Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
zappydear

Is TATA closing CDMA business?

Hi to all,

I am getting confuse, because in parts of the Belgaum district of Karnataka State we are not getting CDMA signals from TATA DoCoMo from past 15 days. When I returned from Bangalore there are no signals. To get my calls I traveled another 20 km and got one signal immediately I forwarded all calls to another number. When I asked about the issue at CC swiftly the ready made answer came we don't have any updates on it we will take the complaint and it will be rectified within 48 working hours, and I got complaint number as usual (325276943) next day a guy called me in very urgently and keep on telling some cocks and bull stories that they had tie ups with some operator and they are working on it, i said ok when are you going to solve? he said we cant say sir it will take long time. I said how much time? No sir we cant say like that, he said,

I took the next step and mailed the same to appellate officer and unfortunately my mail unanswered.

In my name I have more than 11 connections including walky, photon, pre paid and post paid also I referred it to many of my family members and friends, I don;t know what to do?

Kindly guide me friends.

With regards

Prakash

If they are shutting down towers/business without any communication/alternative to the customers, it will be a violation of license terms and covered under DOT TERM Cell's authority and you can register a complaint there.

Contact Details for Bangalore Circle:

Veera Gowda DDG

Dept of Telecom - TERM(Telecom Enforcement, Resource and Monitoring) Cell Bangalore.

Tel: 22372323 Fax: 22283355 Mobile: 9448010804 Email: ddgtermbg-dot@nic.in

"II Floor, Aminity Block, Palace Road,

Bangalore-560001"

For Karnataka Circle:

G Satyanaraya Reddy DDG

Dept of Telecom - TERM(Telecom Enforcement, Resource and Monitoring) Cell Karnataka.

Tel: 26651313/26637777 Fax: 26638888 Email: ddgtermktk-dot@nic.in

Ground Floor, Sanchar Complex, WMS Compound, 47th Cross, 9th Main, 5th Block, Jaya Nagar, Bangalore - 560 041

Also complain at http://pgportal.gov.in/ under Deptt of Telecommunications and continue approaching the higher appellate authority of TATA.

If they have decided to shut down CDMA in your area, you may not be able to stop them by doing all/any of the above but may get a clear answer what the issue is, whether a resolution is possible or not and accordingly plan your alternatives.

Edited by rajanmehta
  • Like 1

Thanks Rajan

I already sent a mail to appellate, let me see, after there reply will decide.

They are switching off the (CDMA) towers in places where revenue is NOT high...

Port out from TataCDMA to TataGSM is allowed and NOT vice-versa..

But they will never close CDMA business till they get GSM spectrum in Delhi..

They may shut down CDMA business when technology-neutral wrt spectrum was approved by GoI...

Hi Kanaga

How can they do that? If you are using CDMA in cities and if you are moving through a village how will you get signals, its against the rules. If they wants to shut down they have to do it once for all. Last couple of weeks ago only they launched HTC handset. I can't believe it. How about photon plus and whiz?

CAT Telecom To Dismantle Its Entire CDMA EV-DO Network (rev. B Thailand)

Posted 2012-08-12 21:06:51

I went to pay my CDMA bill today and was told that after this month the price of CMDA network will be 1 bath / minute.

That is about 43,000B/month for unlimited usage.

I guess it's time to move on to another system. 

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/568845-cat-telecom-to-dismantle-its-entire-cdma-ev-do-network/page__st__50

Enjoy CDMA service while it lasts!

Rajanji can you give address of haryana also of DOT enforcement. Better email.

Sent from my iPhone

This is true for Rest of West Bengal circle also. They are doing it subtly but steadily, shutting down towers and their Exclusive Stores.

In our circle where they are finding it profitable, they are expanding (e.g. they have launched EVDO in Sikkim, entire North Bengal upto Malda and Asansol) but taking MTS's service on rent in other places.

In my place along with many small towns the data sessions are showing MTS (with TATA DoCoMo's configuration on device intact). As a result the data packs are not working, the subscribers are getting charged for each data session.

