Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
rajanmehta

Dual Sim Motorola Milestone XT 800

My wife gave me XT800 on my birthday.

After using LG 3600 (3 years) and Karbonn (2 years), this feels like haven :)

I faced a typical problem yesterday. Wasn't able to download any App from Android Market. But was able to solve the problem.

Right now, I am facing a new problem. The phone charges with a micro usb charger. I used the original charger day before yesterday and it charged properly. Assuming that all micro usb chargers are same, I used LG's micro USB charger last night (because LG has long wire) and I checked that the phone was showing that it was being charged. In the morning I came to office and when checked the phone was not ON. It seems that the phone didnt charge last night. I tried Jawbone's micro USB by connecting it to my laptop to charge this mobile. But the display is not coming up. Right now, I dont have the original charger.

Does this mean all the micro USB chargers not same ?

Have I killed my phone's charging mechanism by exposing it to a wrong charger for long time ?

Does this mean all the micro USB chargers not same ?

Have I killed my phone's charging mechanism by exposing it to a wrong charger for long time ?

Faulty chargers are primary reason for killing smartphone touchscreen. If you persist with such charger long enough, chances are brighter for your touchscreen RIP. However don't lose hope yet. Generally it will be all right once you plug the correct original charger. If you need an additional Micro USB charger, buy chargers like this Samsung Original at just 275 bucks >> http://www.flipkart....da-6ec93fed54c5

It works flawlessly with most phones.

Thanks Rajanbhai. However, the charger is not faulty, I still use it to charge the LG and Blackberry phones without any problem.

I hope the phone will start working in the evening.

But the lesson I learnt is that all micro USB chargers are not same.

Just checked the rating on LG charger : Output 5.6V 0.4A, The samsung charger for which you gave link is 0.7A. - I guess, higher ampere is required for Motorola too.

Edited by MOBILE FAN

The phone got started instantly when plugged in with original charger !

nice to hear that mobile fan. recently i was travelling and used a micromax charger to charge my xt800, it did charge but screen became unresponsive. I had never faced any issues with BB chargers thou.

After removing the charger, the problem disappeared. From then on I decided never to try any other phones charger.

Finally rooted this device with http://www.addictive...al-androot-app/

cud not hv been easier. Now lets me root / unroot in one click :)

now next task is to overclock it

Tried to download UniversalAndroot-1.6.2-beta5 but TREND MICRO OfficeScan blocked it citing "Dangerous" Risk Level. Can anybody check it with virus scanner and find what is wrong with the file ? Should I still download it (on other machine where OfficeScan is not installed) and put it on my mobile ?

Update:

Searched about the AndroidOS_LOTOOR.C and variants detecte by TREND. And found that it steals the IMEI and IMSI numbers along with device type. Complete article is here

Conclusion: the file is really infected with virus/malware.

@Nitin, be careful.

Let me know if anybody is having uninfected version of this file.

Edited by MOBILE FAN

i am using it since last 6 months !!!!

^^^^

Downloaded this file. But still TREND MICRO OfficeScan notifies of virus/malware.

Should we expect that a program which roots kernel of an OS be detected as virus ? Then, it should be the expected behavior.

I know that you are using it. As per the article, it doesnt hamper anything but steals your IMEI number etc and uploads it to some server. The only problem with this is that the IMEI number can be misused or c.l.o.n.x.d.

yeah, try it, it cud be a false trigger.

Nice lesson learned about usage of chargers other than the specified ones. Till now me too thought the same, if output (Volt / Amp) of any two chargers are same then they can be used

in place of each other. But that is not true in all cases.

Thanks!

does the above link has upgrade for xt 800 ?

no, waste

They removed xt800 from their upgrade page https://forums.motorola.com/pages/00add97d6c

only xt800w is up gradable to 2.2

sad coz this phone cud be overclocked to 1 MHZ. i think the ram was an issue.

Dear Brothers,

Sir maine abhi flipkart se Motorola XT800 buy kiya hai. me Reliance Cdma Postpaid customer hu. but me iss phone se 3way confrence & Internet use nahi kar paa raha hu. Please help me.

settings > dual sim settings > cdma access points > reliance >username ur phone number without 0 , password same as username

ur ready to browse :)

for 3 way talking, when u are on a call, u get option to add a call on the screen itself, cant get easier than that.

nitink ji, Thank you very much. Internet connect ho gaya. you are great.

Sir lekin me 3way confrence nahi kar pa raha hu. CC & Appeelet authority ko bhi kai baar call or email kar chuka hu. lekin abhi tak meri problem solve nahi hui hai.

maine jo mail kiya hai wo ye hai..

Res. Sir,

Sir aap meri samasya ko samajh hi nahi pa rahe hai. Me aapka 7-8 years

se postpaid customer hu. Mere number par call confrence ki facility

allready activate hai, & me apne old Nokia 6275 se hamesha 3 way conference

ka use karta rahta hu, but ye facility aapki taraf se MOTOROLA XT800

MILESTONE phone me activate nahi hai. Jabki ye facility MTS & TATA

DOCOMO CDMA Company ki taraf se is handset me uplabdh hai. Please meri problem jaldi solve

kar dijiye.

cc has nothing to do with a 3 way conference since its an inbuilt phone feature.

How to do conference call on Motorola milestone XT800? I am Reliance CDMA Postpaid user. Please help me.

2 users having similar issues.. identical handsets, identical plans.. but ...... :detective:

Is conference working on XT800?

always worked for me

Hi, where are the chinese ROM's available? would be great of you could point me to some URL's, and if possible the procedure for updating the OS.

Thanks a ton

^^^^

Downloaded this file. But still TREND MICRO OfficeScan notifies of virus/malware.

Should we expect that a program which roots kernel of an OS be detected as virus ? Then, it should be the expected behavior.

I know that you are using it. As per the article, it doesnt hamper anything but steals your IMEI number etc and uploads it to some server. The only problem with this is that the IMEI number can be misused or c.l.o.n.x.d.

on microsoft.com

Technical Information (Analysis)

Exploit:Unix/Lotoor is a detection for specially-crafted Android programs that attempt to exploit vulnerabilities in the Android operating system to gain root privilege.

Installation

Exploit:Unix/Lotoor is dropped and installed by TrojanSpy:AndroidOS/DroidDream.A. Once installed, the exploit is present as the following names:

rageagainstthecage

exploid

Payload

Allows root access

When run, Exploit:Unix/Lotoor allow a remote attacker to gain administrator privilege to the device running Android operation system.

Connects to a remote website

Exploit:Unix/Lotoor decrypts the name of a remote server provided by TrojanSpy:AndroidOS/DroidDream.A such as "184.105.245.17". The server address is used to send user identifiable data from the affected mobile device.

Additional Information

For more information about TrojanSpy:AndroidOS/DroidDream.A, see the description elsewhere in the encyclopedia.

seems apple is doing a bit of negative publicity for android :P: