Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
phonegeek

Motorola Announces Moto G

what internal memory in 16gb usable Apps... other...

Afaik Like any Nexus phones (from GNexus) the total memory is shared for apps, media, system, everything... So even if you have bought 8GB variant, you can install more than 4GB of apps (keeping other data minimal).

Enjoy...

• Like 1

I received alert from flipkart that my order has been shipped.

but strangely, it says expect delivery by 12Feb.

On calling Flipkart, I get a message that my expected date of delivery is 10 February, though I have not got a "order shipped" message so far.

Can anybody post detailed Moto g experience, Indian or imported. Is it worth 14k? When existing Lenovo models are giving a tight competition or better choice.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

Can anybody post detailed Moto g experience, Indian or imported. Is it worth 14k? When existing Lenovo models are giving a tight competition or better choice.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

I have used Moto g Verizon just for a day ( without activation )

As I have not used it much can't make a detail review for u

But I can say phone is worth 14k for sure. It's better than Moto razr m. Ui is smooth and fast, camera is OK.

tapatalking.....

Baba ji, I have NOT used Moto G. But I have used Lenovo P780 and have experience with Moto's near stock UI. So I can guess (NOT assert) the following...

Common on both P780 and Moto G:

[1] Almost same + reasonable Price

[2] 1.2 GHz QuadCore Cortex A7 processor @ 28nm (Moto got from Qualcomm and Lenovo from Mediatek)

[3] 1GB RAM

[4] 720p HD resolution IPS LCD display

[5] Not so good camera but with GeoTagging, face detection

[6] DualSIM support

[7] microUSB Host support (not sure about G, but Gsmarena says so)

[8] Active Noise cancellation with sec mic.

[9] Wifi, BT, 3G, Front cam, etc

Advantages of Moto G:-

[1] Latest and greatest Android KitKat is about to reach in a week {reached DualSIM version in Malaysia already, India is next}

[2] Better GPS {Mediatek always lacks better GPS afaik}

[3] Corning glass protection for display

[4] Light weight, Compact size and not everyone likes big 5" screen

[5] Butter Smooth near stock UI

[6] video recording with Stereo sound + HDR, Panaroma in stills

[7] Customisation option with colour back covers, etc

[8] Better known brand {but Lenovo is going to be its parent co}

Advantages of P780 Lenovo:-

[1] Bigger battery 4000mAh

[2] Bigger display 5"

[3] Memory card support

[4] 8MPx camera

[5] FM Radio

Result:-

Yes, around 14k is worthy price for both phones... But if bigger display, battery, SD support is important, go for P780. If Compact size, customisation, latest Android version is important, go for Moto G.

Reg Memory, I want to tell one thing... P780 comes in 2 options --- 4GB + SD and 8GB + SD. Moto G in 8GB, 16GB options. Its better to avoid 4GB in P780 and 8GB of Moto G, imho... Though 16GB without SD slot may look tiny comparing 8GB + microSD slot of P780, the internal memory of P780 is restricted with few GB for apps and rest for media. Whereas in Moto G, the whole of 16GB is used a huge memory pool and shared for apps, media and everything. So you can install upto 10GB of apps, if you are going to keep media in minimum.

Just my two cents paise....

Edited by KanagaDeepan
  • Like 9

Got an sms alert yesterday night at 11.29 PM from Flipkart that my Moto G has been shipped through ekart. Got another sms today morning at 9 AM that my phone will be delivered by 11 AM. Asked him to come at later in the evening as today am out and will be back only post lunch. The delivery by flipkart surely is fast.

8GB without microSD is a big no no. Specially as the price diff is only 1.5K for Moto G. Usually the difference is much higher for other phones/tablets.

I had bought a Nexus 7 with 8GB and am fed up of moving folders to/fro from my Laptop.

After a stock install only 5 GB is available.

Installing Sygic leaves 4 GB.

Other essential apps (around 20-30) will leave 3 GB.

If you install even 1-2 big games or 5-10 small games that will leave just 1 GB for your Music/Video/Documents.

So you will need to remove the games after you have played them before installing new ones

You will also fall short of space when you try a Nandroid backup or if ROM Manager or NRT type of things want to save a few kernels/boot images etc.

