Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
joshm

Buying a new car? Discuss here!

I am planning to go for a MUV. As on today I have seen maruti ertiga,mahindra xylo, and Innova. I am not satisfied with ertiga. Xylo is looks odd from outside. Innova no problem. Any body can suggest any other model. I have the requirement of minimum 6 seater including driver preferring bucket seats in the middle row with good leg space.

@Amitabh I didn't try automatic as my family is against it. I also personally prefer driving manual. I think even automatic should also be good. Auto is good in heavy traffic area and on highway manual gives you more control.

@Aalok thanx for the compliments...

I have some problem in my wrists (RSI/CTS) so am looking for automatic. Which dealer did you buy from ? Is he good ? I don't have any idea of Hyundai dealers. Only maruti/honda.

Which dealer did you buy from ? Is he good ? I don't have any idea of Hyundai dealers. Only maruti/honda.

I got it through a Finance co. I exchanged my old skoda octavia and he gave me really good deal for that. so i had no option other than buying from him.

Is he good? Yes. He is. This is not the first time I bought a car from him. This would be probably my 10th car in last 10-12 years from him. No hassle and no issues with him. You may have to bargain to get good deal. He got the vehicle form Modi hyundai. If you want I can give you his contact details. PM is you are interested. I had tried the vehicle at Hyundai showroom at Lower Parel, just before Phoenix Mall.

Also automatic should not be a problem but I think its available only in top end version and so cost will be high.

Yesterday had test drive of Mahindra Quanto. Frankly, I did not like it. Its typical Mahindra vehicle with lot of cabin noise. It wobbles a lot, even on nice road and though pick up is good. Myself and my bro were sadden after the test drive. My bro was eager to buy it and after the test drive, his views change. The AC was also not properly functioning. Sales executive said the AC is good but it is problem with this car. We could not verify his claim as they did not had any other vehicle at that time.

So those who are thinking of it, please test drive it before finalising.

The best in class MUV is still Toyota Innova. Though for only city driving one may also consider the 'breadbox' Nissan Evalia.

For city driving and max 4 people on long trip, ertiga too is good. Only problem with ertiga is AC, its weak. Ofcourse ertiga can not be compared with classical MUV like innova or aria for space and comfort.

for those who wants max 5 seater then Duster is good choice.

How about Renault Duster? Petrol version is VFM product.

With the increase in diesel price is it now wise to take a diesel car?it will be running approx 40km per day.I had previously shortlisted figo top model and indica ev2 top model.But with presence of airbags I m now inclined to figo.Plz suggest friends.

Diesel engine is about 20 to 40% more efficient than petrol engines, so even if both fuel price d same diesel would be economical.

yes,but the price is 1l more in diesel,also people say its maintenance cost is higher.If subsidy is removed on diesel just like lpg the equation might change.Any figo owner plz suggest.

I do not agree on maintenance part with new gen engines. Maintenance perception was true for old gen DI or IDI engines.

LPG or CNG are different case.

yes,but the price is 1l more in diesel,also people say its maintenance cost is higher.If subsidy is removed on diesel just like lpg the equation might change.Any figo owner plz suggest.

I do not agree on maintenance part with new gen engines. Maintenance perception was true for old gen DI or IDI engines.

Completely agree, Maintaince cost is almost comparable with petrol cars.

I am driving Figo TDCI from last 1.5 years...

Below are my servicing cost

1st Rs 1600

2nd Rs 1400

Both servicing includes Oil + Oil Filter change

I am also having a Chevy Spark Petrol and normal servicing cost for the same is around Rs.2500-3500

I do not see how maintenance can be equal. The battery for a Diesel may cost you 7000+ as against 3000 or so for petrol (far more masssive for a Diesel).

Pray answer this one!

Edited by sgiitk

Why should that be so? I got my battery changed for a diesel car last month which costed me 3500 - Amaron.

I do not see how maintenance can be equal. The battery for a Diesel may cost you 7000+ as against 3000 or so for petrol (far more masssive for a Diesel).

Pray answer this one!

i said almost equal.

Yes battery will cost more due to higher rating, But the differance is around 1.5K and not 4k+ as you mentioned

also the insurance will cost more due to higher price tag

But what about the service interval?? Most petrol cars still need servicing after every 5K Km or 6 months where as Diesel cars need servicing at 10-15K Km or 1 years

Edited by SUDYEcaZ

Just to update this thread and available options in AT, Ritz-AT VXi Petrol is now available.

If you travel a lot, diesel cars are best suited both practically and economically (even considering maintenance high cost, etc)... If you use the car lot less or it sleeps more than 15 days a month (like my case), Petrol cars are best, imho..

Just to update this thread and available options in AT, Ritz-AT VXi Petrol is now available.

Brio AT is also there

I am planning to go for a MUV. As on today I have seen maruti ertiga,mahindra xylo, and Innova. I am not satisfied with ertiga. Xylo is looks odd from outside. Innova no problem. Any body can suggest any other model. I have the requirement of minimum 6 seater including driver preferring bucket seats in the middle row with good leg space.

if you have not already purchased, u should do TD of the new safari storme.

you will be pleasantly surprised.

Completely agree, Maintaince cost is almost comparable with petrol cars.

I am driving Figo TDCI from last 1.5 years...

Below are my servicing cost

1st Rs 1600

2nd Rs 1400

Both servicing includes Oil + Oil Filter change

I am also having a Chevy Spark Petrol and normal servicing cost for the same is around Rs.2500-3500

thanks.From your user experience please suggest should I go for figo diesel or vista.

Will suggest you to test drive both the cars and decide for yourself.

Vista rear seats are best in class, Boot space is compromised

Where as Figo rear seats are good, Better then Swift/Ritz but not as good as Vista, Boot space is very good. but lacks power window for rear doors and head rest for rear seats.

I preferred Figo Over Vista because of the following reasons

1. Bad experience at Tata Showroom, Nasik. although experience at Pune was ok.

2. Center Console,

3. Plastic quality not upto the mark, They might have changed this. I am not sure

4. Uneven panel gaps

5. Tata after sale, a big question mark

6. Taxi image of car.

7. My previous company was a subsidiary of Tata Motors and I how what they mean by Customer satisfactions

• Like 1

thanks.I m also inclined to figo,can you xplain the ride quailty in figo in city road.Also the tata guys are claiming better fuel efficiency than ford.Is it true?It will be driven almost 50km/day,so mileage matters here.

Edited by krishnendu halder

thanks.I m also inclined to figo,can you xplain the ride quailty in figo in city road.Also the tata guys are claiming better fuel efficiency than ford.Is it true?It will be driven almost 50km/day,so mileage matters here.

MIlage:- Yes Tata will give more due to Fiat engine(1.3MJD). Difference will be around 1-2KM Per liter max. My figo Gives 20+ on highways if driven at proper speed and on city around 14-15 with 100% AC

Ride Quality of Figo is way better than Vista. Ford cars are know for this

Edited by SUDYEcaZ

Go for figo as the only problem with old figo was ground clearance and with the new model they have sorted this issue now its par with swift and the engine is quite peppy unlike other diesel cars and maintenance cost is at par with swift which was a problem with ford cars. U can also look at micra diesel but ground clearance is a problem in micra.

Got Hyundai i20, Magna, Twilight Blue on Monday.

color-twilight-blue-i20_LatestReleased_1_315203_Native%20File.jpg

• Like 2