Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
joshm

Buying a new car? Discuss here!

congrats..

is it petrol or diesel?

please post some sort of review after few days..

congratulations on your uber cool, looks awesome in this shade, a friend also got same shade for his i20 diesel sports version.Do share your reviews on your ride and what deals u were offered and got for your ride .

As requested, I am writing a micro review of i20. I got diesel and already mentioned its Magna version. Till date I could not lay my hands on it. This weekend, I got a chance to drive and that too good 200+ kms.

what i liked:

1. good pick up
  2. nice AC
  3. good interiors and decent stereo player.
  4. it has Aux and USB connectors
  5. gear change indicator for better millage. but you cant continuously look at it and drive.

what i don't liked:

1. no driver seat height adjustment.
  2. I found gear stick little longer
  3. on high speed, steering wheel seems very responsive and car feels very light. it takes away all the pleasure
  4. I also found that whenever car goes over small pothole or some thing else, you feel as if its skidding. this happens even at 60 km/h. in fact i stopped couple of times just to check whether there is any problem with tyres.

I am yet to refuel and get the millage as when I started tank was 3/4 and when returned it was little over 1/4.

I will say it might be good for city and traffic but will not suggest for highways/expressways.

Edited by csmart
  • Like 2

I have i20 sportz Petrol, purchased this year july.

Everything is fine, except the pickup in uphill(second gear). This problem exists in all i20's have checked with showroom and mechanics. This problem also exists in i20 diesel.

Please suggest 7 seater,

Budget is 16 lakh,

Innova :-)

Innova is best

Xylo is also good option

sent from beast

Agree with kshah.. Innova will be the best and then XUV 500 from Mahindra. I am not sure about XUV in the long run.

Top end Aria can also be considered,

Please suggest 7 seater, Budget is 16 lakh,

Mahindra Rexton is the Best choice.. Backed up my Mahindra Service. If you are looking for 5 Seater SUV go for Renault Duster 110 bhp version, Its too good

After posting my quick comment, I would elaborate this way

7 seat and passenger comfort priority

1. Aria 2. Innova 3. XUV 500

Equipment & style priority

1. XUV 2. Aria 3> Innova

Safety and stability priority (am I stirring hornet nest by this classification?)

1. XUV 2. Aria 3. Innova

Reliability + maintenance priority

1. Innova 2. XUV 3. Aria

Resale priority

1. Innova 2. XUV 3. Aria

Please suggest between Alto 800 and Eon, also suggest the best variant for each please.

^^^ I will prefer Maruti over Hyundai. i20 is my 4th Hyundai and I feel it is just hyped. When you compare Maruti with Hyundai, I iwll say its much better. However EON looks slicker and stylish compare to Alto 800.

If features are your priority and comfort second than go for Mahindra XUV

If comfort is your priority than Toyota Innova is unbeatable.

Is there any problem with mahindra XUV 500

like engine problem (bad online reviews)

Bubling problem over 120 speed

Have short listed 1 innova 2 xuv 500

Mehoolbhai,

3 gadiyo ka kya karoge? :blink::blink:

1 innova aur 2 xuv

Just kidding.. One of my friends has bought xuv last month n is satisfied though 1 month is lot less to conclude...

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

In the long run i will suggest Innova will be better. XUV is also good but no idea what happens after 2-3 years. Please do thorough research before buying it.

Also stuck between this two, innova and xuv

Innova any day

Eyes closed.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Innova is good in performance and on paper but I don't like its looks compared to XUV.. And XUV is more value for money according to me..

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

innova is better than XUV500.

the material used in XUV500 is not of great quality, specially front bumper is very plasticky.

also long term life of innova must be better than XUV.

If you have the cash then Innova is definitely better than XUV.. And I know this from the employees of a major auto manufacturer..

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

Hello and happy new yr !

My big bro is getting hitched in few months and he is considering buying a new car.. He is in two minds whether to go for a sedan or a luxury MPV (smaller SUVs).

He has shortlisted Hyundai Verna and Honda City among sedans and Renault Duster among SUVs. he is more inclined towards the Duster due to the killer looks. However I browsed few websites and found that user reviews for the car are average at most. most prominent compalints are lack of security features and not so well made/designed interiors. On the other hand most of the car magazines and reviewers have given it a positive review.

Does anyone here has a renault duster who can give his views on the car? I'd really appreciate that !

Cheers

Dev

When compared to the Verna and the City, the Duster scores better. Though not an exceptional product but still better than the other two overall, and its a diesel.