Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
LTE4G

Reliance JIO SIM Activation Related

Reliance JIO SIM activation is taking quite some time now.

I collected the token on 25th August 2016 from Reliance Digital (not mini).

Submitted my documents and collected SIM (Prepaid) on 26th August 2016.

Was told that it may take up to 10 days for the SIM to get activated.

Finally received message from JIONET "Dear Customer, Thank you for choosing Jio. We have received your application for new connection. Your order number is ....... Thank you, Team Jio" on my alternate number on 1st September 2016 after midnight (i.e. 1:00 AM on 2nd Sept).

Again received message from JIONET "Dear Customer, Due to overwhelming response to our Jio Preview Offer, there may be some delays in activating your connection. We will inform you via SMS once your Jio number 70XXXXXXXX is ready for televerification. Thank you, Team Jio" on my alternate number on 3rd Sept 2016 evening.

Still waiting eagerly but with patience for next message.:unsure:

Tomorrow is 5th Sept and if my SIM gets activated tomorrow or later then it will be Welcome offer by default I think.;)

UPDATE: (4rth September 2016) Viola! Activation Message Received just now on my alternate number that my number is ready for televerification.:D:D

Edited by LTE4G
Updated information
  • Like 1

Tomorrow is 5th Sept and if my SIM gets activated tomorrow or later then it will be Welcome offer by default I think. 

All Jio customers will be automatically shifted to welcome offer wef 5/9/16.

Edited by KAPILKDEV

Tomorrow is 5th Sept and if my SIM gets activated tomorrow or later then it will be Welcome offer by default I think. 

All Jio customers will be automatically shifted to welcome offer wef 5/9/16.

No cap of 4gb per day for existing Jio users. This is confirmed by a senior Jio employee.

Activated my SIM by dialing 1977. Within 20 minutes received messages regarding activation of JPO (Jio Preview Offer) valid till 3-12-2016.

Downloaded My Jio App and created Jio ID with gmail account using OTP but did not receive any activation e-mail.

Logged in using skip sign in and tried to change email still did not receive any OTP on mail.

There are mistyping errors in my address (error from their end) - will I have to visit Reliance store or can get it rectified through email ?

Any solution for ID ?

Update: After 1 Hour received the mail - when clicked it said "Your Jio ID is already active! Sign in & manage your account". But when I try to login using Jio ID and password it says "Jio ID and password do not match. Please re-enter and try again." - tried to reset the password using OTP - password changed successfully but again same sign inproblem.

I can log in using skip login method. But I want my Jio ID to work.

Edited by LTE4G

6 hours ago, LTE4G said:

Activated my SIM by dialing 1977. Within 20 minutes received messages regarding activation of JPO (Jio Preview Offer) valid till 3-12-2016.

Downloaded My Jio App and created Jio ID with gmail account using OTP but did not receive any activation e-mail.

Logged in using skip sign in and tried to change email still did not receive any OTP on mail.

There are mistyping errors in my address (error from their end) - will I have to visit Reliance store or can get it rectified through email ?

Any solution for ID ?

Update: After 1 Hour received the mail - when clicked it said "Your Jio ID is already active! Sign in & manage your account". But when I try to login using Jio ID and password it says "Jio ID and password do not match. Please re-enter and try again." - tried to reset the password using OTP - password changed successfully but again same sign inproblem.

call up CC and ask the JIO id , this problem being faced by many people i know also . Jio creates a random jio id these days . Any number of times you try even with OTP , it will continue

call them up and ask them . they will send a verification link on your email to activate it 

6 hours ago, LTE4G said:

Any solution for ID ?

• Jio ID is Jio Number [format 70xxxxxxxx] and not the e-mail ID, though the Login dialogue says Email ID!
  • Right now Reliance store mayn't entertain correction of Typographical errors in address! errors mayn't matter if you have provided Aadhar for ID & Address proof. however, you may try correction after 31-Dec-2016!

best wishes

1 minute ago, Hejmady said:
  • Jio ID is Jio Number [format 70xxxxxxxx] and not the e-mail ID, though the Login dialogue says Email ID!
  • Right now Reliance store mayn't entertain correction of Typographical errors in address! errors mayn't matter if you have provided Aadhar for ID & Address proof. however, you may try correction after 31-Dec-2016!

best wishes

jio ID also consists of only name and number like xxxxxxxx12 so ...

1 minute ago, kuduku said:

jio ID also consists of only name and number like xxxxxxxx12 so ...

Jio ID is your Jio MDN [mobile No.], 70xxxxxxxx is just an example!

