Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
dkaile

Movies That You Loved (Or Hated) - Part II

As I heard IMAX guys are looking for central Kolkata to return!

Watched The Dark Knight Rises in IMAX at BIG Cinemas, Mumbai today. Unusual for a Hollywood film to have a 2 hours 45 minutes length, but honestly, I wish it never ended! Even though it may not have the action as much as in "The Dark Knight" it still impressive nonetheless. The best part for me - <spoiler> the ending where the true legend fakes his death but his legacy continues</spolier>.

If you are in or near Mumbai / Hyderabad make sure you watch it in IMAX. Sadly those are the only places in India for IMAX. while there are 200+ in China. Even though Hyderabad was nearer, I decided to go to Maximum City for no particular reason. The experience at Reliance BIG Cinemas in Wadala, Mumbai was great. It has a dome structure but it is not a "Dome IMAX" now. It was a "Dome IMAX" before but re-structured it to a "Normal IMAX" (Screen No.5) and they have 4 other normal (non-IMAX) screens in the same building. Get the Premium seat itself which will have the best view. It costs Rs.600 for Dark Knight Rises for now (Rs.500 normally). BTW I think I saw Boman Irani there during the interval. The best part of watching the movie here was the national anthem before the start of the movie where they played the

on the huge screen and everyone including foreigners stood up for it.

IMAG0245.jpg

IMAG0233.jpg

IMAG0247.jpg

IMAG0244.jpg

IMAG0231.jpg

IMAG0255.jpg

• Like 3

Wow Arun! You came here all the way for watching this!

Edited by rajanmehta

@ Arun sir can you tell the difference between dome imax and normal imax....

As i had been there to watch The Amazing Spiderman movie and I liked it very much... But sadly couldn't go for Dome this time planning to watch again(TDKR) on this Tuesday at IMAX....

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Watched The Dark Knight Rises in IMAX at BIG Cinemas, Mumbai today. Unusual for a Hollywood film to have a 2 hours 45 minutes length, but honestly, I wish it never ended! Even though it may not have the action as much as in "The Dark Knight" it still impressive nonetheless. The best part for me - <spoiler> the ending where the true legend fakes his death but his legacy continues</spolier>.

If you are in or near Mumbai / Hyderabad make sure you watch it in IMAX. Sadly those are the only places in India for IMAX. while there are 200+ in China.

There is one more @ Ahmedabad. In Gujarat Science City..[http://www.scity.org/index.aspx]

but, this one is owned by Government & mainly for special movies only. As an exception, Avatar is one of the commercial movies, released here. It's running since more than a year !! Batman series can never be expected here..

:previous: Yeah, I mentioned that in post #48.

@ Arun sir can you tell the difference between dome imax and normal imax....

A "Dome IMAX" does not have a flat screen. Instead it is dome shaped, in front of, on the sides, and top of the theatre. It allows one to be immersed into the movie. See the "IMAX Dome" structure here: http://entertainment.howstuffworks.com/imax1.htm BIG Cinemas IMAX Wadala had "Dome IMAX" when it started as Adlabs but removed it few years ago to a normal 3D IMAX screen due to financial reasons.

Oh i heard that before and went to experience that only but i thought may be i was fooled by my friend...

I hope they restart the original dome theatre again....

Waiting for the new Imax to open soon in Gurgaon..................

And I get to know today that you are here! You should have come straight home!

God Bless America (2012) - 4 Star - Its a must watch comic/tragic take if you wish to know what makes normal people just crack and go on a shooting spree like the one in Colorado on the Dark Knight's Rising's premiere. Gosh, I would so dearly like to make a 'God Bless INDIA' on similar lines....

• Like 1

Gosh, I would so dearly like to make a 'God Bless INDIA' on similar lines....

You think indian censor will ever pass such a movie?

One thing i really like about america is that it's truly a FREE society for arts/visual/literary mediums of expression.

A sitting president can be mocked in the dirtiest manner and no one would bat an eyelid.

