Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
dkaile

Movies That You Loved (Or Hated) - Part II

Mom hum is desh ko kab tak lootenge??

'JAB TAK HAI JAAN'

Hamari help kaun karega??

'SON OF SARDAR'

• Like 1

Jab Tak Hai Jaan - 2.5 Star - Not bad, perhaps because I am nearing Shah Rukh's age. Now searching for not one but two 20 year olds... and some totally irrational story lines.

Edited by dkaile
  • Like 3

Today watched Chakarvyuh. It highlights truth of our Govt.

Watched "The Life of Pi". Amazing movie with wonderful effects. The acting is also superb by the entire cast. Camera work is simply outstanding and watched it in 3D which added to the effect.

Overall, would rate it at 4/5.

Life of Pi was awesome to watch on IMAX 3D (PVR, Bangalore). Even the ending was a bit odd, the visual effects were stunning, excellent digital 3D filmmaking indeed. 5/5 for the visuals.

• Like 1

Talaash - 4*.. amazing movie with excellent plot that keeps you engrossed throughout.

IMHO explanation of plot towards end shows that we are not matured audience.

Edited by csmart

^ ^ ^

Would disagree strongly about excellent plot.

1st half builds up everything. It had all the makings of a great movie but the 2nd half and particularly the

paranormal angle is ridiculous to say the least.

Also the script can't decide whether they wanted to make a true suspense movie OR how someone comes to terms with personal loss and oscillates between the two making it slow paced/boring in parts. On the plus side cinematography (Mumbai underbelly/night life scenes depicted well), good background score. With all it's drawbacks, anyday a better watch then SRK, Salman trash.

Till the end i was thinking they copied it from "The Shutter Island" and the end would be shocking like that but that was not to be.

• Like 1

^^^^ This is what happen when Son of Sardar & Jab Tak Hai Jaan grosses 100cr.

Watched the movie JTHJ... 3 hours of bakwaas acting by srk..

check this out got from one of the websites:

Jab Tak Hai Jaan

-Source: http://mumbaiboss.co...b-tak-hai-jaan/

What originality this film is, man! We have Shah Rukh Khan playing a romantic lead by the name of Samar Anand; Katrina Kaif playing Meera Thapar, an NRI who speaks accented Hindi; and Anushka Sharma playing Akira Rai who is—are you ready for this—a feisty girl from Delhi! Shocker, I know. But hey, actors get typecast all the time. As long as their roles are written well, right? Well, I wonder where all the costume money they saved on not giving pants to any of the women went… Because it sure as hell didn’t go to the script department.

014.jpg027.jpg037.jpg047.jpg057.jpg067.jpg079.jpg0810.jpg096.jpg105.jpg117.jpg127.jpg137.jpg148.jpg159.jpg166.jpg175.jpg186.jpg195.jpg207.jpg215.jpg235.jpg245.jpg257.jpg266.jpg273.jpg284.jpg294.jpg303.jpg311.jpg322.jpg333.jpg342.jpg351.jpg361.jpg371.jpg38NEWEDIT1.jpg391.jpg401.jpg

another+didnt+read+.gif+_972be63db9e3c24191d4d3b663164905.gif

• Like 1

^^ Dipan bhai

I found the movie exactly like the post :P :P

Never ending ;)

• Like 1

Not sure if anyone saw 'In Time', pretty unique idea, keeps you involved and thinking :)

Saw "In Time" movie it really is unique...

And the concept is also good...

Rich person can buy time for his living as long as he wants... And poor people's die as they can't buy time to live....

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

check out Looper !

sci-fi - time travel & other stuffs ! awesome !

