Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
vbhisey

iPhone 4S Launched!

'Siri' means 'A S S' in Japanese

Apple introduced its A.I. feature for iPhone today, which people had expected to be re-named the "Assistant." But Apple retained the original name: Siri.

Unfortunately, the word "siri" means "A S S" in Japanese. (尻)

This will no doubt make the iPhone 4s very popular in Japan. I can just see people talking about this tomorrow:

"Hey, did you hear about the new A S S technology in iPhone?"

"Yeah, A S S is amazing. You just talk to your A S S, and it does things for you."

:Sorprendido:

Edited by kalpeshaparmar

SIRI= A S S!!! wow!!! thats news..... btw this iphone 4S has beena disappointment... just 3.5"??? I have a droid (3.7").. and i already feel that the screen is too small for happiness,and thats why am shifting to Galaxy S (depending upon how much time Sadik bhai takes to get it activated!!!).... apple needs to wake up and smell the coffee before the galaxy-ies take over completely!!!! :Sonrojado:

iphone 4s is disappointing but i am with the screen size... 3.5 inch retina display seems perfect, 4 inch and greater size phones dont seem like phones to me, feel heavy ,generally have low battery life. i would prefer a 3.5 incher with good battery life anyday

I always hated iPhone don't know why, I purchased iPhone4 twice after seeing it much with my friends and customer, and both times i hated it to use for more than 15 minutes, after 15 minutes i found myself so restricted to anything.

Android with Good Hardware is anytime better than iPhone.

For the purpose of phone I find handling is quite easy on iPhone and never felt to have a bigger screen on iPhone. Surfing pages on iPhone is much better than android. even keyboard is the major thing I like on iPhone. Perfect virtual keyboard for touchscreens.

Many people hate it but I feel it's the best device I have ever used.

Looking for upgrading to iPhone 4S

For the purpose of phone I find handling is quite easy on iPhone and never felt to have a bigger screen on iPhone. Surfing pages on iPhone is much better than android. even keyboard is the major thing I like on iPhone. Perfect virtual keyboard for touchscreens.

Many people hate it but I feel it's the best device I have ever used.

Looking for upgrading to iPhone 4S

why would you upgrade to 4s when you have iphone 4?they are basically the same, i dont see the point at all, are you an apple fanboi? :doh:

Parin bhai! super kewl!

Wall Street also had its iPhone 5 bubble burst, with investors shunning Apple stock. Shares were down almost five percent..

Actually kida hai kya kare

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

US carrier AT&T stated that the iPhone 4S has ushered in its best iPhone launch to date, receiving over 200,000 pre-orders for the device during the first 12 hours of availability (crediting its success to having the only US version operating over 14.4Mb/s HSPA+, aka FauxG). While that's good news for Ma Bell, as of today, you'll be

looking at a wait time of "one to two weeks" after placing an order for this latest iThing.

:previous: So even the world phone feature (GSM + CDMA ) is a lot of hot air.. That baloon is pricked now.. It's just for Apple's manufacturing convenience.. Customer don't gain anything out of it.. Same old controls remain.. :doh::bash::ranting:

Thats Sad, why Apple can't make the things simple......There are always restrictions. :ranting:

Now U know... why the Logo is a Bitten APPLE & nt full....

They always have something missing or restrict the usage..!!

• Like 1

Apple iPhone 4S Pre-orders Exhausted in US

Source: PC World

This news may come as a surprise for many. Despite a lukewarm response for Apple's latest iPhone 4S, the pre-orders for the phone by Apple, AT&T and Verizon have already been exhausted. The iPhone 4S will start shipping from the 14th of October.

Apple has replaced the October 14 delivery date for pre-ordered iPhone 4S phones with "Ships: 1-2 weeks." Also, AT&T had earlier stated that it had sold 200,000 iPhone 4S smartphones in the first 12 hours of availability calling it the most successful iPhone launch ever. "To get iPhone 4S as soon as October 14, AT&T retail stores will have an inventory available for eligible customers while supplies last," a message stated during the ordering process.

apple_iphone_4s_landscape_375_jpg_12923_jpg_16949.jpg

In the meantime, Verizon stated a delivery date of October 21, while Sprint reported it had sold out of the lowest-priced 16GB iPhone 4S.

Initial reports look promising, but what needs to be seen is whether people upgrade from their older generation iPhones.

According to Apple, first-day preorders of the iPhone 4S hit 1 million, easily besting the previous single-day preorder record of 600,000 set last year by the iPhone 4.

Holy Cow! That is some staggering number. Love Apple.

Now U know... why the Logo is a Bitten APPLE & nt full....

They always have something missing or restrict the usage..!!

That's the best interpretation of their logo that i have ever heard, petar ! +1

All this time I thought its to signify the aspirational attraction of forbidden shiny new things.

Edited by ami1

Despite the A5 Dual Core CPU clocked only at 800 Mhz in iPhone 4S, it has blown away most of the competition in some bechmarks including the Galaxy S 2. See the images below.. Source Article here >> http://www.anandtech...gpu-than-ipad-2

41618.png

41619.png

41612.png

Simply mind-blowing

Don't worry android people are happy with ever evolving bug-fixed OS some day soon they will catch up.

New Notification system is not as good as Android's.

PowerVR sgx series seems to best everywhere.

But soon, may be the Next Nexus will blow away those specs, but currently I am jelly :P

One more advantage the iCrowd have here is that they will get the games having that level of eve candy using the graphic power to the fullest will be available soon

Whereas in android due to the wide range of hardware we will have to wait to saturate the hardware that is provided even with the single core offerings