Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
phonegeek

Motorola Announces Moto G

There is two variations in the NDTV review. First, the phone launched in India is dual sim where as the reviewed is single sim. They also mentioned that earphones are not part of the package which is not true. The phones stores come with an earphone. H save played a 1 GB game, there was no lag whatsoever.

Flipkart handled the sale well. Had ordered the mobile on COD basis by phone around 1 pm on 6th. It was delivered around 11 am on 7th.

• Like 2

1. android, like iOS, is moving towards internal memory in a bid to "optimize" performance, which I think is bullcrap

I would always opt for expandable memory and removable batteries in phones, even at the cost of other features

Im suggesting Nexus 4 to my friend. He is afraid of using without SD Card. This will help.Thanks Dipan.

Even Nexus 4 & 5 doesn't have external SD card support....

• Like 1

The last good Motorola I've seen in the Sales Forum is the Photon. Lets get the moto-fans to stop raving about this G and bring some more unlocked handsets for sale. Shipping and Forwarding issues seem to be resolving, it seems.

1. android, like iOS, is moving towards internal memory in a bid to "optimize" performance, which I think is bullcrap

I would always opt for expandable memory and removable batteries in phones, even at the cost of other features

Im suggesting Nexus 4 to my friend. He is afraid of using without SD Card. This will help.Thanks Dipan.

Though not a proper solution, but it is possible to attach a pen drive to the phone using OTG cable...should you really need it.

So it is not that you are stuck up with just that much storage.

But I think 32GB should have been a good option, unless you are into trading movies with friends ;)

Edited by amtrag

Yes an OTG cable must work on it. Can't remember but seen one video on youtube.

Triggered from Transformer 300 using Tapatalk HD

The last good Motorola I've seen in the Sales Forum is the Photon. Lets get the moto-fans to stop raving about this G and bring some more unlocked handsets for sale. Shipping and Forwarding issues seem to be resolving, it seems.

The sale forum is shutdown at the moment

Many, in fact most people still value official warranty and only a minuscule percentage is an enthusiast or rimweb member or hobbyist into importing phones. For the common Indian population, the G gives peace of mind, unmatched value and ease of use. It is the closest that India has to real VFM in a mobile phone with no compromise on specifications and that should certainly be applauded

I do not understand why people should stop raving about the G or how it is relevant to importing unlocked handsets. If you want to import, go ahead and import! No one's stopping anyone

@ Dipan

You want to rave about the G, so okay. Lets do it. I feel the G is rather a mid-level whimper than a bang from Motorola returning back to India with their official warranty. Feature-to-feature their new owners (still to get the final nod) manufacture better handsets. Bringing us back to the starting line ..... why the rave?

Photon was not the last phone on this sale forum.

I think u havent read anything about moto razr m, electrify m,razr maxx etc.

Moto has best battery life than other brands especailly razr maxx.

People are happy to buy moto phones.

Sent from my VS950 4G using Tapatalk 2

Though not a proper solution, but it is possible to attach a pen drive to the phone using OTG cable...should you really need it.

Yes an OTG cable must work on it. Can't remember but seen one video on youtube

Yes, OTG is a very good option in such cases for GalaxyNexus, Nexus7, Nexus10, Nexus5, Moto X, Moto G, etc --- BUT NOT FOR NEXUS 4... Nexus 4 is hardware level handicapped for that... For automatic mounting and unmounting the external storage (card reader, thumb drive, etc) first root your phone and use "StickMount" app by ChainFire (available in PlayStore)...

Photon was not the last phone on this sale forum.

I think u havent read anything about moto razr m, electrify m,razr maxx etc.

Moto has best battery life than other brands especailly razr maxx.

People are happy to buy moto phones.

You are right and I stand corrected regarding the other Moto handsets. But the G is still a low to mid-level handset which is somewhat over hyped.

People are talking about no SD card. Its not big issue.

I have used Moto g few days back

Optimization really works gr8

Any day I will give aways SD slot vs optimised OS.

And it really works

Also ask your self what u r going to store in 16gb ?

Only photos and videos? ?

Other than one or two games?

Do u really going to use that 16gb ?