Kai Po Chhe: Rating 4 Star

Saru Chhe! Joi Lejo! (It's good, Watch)
Year 2013 begins well for hindi cinema. Simple story told with great technical finesse, picture perfect photography, unobstruive but complimentary background/ main score, teriffic performances by three lead actors plus all supporting actors (Casting is brilliant).
I was pleasantly surprised to see the movie hall houseful despite the movie not having a single big name star/unusual title. Anurag Basu, Director of Barfi said during one of the award functions that the bigger award goes to the indian cinegoers for appreciating/actually going to theaters for all kind of very different films made in 2012. According to him that's the bigger reason now they all feel free & can dream of and actually make movies which they want to make instead of complying with the usual box office compulsion.
  • Like 4

Wreck it Ralph- 4*

Special Chabbis - 4*

Loved watching these movies :) .. i can say must watch

Kai Po Che (2013) - 3 Star Rating - It is a good movie BUT not exceptional as made out to be in the reviews of Anupama Chopra and Rajeev Masand, both of whom have given it 4 stars and already calling it the movie of the year. Go with balanced expectations, as though it had a good score and some great cinematography, it was FAR from perfect in its story telling department and looked like a novice attempt in screenplay. Worth a watch.

Edited by dkaile

Special 26 (2013) - 3.5 Star Rating - Tight script and gripping screenplay keeps your interest till the very end. Based on the real heist on Tribhovan Das Bheemji Zaveri in the 80's.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II CDMA

Edited by dkaile
  • Like 1

Argo (2013) - 3.5 star - Gripping screenplay and taught direction by Ben Affleck. He's grown into a man from the boy he was.

Lincoln (2013) - 3 star - Presumptuous and self glorifying ode by Spielberg to the man. Daniel Day Lewis was good but not brilliant. There were better Oscar nominated stars than him but then that's politics.

Sent from my Note II

Edited by dkaile

Jayantabhai Ki Luv Story- liked it. It's entertaining and will not disappoint who love uncomplicated and romantic stories. Vivek Oberoi is quite good and Neha Sharma is charming.

Life of Pi (2012) - 4.5 star rating - Rarely does such a film come along that is stunning visually and for the mind. It is sad to see that most Indian themes are made brilliantly only by foreign directors. Indian film makers 'mostly' stick to the theory of making films for stimulating the groin rather than the heart. Not to be missed under any circumstances.

Skyfall (2012) - 4 star rating - I was not impressed when I saw this in the theatre. But a BD rip was another thing all together. It is one of the best Bond flicks now that I see it in hindsight. Brilliant sound (must see in Dolby 5.1) earned it the Oscar. Very realistic Bond.

PS - Both reviews are for BluRay prints in a home theatre projector setup. Ratings would be otherwise because you can never watch in so much detail in any movie theatre.

• Like 1

Watched Life of Pi in 3D at Big Cinema. It was vivid. It made me nostalgic about Puducherry, its Indian Coffee House etc. I had been to this charming city 7 times just because of its beauty.

Its an amazing movie although I didn't like some unnatural scenes like the sweet-water well/pond in the island whose water turns acidic and fluorescent in night.

Attacks of 26-11 - 1 Star

Till interval potrays actual events forcefully, then descends into faltu lecturebaazi of how terror has no religion & blah.. blah.. Actual commando operation at Taj/Oberoi/Nariman House completely skipped. Not a single mention of actual perpetrators/planners/country of this ghastly terror attack. Movie is clearly made with a sickular mind and intent to please the political masters hellbent on improving relations with that country ignoring everything & not to sway the real public mood against it.
  • Like 1

I didn't like some unnatural scenes like the sweet-water well/pond in the island whose water turns acidic and fluorescent in night.

Do banana's float on water?

Are there flying fish?

Do algae consume flesh?

Has anyone spent more than 227 days (that Pi did) adrift in the sea?

Is there bio-luminescence in the seas?

And the answer to all of the above in real life is YES. So Ang Lee and Yann Martel have left it upon the viewer/reader (us) to decide whether all that did happen was plausible or not? Whether we want to always be rational in our thinking or do we sometimes like to think with our hearts?

I, for one, would like to think with the heart in this case just like the Japanese investigators, and believe in Pi's original story.

Edited by dkaile