Without nandroid backups you can't try new ROMs etc. So I have to move my sygic maps folder then do nandroid backups and move backups to laptop and get sygic back

So i would strongly suggest 16GB unless you are sure you will not go overboard with installing large apps/games and doing backups / ROMs etc

• Like 5

^^^

For example- fifa 14 ;)

Sent from my VS950 4G using Tapatalk 2

So i would strongly suggest 16GB unless you are sure you will not go overboard with installing large apps/games and doing backups / ROMs etc

Yes Sir... Thats the reason I suggested to avoid 8GB versions in my earlier post... But that 8GB option is OK for old people, first time smartphone users, backup device, house wives who is just going to use phone just for whatsapp [The population of this category people is growing fast like fire]...

• Like 3

Got an sms alert yesterday night at 11.29 PM from Flipkart that my Moto G has been shipped through ekart. Got another sms today morning at 9 AM that my phone will be delivered by 11 AM. Asked him to come at later in the evening as today am out and will be back only post lunch. The delivery by flipkart surely is fast.

Please write an user review of this handset. Planning to get one myself.

16 GB pre-booking avilable now in Flipcart. Shipping in 10-20 days.

@Kanaga and Rim Gurus

Please list some more advantages and disadvantages of handsets with SD card and without SD card.

The phone was delivered at 5 pm. Looks great, though an stuck up due to not having mini sim required for it.

16 GB pre-booking avilable now in Flipcart. Shipping in 10-20 days.

@Kanaga and Rim Gurus

Please list some more advantages and disadvantages of handsets with SD card and without SD card.

Common sense really

Advantage -

1. removable, so if one card fails use another

2. expand memory per budget

3. swap memory on the go

Disadvantage -

1. android, like iOS, is moving towards internal memory in a bid to "optimize" performance, which I think is bullcrap

I would always opt for expandable memory and removable batteries in phones, even at the cost of other features

• Like 1

At present who is supporting Moto G's service. Lenovo or Motorola re launching their own service centers.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Tech Specs for US Cellular model shows 4G LTE in addition to EVDO Rev.A. If it's LTE then there has to be SIM slot but it's doubtful whether it has LTE. Anyway it will be interesting to know if this one is any easier to find SPC compared to verizon model for flashing on Reliance CDMA.

@Rajanbhai

US Cellular handset generally have 000000 as their SPC. I dunno if this is gonna be different

Yes, ALL USC phones SPC are ZERO !!

now this is coming to India for sure !!

• Like 1

^^^^

WOW... Great news...

. android, like iOS, is moving towards internal memory in a bid to "optimize" performance, which I think is bullcrap

Yes, Dipan ji... Both Apple and Google are avoiding external memory just to avoid paying royalty to Bu11 Sh!t patent to greedy M$... Because of their ego, we users are forced to suffer..

Ordered for booking of One Moto G 16GB today afternoon. Got a message from Flipkart within 3 hours that is it shipped via bluedart with reference no.

( while booking it was showing as It will take 10-20days for shipping once stock is available)

(Updated on 10-Feb-14.) Mobile (Moto G - 16GB) is delivered within 2 days and 3 hours by FLIPKART at the address provided. Product not yet checked since I am outside.

Edited by manoj_me11
  • Like 1

Received my moto G an hour back.

Really nice display, smooth operation.

Worth all the pennies :)

Flipkart is now really becoming a strong brand, worthy competitor to brick and mortar stores

Flipkart is now really becoming a strong brand, worthy competitor to brick and mortar stores

The way they handled the launch is very nice & way better than what Google could do with the launches of their Nexus phones in US(even Nexus 5 launch had issues of order priority, some of the people who ordered withing minutes have their order confirmed but had to wait few days or even weeks for the shipping information, but people who order after couple of days of the launch got their order confirmation & shipping details immediately even before those who ordered within minutes of the launch). I agree the quantity may be less in the case of Flipkart-Moto G launch but it is a perfect launch especially the way they stopped till next morning after taking few orders for few minutes in the midnight.

any other site to buy original moto g flip covers since FK is charging 1600 bucks.

i checked aliexpress and ebay but delivery time is a big issue with aliexpress and with ebay. you cant guarantee originality.