Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums

54 members have voted

1. 1. I will use...

• Intel
    • AMD

I am starting this topic, as many of us come across this question, intel vs AMD? which is better? Why?

I search for it, but nothing was clear. even our Rimweb, there is no clear indication. now i think should help everyone to decide.

I also came across this question one one of my friends asked me which one to use. AMD is cheaper and on net, as usual, you can find Pros and Cons for both. it becomes really difficult which one to use. till date i've used Intel. However, I know people who have used AMD but for office purpose and are happy.

i want your opinion:

1. Which is better? Intel or AMD

2. Why it is better?

3. Recommended CPU for home, office, gaming, designing etc.

MODS: IF THIS IS ISSUE IS DISCUSSED, THEN PLS DELETE IT.

Everyone will have a different opinion, just depends on what your budget and requirement is.

Personally i have been using AMD for over 10 years now and never faced any issues. Cost wise it gives good bang for the buck. Go or any quad core processor it is good for home, office use and gaming.

Yeah. And money you save buying amd, you can buy a decent graphics card for your gaming need.

For laptop I wud go for intel. Less heating than amd

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

For laptop I wud go for intel. Less heating than amd

Standard Misconception... But it's just that... A Misconception!!!

Standard Miss conception... But it's just that... A Miss conception!!!

I corrected your miss - Spelt words

Intel have better marketing hence most people tend to go for it. It is like Cadbury for chocolate. But very few people know Kraft is a bigger brand than Cadbury with better products (now Kraft has bought Cadbury). Similarly AMD is a good but often underrated performer. It is better value for money. I am saying this even though have used Intel only but read and know AMD is quite capable product.

I've used both.

Amd gives head on competition to intel. During pentium 2/3 days. Amd's cpu archetect were advanced than intel's.

Then intel intrudeced super 7 socket processors with their pentium4. Similar as amd.

Previously they used slot1 or whatever it was called.

But no doubt amd produce more heat than intel.

tried n tested. Many yrs ago tho during days of intel pentium4 HT( hyper threading)

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Used both intel and amd in the past

and by my own experience i can safely say INTEL is more reliable

when i tried the latest black edition from amd last year , man despite getting a top notch hardware setup to support it , i was disappointed .

way too much heat

since 2nd day the cpu fan was running on 100% and the sound was unbearable,

and then the ever annoying issue of freezing was there since 6th day.

had to littereally throw it on the face of my vendor.

opted for a more expensive intel i5 structure and i am very very happy , no heating issues, super duper quite and extremely reliable .

INTEL is ACE ( as far as Indian conditions go ).

regards

Intel and Amd both are good. Although I used Intel only from the last 14 years and never had major issues with Intel. :)

Used AMD (desktop) for quite a long time with zero issues. Though I cannot comment on performance with equivalent Intel proccies. But that would depend on individual models. If cheaper, and performance is similar or better, I would not hesitate to go for AMD.

One of my lappies runs on amd and the other on intel; only difference is that the amd one is "half" the cost... dont see any difference in performance or heating etc... go for amd if you get a good deal... and in the graphics part amd is a step ahead of intel...

Till now i have only used intel, never faced any issue but looking at possibility to go with AMD this time, looked at the benchmark performance and was surprised to see that a quad core intel i5 easily beats AMD X6 in many benchmark, and yes power consumption of intel processors were lesser that AMD at idle

Very Very Vague Topic

If you want Most Energy Efficient Processor to save your UPS and AC Cooling and Money = AMD Brazos Platform- E350 CPU $ 147 Motherboard + Processor

If you want Most Energy Efficient Processor to save your UPS and AC Cooling but wilt more Power = Intel Core i3 - 2100T $ 157 Processor $ 150 Motherboard

If you want Cheaper Gaming Machine Without Power and Cooling Efficiency = AMD Athlon Black Edition with ATI Graphics Card

If you want Cheaper Gaming Machine with Media Faster Transcoding (Conversion from mkv to mp4) without Power and Cooling Efficiency = AMD Athlon Black Edition with nVidia Cude Based Graphics and PureCodec 2008

If you want Top of the line CPU Core i7 with ATI 6xxx Series GPU NO Money Limits

If you want 3D Compatible Monitor Buy any Monitor with Least Response time and above 120 hz Frequency and nVidia 3D Compatible Card

AMD is always Cheaper but Less Energy Efficient in some case and some how outdated but Price is accordingly

Intel is Sometime more Cutting Edge but Expensive

Intel have 4 Socket types = So if you current 1156 Burned out just in case you will find hard time to match in Future

AMD have only 1 AM3 Socket in Motherboard and Desktop since 3 year and next 2 years so very very easy to replace motherboard or CPU and become more Future Proof

• Like 2

Now there are 2 Lines in CPU

CPU vs APU

AMD Brazos and Intel Sandy Bridge line of Processor have Built in GPU

AMD E350 APU = 2 CPU + 1 GPU + 1 South Bridge + 1 North Bridge

Intel Sandy Bridge APU = 2 CPU + 1 GPU

APU = CPU + GPU + other Chipset in Built

APU is made to save Power + Space + Cooler then Current CPU + Save Money

it depends on model level for some processors AMD is far better then intel. AMD are more power hungry as compared to intel. but as far as 64bit architect is concerned AMD is much better then intel. this difference can be seen when you are using the 64 bit OS and doing some heavy calculation/processing.

in nutshell choice between AMD and intel depends upon budget and the exact requirements

If you want to buy net book go for AMD Neo Processor but if you want to buy proper notebook then go for Intel core 3 or 5 processor.

what is your purpose ? For every day computing and gaming go in for AMD. Remember to invest in a good Power Supply unit and a reliable motherboard. Also take care in choosing cabinet.

:previous:

i have clearly asked (in my 1st post of the topic) which one you use for different scenario..

AMD is my 1st choice. Have been using 2 laptops with AMD. No Issues at all.

Also for heating issues check the way you use your system. For laptops, We usually use them kept on bed, which blocks the way for Air to pass hence causing it to heat. :)

If you want to buy net book go for AMD Neo Processor but if you want to buy proper notebook then go for Intel core 3 or 5 processor.

Dnot Buy NEO Now Buy AMD E350 Based NetBook

Preferebly

ASUS Eee Pad 1215B

HP gave almost all details so no need to repeat itWell I am fan of AMD from my starting days of PC,

But sold Intel more while doing business.

Just build the monster rig for a project @ Bangalore

AMD X6 1100T 3.3Ghz L2=3MB L3=6MB AM3 / 125W

ASUS Crosshair IV extreme

8GB corsair XMS DDR-3

1TB - WD Caviar Black

2 nos of ATI Radeon HD 6850

Crosair TX 750 (SMPS)

Cooler Master Hyder N620 (CPU Cooler)

Cooler Master Cabinet

AMD Rocks !!!

^^

Hitesh bhai, hum mortal aisa PC banwaye to kitne ki chot lagegi :D