An OMH RUIM of Tata in Moto XT800 fetching MTS as operator name on screen (!) and most obviously is deducting from main balance for each data session although there is data pack recharged and there is Tata's configuration in it. When approached to TATA DoCoMo's Exclusive Store at Durgapur, it was found that each data session was accessed through MTS's network, thus was chargeable.

This is not a stray case. The Photon users having monthly data recharges are getting their balance vanished within half an hour for the same reason.

TATA has definite instructions to their management not to entertain complaints, otherwise our mails wouldn't be ignored like this.

I live in West Delhi and as per my experience CDMA Coverage for Tata Indicom in our area has reduced drastically in last 6 months. Earlier i used to get good network coverage but now the situation is that i have to move out of the house or to the roof to make a call. I'm using Tata since 2007 but never faced such issue until this year :(

I wonder if this has something to do with the mandatory reduction in emission norms by telecom towers which results in lower quality of Connectivity.

Ankit, I'm afraid, in that case, all the other operators would lose signal strength as well and this would happen pan-India.

And consider the case where Tata is subtly handing over the business to MTS but not paying them for the data use, eventually subscribers are suffering as the data packs are not working.

^^^^^^

Yes, then everyone except PSU, will suffer in that case... When NTP2012 (technology neutral) comes into effect, they may bring GSM service on 850MHz CDMA spectrum...

It seems true even with reliance!!!! Their service for CDMA is pathetic!!! And also most of the offers are available for GSM customers rather than their CDMA customers. So it makes sense for the time being not to invest in a CDMA handset at least until there is clarity about the future course of action by these operators!!!!!!

It seems true even with reliance!!!! Their service for CDMA is pathetic!!! And also most of the offers are available for GSM customers rather than their CDMA customers. So it makes sense for the time being not to invest in a CDMA handset at least until there is clarity about the future course of action by these operators!!!!!!

I think resent data packs for CDMA were awesome than any other GSM competetors

Best part on CDMA is even while roaming SMS & Data charges are same as home location

While for GSM 3G & SMS in roaming charges are high

I agree with Parin bhai. Have been using tata cdma. Data plans are really good. 1x is quiet enough for me. Don't need evdo.

Also the calling plans are better on cdma compared to gsm.

Sent from my XT862 using Tapatalk 2

Agree, with you Parin bhai, but the struggle is getting the phone activated on Tata. The phone i bought from you is still lying with me, have to get it activated on Tata, still looking out for someone who can get this done at a decent cost. As now i have 2 phones that need to be activated.

thanks mac_lion and all friends. Yes you will help to get it registered but if there is no network coverage what to do with TATA? The Stupid marketing people has to stop the broadcasting the ads before closing the network. In my words they don't have common sense of marketing, they opened PAN SHOP size stalls, and started a network in INDIA, they thought all Indians are idiots, whenever they wants to start they have to accept and if they close they have to keep quit, stupid Indian govt and TRAI are friends of these third class fellows. God bless you MR TATA, and also for your brand Indicom, Indica, ...........Indian hotels etc...........

Thanks, Mac_lion, pm sent with the details.

@all i can help with TATA registration ....

Edited by Dushie
  • Like 1

I bought BB 9330 cdma for Tata Indicom and opted for their unlimited 899 plan. This was before Rcom launched similar plans.

Now I have decided to opt out of the same plan and not use it in the BB. How can I vacate the BB and start using the sim card for my number? Any ideas?

Hi Himanshu,

Kindly let me know where you bought the black berry? is it Indian model or Imported?

Just type "PORT ***** " and send it to 1900 (**** is your number which you wants to port out) you will get a port out code like XT**** . Go to any of reliance outlet and give the details like id proof, address proof, one passport size photo. Immediately you will get a RUIM (SIM) free of cost. It will take minimum of seven working days to complete the process. After seven days call *228 from your new RUIM card, you will be welcomed, just choose language of your choice, it will repeat your number,

finally you will be on network of your choice.

If you are using your Black Berry on post paid connection you needs to clear all your dues before going through all this process. Otherwise you have to repeat the process again if TATA denied the port out.

Finally Welcome to reliance.

Have a wonderful day.