Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
shuva_nandi

Reliance Infocomm, Tata Tele In Interconnect Jam

Hii,

Is there a connectivity problem between Tata Indicomm and RIM. I mean is it at all possible to make calls to or receive calls from Tata Indicomm numbers on our RIM ? Kindly clarify.

Shuvabrata

They already have interconnectivity agreements which will let you receive and make calls, send SMS to and from both networks.

I've been able to send / recieve calls/sms to and fro TATA nos. in mumbai since the beginning! No issues! Which circle r u from? and whts the exact nature of problem?

In punjab i am to receive sms from tata but failing to call tata.

Hey no problems in Bangalore either.... Not even in Mumbai/Maharastra/Kanpur... on roaming... both sms n calls tried landline n mobile too

I'v had issues with SMS to Tata. The main one being that I'd never get a delivery receipt. And some messages just went into oblivion...! I had complained to CC and was told that they dont yet have formal connectivity with Tata ...its still in 'testing' phase ...so forget the delivery receipts - they cant even really guarantee that the messages will get across in the first place! :)

Had got a similar reply when i complained about BSNL!!

RIM sux is all ways concerning text messaging! :lol:

No probs with voice calls though.

Edited by raccoon

Myself facing the same problems...TATA no delivery confirmation, & most of the time no delivery of messages...

While I have never been able to send an SMS to BSNL from RIM... :)

Edited by Vinu

Some times when I call from a Tata Indicom FWP to Reliance mobile the calls do not get connected...

I get connected only after trying for 4 or 5 times..

Reliance <-> TATA Indicom connectivity is still not yet available in Kerala.

in punjab sms is a far off thing I can't even call TATA.

Reliance Infocomm, Tata Tele In Interconnect Jam

Both companies have not yet signed interconnect agreements.

Reliance Infocomm and Tata Teleservices Ltd (TTSL), the two CDMA-based telecom service providers, are locked in what industry observers are calling a cold war over signing interconnect agreements.

The two companies have not yet signed interconnect agreements and have not set up points of interconnect in 12 of the circles they operate in, leaving over 5.5 million users of both the service providers in the lurch.

Tata Tele had begun launching its services in these circles in November 2004 and completed the rollout in January this year.

In the normal course, interconnect agreements should have been in place as soon as the licence was issued and much before the physical rollout of the services.

In these 12 circles, an Infocomm CDMA subscriber could not make or receive a call from a TTSL phone and vice-versa. A call made from either of the operator's phones failed to terminate at the other party's end, resulting in the death of the call, industry sources told Business Standard today.

Of the 23 circles spread across the country, Reliance Infocomm operates in 22 and Tata Tele in 20. The 12 circles are Bihar, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Kerala, Madhya Pradesh, Orissa, Punjab, Rajasthan, UP, UP (West), Kolkata and Bengal. Sources in both the companies confirmed that they had not signed the agreement and that negotiations had been on for some time.

They refused to give any reason for the delay in signing the agreement. The Tata group and Reliance had earlier locked horns over a bandwidth issue with the latter alleging that state-run VSNL was blocking bandwidth at the landing station end in Mumbai.

:P:P

Edited by Chirag

:'( :'( :( Every time she comes visiting her relatives in Chandigarh, Shimla-based housewife Rita Singh is in for a shock as her Reliance Infocomm mobile phone, which she carries along with her from Shimla, would not allow her to talk to her Chandigarh-based relative who has a Tata Indicom mobile phone.

Patiala-based engineering college student Sarthak Ohri, who uses a Reliance Infocomm mobile phone, has been wondering what to do with his phone as he cannot make any calls from his phone to his friends who have Tata Indicom mobile phones.

Chandigarh-based share investor and consultant Sanjeev Bhasin, who has a Tata Indicom mobile, is worried as he cannot receive calls from three of his staff members who have Reliance Infocomm mobile phones.

It is not that these people have a problem in their mobile phone handsets. In fact, it has been a problem for all the users of Reliance Infocomm and Tata Indicom mobile phones in Punjab Circle ever since Tata Indicom entered this market in January this year.

While Tata Indicom mobile subscribers (nearly 1.5 lakh in Punjab Circle) can make calls to Reliance Infocomm mobiles successfully, Reliance Infocomm subscribers (nearly six lakh in Punjab Circle) have been unable to talk with Tata subscribers from their mobile phones.

The absence of a Point of Interconnect (PoI) agreement between the two home-grown, fiercely competing giants in the cellular services market has been causing immense obstructions to the communication needs of their subscribers. More so of those who have a Reliance Infocomm connection. The availability of SMS services between the two and the one-way communication channel have made matters just a little better for them.

‘‘It is a violation of my rights as I’m paying for my mobile usage but remain debarred from receiving calls from my staff members, relatives and friends having Reliance Infocomm mobiles. I do not understand why this should be happening,’’ said Sanjeev Bhasin.

Bhasin adds further: ‘‘Reliance should allow its subscribers to talk with Tata subscribers. If that does not happen soon, my staff will shift away from Reliance because of all the inconvenience that is caused.”

When contacted, an official spokesperson of Reliance Infocomm said: ‘‘There is presently no PoI agreement between us and Tata Indicom in several circles. It is being discussed and it may happen soon.”

A spokesperson for Tata Indicom said: ‘‘We have applied to Reliance for interconnectivity in our 12 new circles long time back, but our request has been pending for consideration with them.” As the mobile service market grows increasingly competitive and technologically more complex, subscribers of both Reliance and Tata are demanding complete connectivity

:wacko:

same is here in rajasthan but damn there are very less users of TATa Indicomm so no need to worry

desijallad

There are less users of Tata everywhere! but that doesnt mean there shouldnt be any interconnectivity!

TRAI/DOT should ensure that interconnectivity is first in place before any service provider starts ops. That way they wont have spectacular opening failures the way RIM did.

Tata Tele withdraws petition against Reliance Info in TDSAT

Tuesday, September 6, 2005

Press Trust of India

NEW DELHI: In a goodwill gesture Tata Teleservices on Tuesday withdrew a petition it had filed against Reliance Infocomm before TDSAT, in which it had accused the latter of not providing interconnection in 12 new circles and causing hardships to thousand s of subscribers.

"We are withdrawing the petition as a goodwill gesture to Reliance Infocomm," a spokesperson for Tatas said.

When contacted Reliance officials confirmed the development and said that Tata Teleservices had been getting interconnection in various circles after the senior management of the two companies met and resolved various contentious issues.

There was a stalemate in negotiations at one point of time, as Tatas were not agreeable to certain commercial terms, which resulted in delays in interconnection - which in turn prompted Tatas to approach TDSAT.

The tribunal was scheduled to hear the case today.

Tata Teleservices had, in its petition, said that the action of respondents (Reliance Infocomm and Reliance Telecom) deliberately delaying the provision of interconnection facilities (to Tatas) amounts to denial of interconnection facilities and amounts to breach of licensing agreement.