Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
joshm

Buying a new car? Discuss here!

If you are talking about this product, have used it and the result is not satisfactory.. best is to use water pressure and soft cloth, preferably cotton, as and when required..

wiper_cleaner._car-home-office-glass-cle

If you are talking about this product, have used it and the result is not satisfactory.. best is to use water pressure and soft cloth, preferably cotton, as and when required..

wiper_cleaner._car-home-office-glass-cle

Aalok Bhai I mean this producthttp://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NTkzWDEwMjQ=/z/l~8AAOxyd5tRzDsx/$(KGrHqZ,!roFG6ktTf7hBRzDs)rI3w~~60_12.JPG

both the products are same, i believe.. maybe from different manufacturers.. on the other side of sponge wiper, there is rubber wiper..

The best way is to first wipe off the dust with dry soft cloth and then with water and soft cloth.

Few years ago,

I've seen drivers cleaning windshield with tobacco and water and then wiping it off with newspaper. I've absolutely no idea what impact whether good/harmful it has on windscreen. Try it at your own risk..

The best way is to first wipe off the dust with dry soft cloth and then with water and soft cloth.

Few years ago,

I've seen drivers cleaning windshield with tobacco and water and then wiping it off with newspaper. I've absolutely no idea what impact whether good/harmful it has on windscreen. Try it at your own risk..

Chirag never ever try newspapers they cause more harm than good.Coarse material of paper causes marks on windshield.Newspaper a strict NO NO

tabacco and water trick is mostly used by truck drivers dont know exact reason but they say dust and water dont stick on glass and driving at night is comfortable

Newspaper provide added shine n slippery ness due to its ink. its keep rain water away .. gr8 when u lost ur viper in middle of no where at dead nite .. u can drive in rain by this trick.. happened with my friend

Sent from my Moto Photon 4g using Taptalk2

Newspaper provide added shine n slippery ness due to its ink. its keep rain water away .. gr8 when u lost ur viper in middle of no where at dead nite .. u can drive in rain by this trick.. happened with my friend

In Newspaper itself you get an inferior (brown colored not white) is being used.

Also, to avoid water sticking to the windshield & when wiper fails, apart from Tobacco coffee powder is also used.

To avoid scratches on the Windshield, always ensure that the wiper blades are without dust particles and use it with stored windshield (soap) water. When it suddenly rains, allow few showers - i.e. enough rain water to flow on the windshield and then start using the wiper.

Dear all

I am plaaning to buy a sedan class or luv this december The average use is 1100-1200 km per month in mumbai city traffic with occational outings

the budgest is from upto 9-9.5 lakhs max can be streched a little if required the choices considered are

maruti ertiga CNG (wife and kids dont like the looks and are totally against it :-)

Honda city cng or petrol (family is on it) some say ground clearance is a a big issue (if cng is there would like to go for company fitted cng

Toyota ethios petrol

Honda amaze petrol

little used honda city (1-2 year old around 6-7 lakhs)

any suggestions comment welcome

jasmin shah

Wiping dust with anything will result in superfine scratches which reduce gloss or shine of smooth surfaces. It's better to remove dust with water and then wiping residual water with clean and soft cloth.

I am using Jopusa duster for removing dirt from dry car.. i highly recommend it to all my friends..

I am using Jopusa duster for removing dirt from dry car.. i highly recommend it to all my friends..

Vaibhav thanks for the recommendation in the process of buying one but unfortunately Jopasu is fit for dry environment needed something for wet surface.Still getting Jopasu its a real boon to car owners and VFM

Dear all

I am plaaning to buy a sedan class or luv this december The average use is 1100-1200 km per month in mumbai city traffic with occational outings

the budgest is from upto 9-9.5 lakhs max can be streched a little if required the choices considered are

maruti ertiga CNG (wife and kids dont like the looks and are totally against it :-)

Honda city cng or petrol (family is on it) some say ground clearance is a a big issue (if cng is there would like to go for company fitted cng

Toyota ethios petrol

Honda amaze petrol

jasmin shah

Why don't you go for Amaze Diesel ? Filling CNG is a hassle i guess.