How big SD card you are going to buy? And how much OS memory you are going to waste only to access it? To load a apparently from SD will take more CPU and memory compare to internal mem

And at 12-14k Moto g is worth money spent. ..

tapatalking.....

• Like 1

^^^

Very well said

My phone's internal memory is 32gb and free space is around 24gb....

And many of u hate moto.....strange...

• Like 1

@ Dipan

You want to rave about the G, so okay. Lets do it. I feel the G is rather a mid-level whimper than a bang from Motorola returning back to India with their official warranty. Feature-to-feature their new owners (still to get the final nod) manufacture better handsets. Bringing us back to the starting line ..... why the rave?

What do you mean by rave exactly? Am I going to sell my house and buy it? No

Am I going to appreciate that Motorola is giving probably the best specs at that price point, with good build quality, from a reputed brand, with optimized near vanilla Android, guaranteed OS updates, at the best possible price? Yes

You seem to harp on about why we are excited about the Moto G? I will flip the question and ask you - why not? Give me another official Indian 14K phone with all that the G gives, with a brand on par with Motorola and I will praise that too

I really do not get this irrational slagging as do others who have replied to you, so if you do not have something concrete to debate on - let us stop here instead of taking up bandwidth

Also, it is much easier to stay out of the thread if all you are going to say is that the G is mediocre - because you know, I know and all of us know that it does not - it is built to a cost, and delivers the best bang for the buck. It is not a Maruti sold at the price of a Toyota. It's sole purpose is to aim at the cost sensitive markets and it is proving through it's sales numbers - even in developed markets - that it is doing a good job at it

I am sure I will recommend a casual Android user to buy a G than an overpriced Galaxy Grand or something like that

• Like 6

I second dipan Bhai. Moto Google or G has been breather for those who understand it, spec to spec there might be many fishes in to the pool. But right from build quality, product design, Android flavor, Motorola is at par with top league. In that league this phone has posed threat and challenge surely.

Some people do criticise fixed battery and memory though but I don't understand why as the same has worked well and been accepted for one of the largest selling smartphone called iPhone.

Now that Moto has been acquired by Lenovo. For me the charm is lost. As Lenovo has been providing lovely handsets and within this bracket almost.

Like yesterday I ordered their premium K series phone K860 for 14,500/-

It's five inch hd screen, 8mp, 1.4ghz quad core, steel and polycarbonate unibody. 1gb ram etc.

Sounds competitive.

Lenovo is the next big wave. Just wait till they come out in USA markets

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 5

@ Dipan

A few points.

1. Writing in bold font do not really help emphasize/ shout-out your view. Its a vanilla web trick which is so last decade.

2. This is an open forum. I like the way you brought up the G positives. And the same is true for other Indian handsets with same/ better features. With an Indian warranty. (BTW, unrelated, but the erstwhile Moto service guys are yet to receive any training/ feedback on the G).

3. Now with wasting bandwidth. I have seen plenty of silly one-liners and worse from senior members to know better. (Have you sen your earlier posts?). I thought we could have a good debate on the yays and nays over this handset. But maybe, passions about this Moto brand need to be turned down a bit before something meaningful like that can happen.

4. No slagging. Just debate. I appreciate your contributions to this forum.

One point to keep in mind while comparing other similar priced & better specced handsets (like Lenovo/Karbon/Micromax etc) is that the G has a Qualcomm processor while the other ones have a mediatek chip. And it does translate into performance issues.

Newly launched XOLO Q1100 has Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 clocked at higher 1.4 Ghz compared to 1.2Ghz in Moto G (MSM8228, unlike Moto G’s MSM8226). Has the same GPU, 5" display, Micro SD Card support.

xoloq1100_motog2.jpg

Meanwhile in addition to things already highlighted, everyone seems to have overlooked 2 other positives for Moto G... :)

• Gorilla Glass 3
  • Splash Resistant Coating

I haven't seen above 2 in official warranty handsets of various local/ brands selling around 14-15K.

Motorola does not advertise it as waterproof but this splash resistant internal nano coating seems to be quite effective as can be seen from few VIDEOS floating around.

