Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
joshm

Buying a new car? Discuss here!

TATA Innova :eek:

shreesh - TATA has Innova's kid named as Nano :P

Tatota Indicova.

:lol2: very well said.

i am looking for a 2nd hand car to convert into cng i am ok with both sedan and hatchback

average use is 900-1000 km a month

my friend suggested a honda city is more suitable to cng conversion is it true or which are the models with better results for CNG conversion

currently i am using a wagonR LXi petrol since march 2007

waiting for valuable suggestions

I have used cng for 100000 kms and found that almost all Italian cng kits are good. In ahmedabad cng is very expensive hence it do not turn out to be economical.

Premium cars require expensive maintenance in cng. However if you need boot space that sedan is only option with cng.

I use Maruti Alto K10 series converted to cng..

I get a very good milage.. Even the cng service center is surprised with 1 Re a km average..

My monthly usage is around 2500kms.. Been using the kit since a year..

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

One rupee a km is unbelievable, since even todays' two Wheelers eat more money per km... (even though the two Wheelers run by petrol)

Sent from my Razr MAXX using Tapatalk2

Not with almost 55 per kg gas price. :-)

I think rest of India cng prices are less than 40 a kg. In ahmedabad it its 53 per kg.

If 40 rs rate of cng than avg. Is 40km/kg good avg.

Sent from my HTC S710d using Tapatalk 2

i am looking for a 2nd hand car to convert into cng i am ok with both sedan and hatchback

average use is 900-1000 km a month

my friend suggested a honda city is more suitable to cng conversion is it true or which are the models with better results for CNG conversion

currently i am using a wagonR LXi petrol since march 2007

waiting for valuable suggestions

I have used cng for 100000 kms and found that almost all Italian cng kits are good. In ahmedabad cng is very expensive hence it do not turn out to be economical.

Premium cars require expensive maintenance in cng. However if you need boot space that sedan is only option with cng.

is there any increase in maintenance charges in comparision to petrol car

does it reduce the resale value of the car

for a monthly usage of 900-1000 kms does is really save money over a period of time

j p shah

I have experienced that engine performance decline faster with cng , however it does not deteriorate so much that require engine reconditioning.

Resale value of petrol car in general is less, so can not comment. Ideally conversion cost is about 50 to 60 k, and 1kg of cng runs about 1.5 times 1 liter of petrol. So you can calculate your break even

Modern engine are robust but sensitive and cheap retrofitter temper with wiring which is not desirable. Because ECU of mid segment car cost more than 35 k, more for premium cars. Tempered wiring can cause ecu failures.

Can anybody throw light on Mahindra Quanto? Looking for 5 to 7 Lakh car, strictly diesel and will be used in city, congested area. Bro is keen for Quanto and I am against it. I read review on Team BHP and not that satisfied with it. I have suggested i20 and Liva. In fact looking for 2 cars so one will be sure i20. NO Maruti as being used too many. Looking for something different.

Can anybody throw light on Mahindra Quanto? Looking for 5 to 7 Lakh car, strictly diesel and will be used in city, congested area. Bro is keen for Quanto and I am against it. I read review on Team BHP and not that satisfied with it. I have suggested i20 and Liva. In fact looking for 2 cars so one will be sure i20. NO Maruti as being used too many. Looking for something different.

If it is for city runs,

Do have a look at Figo, Micra, Pulse

This 3 cars are having least/No turbo lag and good for city drives.

On the other hand cars with Fiat MJD Engine significant amount of Turbo lag is present which is a pain in city driving

Liva is a good car but cost cutting is visible and not a great build

@Sudharshan thanx for the reply. Micra/Pulse are the same only badge is different. However will look into it..

If it is for city runs,

Do have a look at Figo, Micra, Pulse

This 3 cars are having least/No turbo lag and good for city drives.

On the other hand cars with Fiat MJD Engine significant amount of Turbo lag is present which is a pain in city driving

Liva is a good car but cost cutting is visible and not a great build

I20 is an excellent choice both in diesel & petrol.

Figo got excellent diesel engine. but checking after sales service in ur area is a must

@Sudharshan thanx for the reply. Micra/Pulse are the same only badge is different. However will look into it..

I own a micra and I suggest it's a good car looks small but is quite spacious

And has a big engine I finalised after testing

1)polo(gr8 build quality but cramped back seat)

2) figo( don't like the interiors but engine is good)

3)I 20( very spacious but it's very big for narrow roads and the new I 20 doesn't look good as old)

4)skoda fabia( best in class

Comfort luxury and built but skoda service is not good here)

so finalised with micra as it is spacious, engine is powerfull comes loaded with features and steering is lightest of all above cars and easy for city driving.

only problem I find is low ground clearance and idle engine vibration. Hope this helps selecting your car

Chennai folks !!! Quick Question on Ford car service

Hey I am planning to pickup the Figo Titanium Diesel ... Could you please help me with the after sales services of ford in chennai ...

Between can you all tell me if I am going for the correct car :)

Chennai has Ford Mfg unit also.. So why are you worrying about service (even RARE parts availability is NOT going to be an issue) ?

Even here in Madurai, Ford service is good..

• Like 1

Thanks any idea if they are giving any kind of offers on the new figo

Sent from my SCH-I905 using Tapatalk 2

Bought Hyundai Verna SX Manual Diesel. Purple colour. Amazing pickup. Got the delivery yesterday

Purple%20Fantasia.jpg

• Like 3

awesome car..! awesome color..!!

@killthedope

I got my Figo Titanium Diesel in June'10 from Chennai Ford

Best & VFM, gives good millage on high ways. Talk bargain to get free third year warranty. Yet to spend for any maintenance - touch wood :)

First surprise got when they gave a Bill for about Rs.1500 after the first paid service. Charges were for consumables, it is also written in the booklet.

Prompt reminders will be given by them for service dues. They contact you for feedback on the service done but even if you make a complaint against the service done, they will not get back to you later!

Don't expect a Royal treatment at the Dealer point's service stations - in Ford currently lowest model is Figo & over populated. Capacity of the particular service centre remains the same but branches increased at different odd locations.

We need to check each point discussed when giving for servicing & while taking delivery.

I paid Rs.6,23,000 on road in Jun'10 - how much it costs now?

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

Edited by admirer2000

Will be taking test drive tommrrow.

Sent from my SCH-I905 using Tapatalk 2

Bought Hyundai Verna SX Manual Diesel. Purple colour. Amazing pickup. Got the delivery yesterday

Chirag, Did you try the diesel auto version ? I need an automatic and a diesel and there's only verna in this range.

Edited by ami1

@Amitabh I didn't try automatic as my family is against it. I also personally prefer driving manual. I think even automatic should also be good. Auto is good in heavy traffic area and on highway manual gives you more control.

@Aalok thanx for the compliments...