Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
rajanmehta

Dual Sim Motorola Milestone XT 800

updates on my overclocked 1GHz processor , i changed the voltage to 65vsel and battery life has risen considerably.I tried at 60vsel but it rebooted. seems 63-65 is apt ...

Hi,

Since you have been using this mobile.. would like to know if we can upgrade the installed OS Android 2.1 to 2.2 or 2.3.. Do let me know if its possible.. as I am thinking of buying this phone but OS 2.1 is a big deterrent in the whole decision buying process...

Thanks.

Hey!!

You can upgrade this on 2.2 froyo.

There are some Chinese roms available .You just have to mod them and remove Chinese apps by titanium backup.

If you need this phone pm me.

updates on my overclocked 1GHz processor , i changed the voltage to 65vsel and battery life has risen considerably.I tried at 60vsel but it rebooted. seems 63-65 is apt ...

Hi,

Since you have been using this mobile.. would like to know if we can upgrade the installed OS Android 2.1 to 2.2 or 2.3.. Do let me know if its possible.. as I am thinking of buying this phone but OS 2.1 is a big deterrent in the whole decision buying process...

Thanks.

if you are waiting for an official upgrade, i doubt thats gonna happen inspite the phone listed here

https://supportforums.motorola.com/community/manager/softwareupgrades

MOTOGLAM XT800 (Korea) Initial rollout of upgrade to Android 2.2 planned for Q2 2011

seems they are busy with other models now. No doubt XT800 is under clocked and has potential, but i dont see moto spending too much effort on an old model.

You can google and find many rom's but they wud be in chinese/korean lingo so its gonna be difficult.

yes, available in letsbuy and other online sites as well.

yeah, only 910 was released, thats gsm :(

yeah, only 910 was released, thats gsm :(

So How about Motorola Milestone XT 800? Would that be a good idea to go for it though it has low clock 550MHz? And what is the present price for it?

the only issue is internal memory since u cannot use apps2sd on it. i dont think moto plans to release an update to 2.2 even thou it finds a mention in their upgrade list. If this gets 2.2, the phone will be equal to any 20k plus phone in market.

And this phone is the only option available as of now for CDMA evdo + GSM edge with android. For people like me who are stuck with CDMA and dont want to buy imported/ w/o warranty phones, it cant get any better.

If ur not in gaming ( since gaming apps require a lot of mb's) , this is a very good phone. U can root it with one click and enjoy all root apps etc. Just got to manage ur apps and the phone does not disappoint.

You mean apps cannot be installed on memory card? by the way what is phone's actual free memory left for us to use for apps. Though i'm not in gaming still i fear internal memory would not able to suffice my needs.

i dont remember exactly but out of the box it offers around 150mb, i may be conservative thou.

i did a total, its about 170 -175mb

^^^

Thanks for the information. well... i like this hand set still getting confused in making decision as i came across LG Fathom i believe which is also dual sim or CDMA.

Edited by Honest
<< Quote Removed >>

Does this phone have wifi tethering? Can we use it as wifi hotspot? If yes, then what is the battery consumption while wifi sharing is on?

not as wifi hotspot but u can use apps from market for USB Tethering

Use barnacle wifi tether from android market for free..., but your phone must be rooted...

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the info. I am not a technical person. Does rooting of phone create any possible problem? Can I do rooting myself or will i need help from a professional?

read this thread from the first page, if you own the same phone as the thread title, u;ll find all answers in here