• Like 6

@ Dipan
A few points.
1. Writing in bold font do not really help emphasize/ shout-out your view. Its a vanilla web trick which is so last decade.
2. This is an open forum. I like the way you brought up the G positives. And the same is true for other Indian handsets with same/ better features. With an Indian warranty. (BTW, unrelated, but the erstwhile Moto service guys are yet to receive any training/ feedback on the G).
3. Now with wasting bandwidth. I have seen plenty of silly one-liners and worse from senior members to know better. (Have you sen your earlier posts?). I thought we could have a good debate on the yays and nays over this handset. But maybe, passions about this Moto brand need to be turned down a bit before something meaningful like that can happen.
4. No slagging. Just debate. I appreciate your contributions to this forum.

1. I do not need to shout or bold to get my views across. I bolded that post by mistake. I never ever write in caps or bold otherwise. You don't know me, don't judge me.

2. You did not discuss the +ves/-ves of Moto G did you? You just said we are "raving" about it. Did you even bother to back it up with a coherent argument or info? No you did not.

3. Yes, I recognize what is a debate and what is a wind-up. You are on the latter, swanning in to a thread and going against the popular view just to elicit a reaction. Well done, enjoy your 15 secs of fame. I find it sad that you had to look up my post history to take a swipe at me. Well done for wasting your time. Again, don't judge my posts. I don't judge yours. My rep speaks for itself.

4. No, this is not a debate. You made a statement not backed up with facts. That becomes a slagging off. If you really want a debate, argue logically for/against. Don't just say so-and-so is over hyped and we are all raving about it. That reeks of ignorance.

@RM - we are getting derailed here, and I would appreciate if you can delete mine and gargoyle's posts to clean up the thread a bit

• Like 2

People are talking about no SD card. Its not big issue.

How big SD card you are going to buy? And how much OS memory you are going to waste only to access it? To load a apparently from SD will take more CPU and memory compare to internal mem

And at 12-14k Moto g is worth money spent. ..

tapatalking.....

@Hitesh Thats right. I read in some reviewes OS optimally used in the internal memory system. 16GB is enough.

Yes an OTG cable must work on it. Can't remember but seen one video on youtube

Yes, OTG is a very good option in such cases for GalaxyNexus, Nexus7, Nexus10, Nexus5, Moto X, Moto G, etc --- BUT NOT FOR NEXUS 4... Nexus 4 is hardware level handicapped for that... For automatic mounting and unmounting the external storage (card reader, thumb drive, etc) first root your phone and use "StickMount" app by ChainFire (available in PlayStore)...

@amtrag @amitroutary Thanks.

@Kanaga NOT FOR NEXUS 4... :-( . Can i use "StickMount" app for Nexus 4 to better OTG Support and using the OTG cable occasionally ?

^^^^

Sorry my friend... Nothing can help Nexus4 in OTG support... Its handicapped at hardware level for that to happen.. But in case of other nexus devices like Nexus5, Nexus7, GalaxyNexus, stickMount (root access needed) will help for auto mount / unmount the external drive via OTG cable...

Esp for 8GB Nexus4 users, it will be very painful...

got the mail from FK

Hello there!

Thank you for shopping for Moto G on Flipkart. You are now eligible for an additional one time discount of Rs. 1,000 on clothing purchases and an additional one time discount of Rs. 500 on eBooks.

How to avail this offer?

Click here to login on Flipkart.com. Use the same email ID on which you received this mail to login.

Add eBooks and/or clothing items to your shopping cart. The discounts would automatically be applied to your cart.

The value of clothing product(s) should be minimum Rs. 1,001 to avail the offer.

The value of eBooks product(s) should be minimum Rs. 501 to avail the offer.

Complete your order by adding address and payment details.

Terms and Conditions!

The offers are valid only on products listed by WS Retail.

The offers can be redeemed latest by 31st March 2014.

Offers are not valid for Moto G orders that have been or refunded.

Sent from my HTC One dual sim using Tapatalk

• Like 2

UPDATE

boost Moto g successfuly flashes to metro after getting spc from boost!

I was wrong ! boost Moto g is not port locked! And can be flashed to rcdma after getting spc from boost!

All settings sticks including evdo !

tapatalking.....

• Like 9