Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
alam

Digital Cameras... Everything Under The Sun.

gaffar is mostly filled with sonys.. u can get nikons and some others also.. mostly all r reliable.. u wont get any warranty neway.. just look for the best deal..

Ok guys got myself a Sony W5.

I am thrilled to say the least. I am not a professional but will try to write a short review.

And thanks vb86 bro. You have been a great help.

I found some acquaintance in Palika and got it from there only

It was a tough choics between coolpix and sony but i guess i am happy with this one.

I pais 13.2k for the cam and 1400 for the 256 MB pro stick.

I would suggest something from Olympus ... the best clarity I've seen

35075[/snapback]

Very True! Olympus is one of the few companies who are masters in optics. Sony, Canon and JVC are there, but most of the Olympus models are far better than the competitive brands in the same category.

I always get almost perfect shots from my Olympus. I remember, a big Photo Studio Guy in jaipur (Big Boss) once told me that the pics taken by my olympus are superb and fairly compete with highly expensive professional digital cameras. In fact, I have seen most of the professional photographers using Olympus Digital cameras.

I would recommend Olympus over Sony and Canon.

pic_001.jpg

Olympus is for sure a leader in lens industry but the precision is more in their opical instruments like microscopes and biomedical instruments. Nikon is more inclined to industrial prodicts. Kodak is more related to Photography and claim to have invented DigiCams! I, therefore, would strongly recommend Canon and Nikon for mid-range, Kodak for low-range, and Nikon/Canon D-SLRs for prosumers.

Nikon launched it's budget range D-SLR model Nikon D50 for consumers worlwide. Priced around RS. 45,000/-, this is going to be an hotcake for those who had an eye on D70 but couldn't afford the same.

Edited by Utsav

Ok guys got myself a Sony W5.

I am thrilled to say the least. I am not a professional but will try to write a short review.

And thanks vb86 bro. You have been a great help.

I found some acquaintance in Palika and got it from there only

It was a tough choics between coolpix and sony but i guess i am happy with this one.

I pais 13.2k for the cam and 1400 for the 256 MB pro stick.

35723[/snapback]

ur welcome

1119698033551_small.jpg

DSC-W5 Key Features :

*Effective 5.1 Mega Pixels

*3x Optical Zoom (6x Precision Digital Zoom)

*Smart Zoom (12x Shooting in VGA)

*Carl Zeiss Vario-Tessar Lens

*Large 6.35 LCD Screen(115K Dots)

*4.5cms LCD (134Kdots)/ OVF

*32 MB Internal Memory

*MPEG Movie VX (Standard / Fine)

*Hi-Speed USB(USB 2.0)

*Scene Selection 7 mode

*Conversion lens ready

MRP : Rs. 18,990 /- (EMI : Rs 791/- for 24 months)

Yeah Utsav that is what I bought myself.

At what Price (if u don't mind)?

37498[/snapback]

Already mentioned, I got it for 13200 and 256 MB stick pro for 1400

no bill

the shop owner gave me 1 year warranty for service

he said there is no replacement waranty

the phone with bill costs atound 19-20k

The best Indian Site for getting info about Digital Camera and also pricelist,

feature comparison is www.jjmehta.com

I was told that S series was not the best

Check out the specs here

sony s40

and user opinions here

opinions

For S60

Specs

and

opinions

a brief look tells that s40 is better didnt go through in detail

Are they available in India?

and hey here is the comparison:

Opinions

Besides s60 is costlier

are u very sure u want only 4mp not less not more?

Edited by tanveer

thanks tanveer, I have kodak DX6490, 4MP, gives good results even for prinnts, I did 4X6 so far. So I am not too kee on MP. Only problem with kodak is movie at 320 X 240 at 20fps. ONly sony in this price band has 640X480 30 fps. I am not keen to spend too much at the moment. Anyway thanks for links, let me review what users say. Only draw back of sony is memory sticks (Non standard)

both S 40 and S60 are available with sony India. S40 and 60 has same specs except lenses and addons S60 can have, best part of these camara is AA size batteries too. As you are never "OUT OF POWER", you can use alkaline batteries too.

Edited by kshah

hmm ... nice shop that one ... JJ Mehta's at Dadar..

Sony S60 is better than S40 as it is conversion lens ready.

Canon Intros Nine Digi-Cams

Techtree.com

5575_matter.jpg

Canon has announced the launch of seven PowerShot and two EOS Digi-Cams.

The new PowerShot series includes; S80, SD550 and SD450, SD30, A620 and A610 and A410 digital cameras.

The PowerShot S80 features; a 2.5-inch LCD screen, 3.6 x 28 wide-angle zoom lens, 8.0 megapixels resolution, DIGIC II image processor and re-designed interface. According to Canon, S80 is the first digital camera to incorporate an XGA size movie mode. The S80 is available for an estimated selling price of $549.99.

The PowerShot SD550 and SD450 Digital ELPH cameras include; a 2.5-inch LCD screen and have a resolution of 7.1 megapixels and 5.0 megapixels respectively. The SD550 and SD450 will ship in September, for an estimated selling price of $499.99 and $399.99 respectively.

The PowerShot SD30 Digital ELPH camera has; a 2.4x optical zoom lens, 1.8-inch LCD screen and 5.0 megapixels resolution. Available in cool new colours such as Vivacious Violet, Glamour Gold, Rockstar Red and Tuxedo Black, the SD30 will be available in September for around $399.99.

The PowerShot A620 and A610 digital cameras come with; 2.0-inch vari-angled LCD screens, 4x optical zoom lenses and 7.1 and 5.0 megapixels resolutions respectively. These cameras will ship in September, for approximately $399.99 and $299.99 respectively.

The PowerShot A410 digital camera includes features such as; a 3.2 megapixels CCD sensor, 1.5-inch LCD screen and 3.2x optical zoom lens and is available for an estimated price of $149.99.

With a view towards meeting the requirements of professional photographers, Canon has also launched the EOS 5D and the EOS 1D Mark II N digital cameras.

Canon claims, that its EOS 5D is the world s smallest and lightest, full-frame digital SLR, featuring a 12.8 megapixel CMOS sensor which shoots up to 3 fps. The EOS 5D will ship in October for about $3,299.

The EOS 1D Mark II N Digital SLR incorporates; a 2.5-inch LCD screen and according to Canon is the world s fastest digital SLR, with a burst rate of 8.5 fps and a CMOS sensor of 8.2 megapixels.

Users can access www.usa.canon.com for additional information.

The New Canon A410 Digital Camera seems a very good model.

But it is yet to be released.

More details are here

http://www.mobilewhack.com/reviews/canon_a...tal_camera.html

Seems like it will be released next month

I am waiting for it to be released in India

fianlly I bought S-60, good cam, very good color saturaton, very user friendly menu and excellent optics. Clarity is superior than that of my kodak 6490. Very quick power ON, battery life better than any other cam I have seen sofar, 1 GB card, 640X480 VGA video recording with sound ( I liked this the most)