Whereas we in india have morons forming committees/disrupting parliament for removing most innocuous of cartoons from school text books.

You can't utter a word in india without hurting some or the other's stupid imaginery sentiments...

• Like 1

God Bless America (2012) - 4 Star - Its a must watch

I watched just 3 days back liked it, but the ending could have been different on similar lines.

And on Indian version just hit parliament

The Dictator (2012) - 4 Star rating for Unrated version - This is one of the most useless comedies I watched in a long time. Absolutely meant for children above 40 years of age. Don't even dare to watch it if you are below that age and watch only the unrated version. Otherwise you may find it quite pathetic and may need to say useless dialogues like this to your better (and then worst) half when she tells you that she is pregnant "Oh, is it a boy or are you getting a abortion". Absolutely useless movie. Sorry for the X-rated review but this film needs to get one. Believe me its better than getting beaten by a breast or a couple of them and that's a first time I have seen that. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1645170/

The Hunger Games (2012) - 3.5 Star - And only if a movie had so much potential and with a damn squib of an ending, this has got to be one of those. Must watch (only miss the end).

Edited by dkaile

:previous:

Hahhaa....one of my newest favourite. The story doesn't end well but the fun definately will make see it again....

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

My post may appear dated but that's the way it is. I love Shawshank Redemption and Beyond Enemy Lines. Both have immense meaning in its script.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

My post may appear dated but that's the way it is. I love Shawshank Redemption and Beyond Enemy Lines. Both have immense meaning in its script.

Movie of a movie shawshank redemption is my favourite

Just finished watching The Dictaor(2012)unrated insane watch 5 stars rating

gangs of wasseypur 2-super fantabulous.the director,anurag kashyap is the real hero of both the parts.camera work is brilliant.4.5/5

Edited by doctorsahab

watched Unstoppable and Ratatoulle on Star Movies last week

both of them are superb!!!!!

Movie of a movie shawshank redemption is my favourite

Shawshank redemption is a great movie.... Recommend it highly for everyone

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2

The Five Year Engagement (2012) - 4 Star Rating - You might think its been done before but not like this. A wonderful sensitive love story comedy. Makes me remember my punchline "too much of life is lost in waiting". So don't wait and go do your thing. Must watch.

Edited by dkaile

What to do while watching EK THA TIGER!! :doh:

Yawn and :sleep3:

Think about some1 you hate

convince yourself that everything will be as soon as you leave the theater

Take tiger balm with you :bash:

watch some other movie later

Share this message inorder to save your bucks! :death:

Rating 2/5

Ek Tha Tiger (2012) - 1 star rating - I fail to understand how a film like this can rake in 150 crore business? Are we Indians so foolish? Even though Salman played the "KKI" card to the tee i.e. Khan, Kaif & Id, it is really surprising to note commercial success of such ventures. Really a pathetic state of affairs portraying a very frail picture of our mental aptitude. Even Agent Vinod was twice as good than this sad portrayal of a spy. Salman's previous hits like Dabangg and Wanted still had a proper 'masala' for us to enjoy. This film is a pure waste of time (and my 600 bucks).

The Dark Knight Rises (2012) - 3.5 Star - Totally fictitious and still totally involving. Though not one of Nolan's best work, as many have commented, but still not to be missed.

Edited by dkaile
  • Like 3

Saw 'The Mechanic' staring Jason Statham on Star Movies. Each dialogue conveyed some aspect. A 2011 movie without extra animation, sounds and lights. Jason is natively a mechanic who is also a contract killer, as usual his own stunts and set of rules dominated the scenes. Last 15 minutes give more excitement. The ninety minutes worth spending.

Sent from MTS Mtag C8511 on Reliance

Cop story 'Exit wounds' starring Steven Seagal, a 2001 movie, inspired by a novel, a different plot exposing heroin peddling through t-shirts soaked in heroin juice, dried and exported. The sniffers can't sniff and again a process to recover the heroin and put it in the market. Orin (Steven) busts his own department guys. Can watch it again a few times.