• Like 1

Yes you are right Hejmady. I called cc and he also told the same thing that default ID is the mobile number.

I was able to login and also verify my email after which now both number as well as email ID is working as Jio ID while signing in.

As far as regarding address rectification he told me to go to store. Today I wenr to the store and the manager told me to come on day after tomorrow since it was over crowded today and he promised me that things will be fixed.

I found that Jio Customer care executives are polite, soft spoken, helpful and cooperative - the number of time I called and the way they helped and guided me to resolve my issues. Hope they will continue like this in future too but till now Jio experience is smooth and enjoyable sailing.:D;)

Edited by LTE4G
  • Like 1

Yes you are right Hejmady. I called cc and he also told the same thing that default ID is the mobile number.

I was able to login and also verify my email after which now both number as well as email ID is working as Jio ID while signing in.

As far as regarding address rectification he told me to go to store. Today I wenr to the store and the manager told me to come on day after tomorrow since it was over crowded today and he promised me that things will be fixed.

I found that Jio Customer care executives are polite, soft spoken, helpful and cooperative - the number of time I called and the way they helped and guided me to resolve my issues. Hope they will continue like this in future too but till now Jio experience is smooth and enjoyable sailing.

How long did you hear music I have been hearing music for 20-25 mins each time nobody picks up frustrated I have cut calls many times

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

@deepakji I am also facing same problem CC not pick up the call.

Sent from my F103 Pro using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, Deepak Shankar said:

How long did you hear music I have been hearing music for 20-25 mins each time nobody picks up frustrated I have cut calls many times

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

when I called again after televerification on the same number 1977 because incoming was working but data and outgoing wasn't working, the call was diverted to cc in 3 mins.

Then I had a few similar 20 mins wait and then I disconnected like you. But I am aware of the customer load at present because every one is eager to board Jio network and try all apps.

Then I got connected after 9 mins but after midnight.

In the morning at 6:30 got connected within seconds when I selected english instead of Hindi as language.

So it seems Hindi language wait is more than other languages though they speak hindi as well as english irrespective of the chosen language.

Waiting is worth if the problems really get sorted. I am aware that all new subscribers like me are eager to sort their issues immediately and so the wait.:ph34r:

12 hours ago, Hejmady said:

Jio ID is your Jio MDN [mobile No.], 70xxxxxxxx is just an example!

Jio id is MDN but it can be abcd123 also , not necessarily email id or MDN only

In my case, jio id is my email id

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Is the free Jio sim locked to particular (one ) handset ?

1 hour ago, phonegeek said:

In my case, jio id is my email id

Your number will also work in place of email ID using same password.

43 minutes ago, praveenwarrier said:

Is the free Jio sim locked to particular (one ) handset ?

I don't think so as it is open for all 4G phone users.

I don't think so as it is open for all 4G phone users.

Yes but I mean if one free sim can be used in different 4G handsets ?

41 minutes ago, praveenwarrier said:

Yes but I mean if one free sim can be used in different 4G handsets ?

I got my SIM without generating any code and also without showing my handset. Just told them the model and make (i.e. Lava X11 which I bought for Rcom 4G keeping in mind the VoLTE feature so that if I switch to Jio).

I inserted the SIM in slot 2 and activated so it is not related to IMEI since the IMEI of slot 1 is normally considered for database.

I don't have any other 4G phone at the moment to test and confirm.

Yesterday I updated MyJio app and is now not showing any get SIM or Avail offer as it was showing in my handset earlier since I never generated any code.

This means SIM is Free for everybody as long as they have a 4G phone because it won't work otherwise. So SIM can be used or swapped between handsets if you are on My welcome offer. Mine is still showing "JPO Preview offer" valid till 3-12-2016 and might migrate to "Welcome Offer" after expiry.

Edited by LTE4G
  • Like 1

Any information regarding e-kyc enabled Jio outlet in Mira Bhayandar ?

2 minutes ago, LTE4G said:

Any information regarding e-kyc enabled Jio outlet in Mira Bhayandar ?

what method they are following for e-kyc? are they doing aadhar based biometric /OTP verification

4 minutes ago, commonman said:

what method they are following for e-kyc? are they doing aadhar based biometric /OTP verification

Both are valid. Either biometric or may be OTP can be used. Depends on their setup - will have to find out.

Hi

I am able to get the blue sim from Reliance Digital but whenever I visit they always inform there server is down.

Is this thing everywhere?

Can anyone help me in activating blue Jio Sim

PS:I have not submitted any documents to store,just taken sim from them as they earlier used to inform no sim is available 

• Like 1