Dear all

jasmin shah

You can also consider SKoda Rapid or Ford EcoSports.

Amaze is good car but again ground clearance and climbing hill with 4-5 passengers is problematic in it. So better get test drive and get it confirm.

Dear all

the budgest is from upto 9-9.5  lakhs max  can be streched a little if required   the choices considered are  

Toyota ethios petrol

Honda amaze petrol

jasmin shah

You have a decent budget to go for an auto transmission vehicle. Since you mentioned Mumbai traffic, this would be the wisest thing. Though most people will give you a skeptic and conservative opinion towards it. But let me assure you it's extremely practical to go for it.

You will find AT variant in many cars in India now. My sister and her husband are lawyers in Mumbai and they have an I10 with auto transmission. They both love it.

I would strongly suggest you to test drive one.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

For city traffic auto transmission is a excellent

unless you really want to build your calf muscles of your left leg :P go for manual transmission

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

you can give it a try to nissan micra automatic too ..

i am in same boat.. looking for new car in cpl of months. retiring 2006 alto.. (hoping my tbhp post approved)

Budget is final but choice is not :) (hatchback/compact/sedan) mind vs heart battle going on

my running is more 1200+ a month 60% highway + 40% city so going to be my first diesel
current shortlisted (vento/swift/dezire/duster) .. i know too much confusing ..

dropped the idea of :

1) amaze - like the petrol one but interior is just basic for the price

2) etios - i cant come to term with central place speedometer

3) sunny - to big for family of two

4) micra - i dont want to get stuck in some city due to thin dealer network

will be asking more question in nr future .. keep on giving inputs .

regards

Vaibhav

I enjoy Self-driving the non-automatic car; it is always a pleasure.

• Like 1

you can give it a try to nissan micra automatic too ..

i am in same boat.. looking for new car in cpl of months. retiring 2006 alto.. (hoping my tbhp post approved)

Budget is final but choice is not :) (hatchback/compact/sedan) mind vs heart battle going on

my running is more 1200+ a month 60% highway + 40% city so going to be my first diesel

current shortlisted (vento/swift/dezire/duster) .. i know too much confusing ..

dropped the idea of :

1) amaze - like the petrol one but interior is just basic for the price

2) etios - i cant come to term with central place speedometer

3) sunny - to big for family of two

4) micra - i dont want to get stuck in some city due to thin dealer network

will be asking more question in nr future .. keep on giving inputs .

regards

Vaibhav

Consider Ford Figo too in your current Short listed cars - since you have added Swift - I wish to recommend. It is really VFM in that segment.

• Like 1

I am driving a Skoda Rapid Diesel. Bought it in Feb 2012. Cost me Rs.9.10 lakh on road. Biggest boot ever. Very sturdy car, spacious interior, comfortable and smooth drive.

Definitely worth considering.

Anybody has experience with Force One. The reviews are bad on the net. But the 5guys i know using in Hyderabad has no complaints(I enquired with their drivers). They are using for the last 18 months. I got an offer 7.5L from my client who gone abroad. It is used only for 5 months before he left india. SX model and completed 5000 KM only. Any suggestions with this vehicle.

Which auto transmission vehicle have you owned and for how long?

In order to reach a comparative conclusion.

Which auto transmission vehicle have you owned and for how long?

In order to reach a comparative conclusion.

I have tried Automatic Skoda - Laura (Diesel) for one week, before deciding to continue manual or shift to automatic transmission.

guys

got a honda city SMT iVTech used for 6 months and 6000 odd kms(with good audia and projector lamps leather covers etc) for Rs. 7L

grabbed the offer

paper work will be completed by this week

thanxs for all the advise

jasmin shah

I am driving a Skoda Rapid Diesel. Bought it in Feb 2012. Cost me Rs.9.10 lakh on road. Biggest boot ever. Very sturdy car, spacious interior, comfortable and smooth drive.

Definitely worth considering.

what variant?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk