Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
cybyude

Firmware Upgradation

Hi! :)

I have an RD2030 and My firmware version is R23REL11 PRL-1. I guess there have been newer versions of this.

Can any one tell me from where and How can I get this upgraded? Is is possible to download the stuff and flash it ourselves?

Thanks!

You will need special cable for doing this and the appropriate software and the new firmware too. It will be better if you could visit your nearest LG service center for upgrading it rather than doing it yourself and risking it to get damaged. Afterall, software upgradation is FREE :)

Anyone knows what the software is in the first place? I read it from this forum that the name of the program is "ARC Writer" but then I searched for it in the net, but didn't have any success...

cybyude i think you already have the latest version of the software.. i have 08 and you have 11..

RD203F15 is the latest i think..

I think this was out during last november or december

RD203F15 is the latest i think..

I think this was out during last november or december

But tell me Ashok is it really beneficial to upgrade the sw since u know I have ver 11 and I can access field mode to change MIN and with the newer ver I wouldn't be able to do that isnt it. Anyways whats improved in the sw the coverage or something better network.....

I used to have lots of problem with network while having the software ver 11

Like once i tried calling my cell(which was in my pocket) from my room..

It said i was out of range, but the fact was i was having around 4 step signal

Like that many stuffs...

There arent any major changes in Menu.. Most of the variations come related to

network

when i used 2 have ver 11 i used 2 get a flash screen in which service area i am and same problem when i use r-world . but now i dont have any problems

well i think that RD203F15 does not support nam programing mode... menu +0+9 cauz i tried it out yesterday and it didn't work... can anyone clarify on this?

Yeh you are right ver. RD203F15 doesnt support Field test mode..

I am not sure about the later versions.. Mostly they wont have!

yeah most probably... cauz maybe they no longer requie the field test mode... and they dont want their users to play around with it...

Well then currently theres no other way of writing MIN and making clones so I think v 11 will be the one for me no upgrades for now. BTW after the warranty period of 1 year is upgradation charged if so how much will it be.

Well then currently theres no other way of writing MIN and making clones so I think v 11 will be the one for me no upgrades for now. BTW after the warranty period of 1 year is upgradation charged if so how much will it be.

bhartisunil seems to have got the software..

Lets c.. ^_^

See this post

Cell Cloning & Issues with ESN, MIN etc..,

Shashi, You dont need any codes.

To see what firmware version you have, do this.

Menu -> Display -> Version info

This will show you what firmware version is currently installed

Hi,

Could someone plz tell me the code for 2030 to check which firmware version is installed.

Thanks.

Just Press

Menu>4>7

I have verified, S/W: RD203F15 PRL: 1 is the latest one can have. You can get your firmware upgraded for free under warranty period from LG Authorised Service centres. Please go to http://www.lgmobiles.com/ or http://in.lgservice.com/ to locate your nearest service centre.

i just sent my RD 2030 to LG for a software upgrade & now i have

S/W: RD203F15

PRL: 2

i dont find anything different at all. i only think that the R-World has been improved.

Hey, ru sure its PRL: 2 ???

Mine is S/W: RD203F15

PRL: 1

I was in the LG service center last month and they told me I have the latest version!!! :'(

And yes, these software upgrades make very little 'visible' difference. Mostly the changes are internal ...relating to network, etc. I also noticed an improvement in stand by time ...not too sure how that might be linked to the software though.

Hey guys,

Keeping up to date and stuff is ok, but when it comes to firmware updates,

Its not always best to have the latest firmware. Sometimes, You'd be better off with a bit old but stable release than the latest version which may have bugs.

The best thing to do is let a firmware version "soak down" and see if nyone reports any problems, :'(

Then update it.

Hey, ru sure its PRL: 2 ???

Mine is S/W: RD203F15

PRL: 1

I was in the LG service center last month and they told me I have the latest version!!!

Hey raccoon

PRL is not related to the s/w version.

It is related to Roaming.

PRL => Preferred Roaming List.

Preferred Roaming List. A list of SID's kept inside a phone to permit roaming on other wireless networks. A service provider may set up roaming agreements with other service providers in different geographic regions and the PRL will try to locate one of these service providers' networks first when the home service provider is unavailable. PRL's do change so it's a good idea to ask for a PRL upgrade every 6 months or so if you do a lot of roaming outside your home service area.

So Dont think that ur s/w version is not the latest.

Oh, ok ...thanks for that info Vishal_Gupta. Never knew they needed to keep a list like that IN the phone! So mebbe my firmware is the latest ...I guess that "list" is old... Hmm ;)

And you have to upgrade that list the same way ...going to the service centre and all??? Damn!!! :unsure: