't dont it yet.

However, 2 days back I already raised a complaint on PG Portal but as per my understanding PG portal takes long time for getting a solution sometimes more then a month. In the past I have used PG portal multiple times, and everytime the problem has been resolved through pgportal so that is the last hope as of now.

@Rajanbhai - Thanks for your inputs.

I knew about the signature thing but my phone has signature disabled. I have tried to generate request both from by Galaxy S3 and old Nokia E71 and I receive the same reply.

One other strange thing is when I send SMS like MYPLAN to 55444, I get a revert saying "Dear User, Your request could not be processed as you ared not a valid user".

This leads me to think there might be some Technical error in the Reliance system for my number and that might be creating the entire problem. Everything else seems to be OK.

Try to get new SIM for your number. But beware, if they ask you to fill CAF then don't do it otherwise you will not be allowed to port for another 3 months, citing 90 days lock in period. Also check your details on Reliance anroid app, InstaCare or registered on their site, myservices.relianceada.com

@वरुण क्या आपके खाते में पर्याप्त राशी बैलेंस है।

एक बार मेरे mts में बैलेंस नहीं होने के कारन sms

नहीं हो रहा था।

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

@Vijayji,

Mine is a Postpaid number and the funds are already in credit so that can surely not be the problem.

I tried to get my sim changed today but still the same problem persists.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Need help as I searched everywhere on net but no help.I ported my number from airtel to reliance 2 week back and from day one I have no network in my home.i have mailed everywhere from support to management of reliance and the answer is same that they cant do anything so now im stuck with no network for 90 days as per rule of mnp.please guide what should I do.Cannot change number.can I complaint trai or somewhere else so that I can change my network.

Any time porting new operator check network at ur home an office.

It is very difficult to convince reliance for network coverage

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

If you are on rel gsm then try manual selection of network and try to latch on aircel or docomo. Reliance has all india agreement for intra circle cug with aircel n docomo, may be it can help a little.

Yes, TRAI has sent papers to DoT for approval, if that gets approved, inter state MNP will be a thing of past in 6 months' time.

The practical problems i faced at a roaming location:

1. They cant swap ur sim

2. Even brand store won't help u if you have problem with your number.

3. It hardly matters to the company whether you are a platinum member, at the new location they will assign u a meager limit of 1300 .

4. If you face network issue at the roaming location, they wont help you.

Overall free roaming has its minuses.

So unless unified license thing comes, i don't think the scenario will change.

Sent from my RM-885_im_india_249 using Tapatalk

Hi,

I have one query regarding the waiting period for Mobile portability.

One week before I made a mobile portability from Aircel to Idea Cellular. I am not happy with network coverage provided by Idea i.e., I am receiving internet speed of 15 -20Kbps and because of the low speed I am fed up with this carrier. Now will I be able to go for mobile portability to BSNL. Does the Mobile portability rule says that even if you are not satisfied the carrier we have to wait for 90 days. Is there any resolution for this. Kindly advice me as I don't know how to pose question through proper order in this forum.

Awaiting for your reply.

Regards
Venkatesan. T

Hi

As far as I know you will be allowed to port back only after 90days.

Exceptions will be there when your current operator closes its service, like uninor did and subscribers were allowed to port out even before 90days

Sent from my RM-885_im_india_249 using Tapatalk

Hello Friends,

I have facing problem porting out of RCDMA.

I messaged port <mobilenumber> to 1900.

and i get a reply from 1901 that "This service is temporarily unavailable."

I called customer care and they say that i haven't sent any message.

I have tried this many time and have got the same reply.

Can anyone help.

Regards,

Phpsc

even the customer care can give you the port no. I got it from them when i was porting out from reliance as i did not get any confirmation after sending the port out request.

I send so many times sms to 1900 for porting code but reliance not sending me the porting code, i complaint to customer care so many times but they are also not solve my problem ...pls don't trouble me reliance team pls send me my porting code pls,i did every settings that your customer care told me ...pls don't trouble me solve my problem

It is a well known thing, that ChoRCom blocks the SMS from 1901 (the response SMS with UPC or Unique Port Code after sending SMS to 1900). But once we call the CC, they will tell the code verbally, at least.. If they are still NOT giving you the code, then its better to complain them on pgportal, saying "RCom blocking PORT sms"..

There is a reason they are called as ChoRCom. They have the cheapest tariff plans in industry (even cheaper than Jio), shares the JIO 4G network, but still, they are the NUMBERO UNO in losing customers every month via MNP (that is even after blocking port SMS). Because they are Chor.

• Like 1