Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
basant_jp

Nokia 6265 CDMA Launched on Reliance Mobile now !

Hello Guys,

Just to share this info with u all..

I enquired for N6265 in Malad Yesterday evening, and has got quotes from 15,700/- to 16,800/-. The 15,700/- fellow is still ready to bargain ... If anyone wish to have the device in low price then do let me know.. i will take out that dealers contact details and address.

One more thing i would like to know is about MiniSD Memory Card. Which all companies manufecture it and are available in Market. Which one is the best one to purchase and at the best bargained price.

HI guys... :clap:

I would like to know a few things abt the 6265 before i jump to that...

please let me know if:

1) it supports sms to many option

2) it allows sms to groups

3) it allows sms exceeding 160 characters in sending and receiving

ALSO.. i would like to know what the stuff abt switching on to gsm system by reliance. I believe they have made a statement that they are coming out with gsm network too. IN case that is true...then what abt this handset? can we use the same one there or not.

PLease reply

Thanks

Dharmesh

No company will dump existing users on an existing network just like this..

In case you had not heard the Reliance spokesperson on any of the news channels when this GSM decision was taken.. here is what he said.. he said that though Reliance will switch to GSM.. it will continue to serve its existing CDMA customers and provide GSM services as well. But all this backend technological changes would be abstracted from the end user.

Regards

Mainak Sarcar

@M00nDr0p$ ne src please...atleast me nt heard to that 1...

I saw that in news channel.. There is the bearded Reliance spokesperson .. some Technology head (dont remember exactly) was speaking about this..

Here is a news article .. you can refer

1) http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/articleshow/1637770.cms

2) http://www.techtree.com/techtree/jsp/artic...&cat_id=613

3) http://www.ciol.com/ciol-techportal/conten.../2060704539.asp

Its not exactly what that person said.. but the article vaguely says so..

Regards

Mainak

Edited by MoonDrops

Hi All,

I have used this phone and know almost all features, had few issues.

1. If you want to check the calls list by clicking on the lower left key you will get the list of calls dialled, but it wont show the whole call list (Incoming,Missed, Rejected). Incase you wanna make a call to a number from where you previously recieved a call then you have to go to the Log and open recieved calls and from there you can dial the number....

Is there any way where when i click on the lower left key it will show me all the calls?

There should be someway....I dont think Nokia can make such a software where this basic thing is missing.

2.Also another thing which I dont like is the volumes button on the right side of the phone. Theres noway where we can adjust the volumes through the menu. what if in future the those buttons dont work properly? I think there should be atleast 2 options in the phone for each feature.

3. When you activate the Meeting profile with the follwing settings....and then you recieve a call, you will have option only to dismiss the call, you cant put the vibrator off by pressing once and then disconnect when you press it for the second time.

a. Incoming call alert - Off

b. Ringing Tone - any

c. Incoming call video -off

d. Ringing Volume- any

e. Light Indicator - off

f. Vibrating alert - on

g. message alert tone- on

h. Keypad tones - off

i. warning tones - off

j. Alert for - All Calls

k. Profile Name - Meeting

Though I have found out a solution to this, by adding a ringtone which wont have any volume (Blank tone) and then Put the Incoming call alert - on....when activated the phone will actually be ringing however as its blank it wont be audible and also will give the option to put it on silence which will turn the vibrator off thus saving the battery...

Let me know if there is any other way...I know its very long query however I think this is very basic problem which will be faced by many of us very soon...If no resolution then i think the solution i gave is the best.....

Dear Chirag,

Here all of u r qustions solutions

1. First go to the "go to" options then click "Options" buttons and then click "Select Options" and mark all those things which u want. there is a simple way to check the missed call , Received call n Ringing Valume.

2. Also there is another way also by clicking Menu>Setting>Phone>Nevigation Key.

So that u can change the setting in u r Scroll Key bec this key has phone names in upper n lower button

I have a one query regarding display name that when i go to the Menu>Setting>Display>Banner>Personalise But friends I cant change the banner name instead of Relaince

So any one has got this solution then pl reply me

Hi guys, i found the solution to the problem regarding change of banner. it apperently doesn't work if the auto time update feature is turned on. once you turn off that option in the date and time section, you can just switch off the phone once and then personalise the banner. reliance will pop up again if u turn on the aotu time update feature.

This doesnt work ive tried switching off auto time update feature then switch off the phone & then tried personalising but it doesnt happen... what now ??

Hey guys,

Can you surf using Nokia's inbuilt browser? Whats your take on the experience? Do pages load properly & fast? How about the charges?

I am posting through the phone only.however i use opera only and not the default browser.pages open quickly when there are no errors.but it gives errors frequently.refreshing once or twice helps. Overall browsing experience is good.

what are the browsing charges? is it like rconnect?

I have just got my July,2006 bill and in that I have not been charged for WAP seperately and I think its included in my R-world membership only so now Its confirmed that if you have R-world membership then unlimited WAP access.I am in DAPO so I dont have to even pay Rs 25 for membership. :blink:

No it is not possible in 6255.neither is the option for r surf there in this phone.i tried tweakin a bit but failed.kshah too tried it but i think none has been able to do so.6155 however supports was

If u surf into Nokia 6255 forum u will get all ur answers.

Wap is not there on Nokia 6255 (reliance).

Rsurf Is not there in nokia 6255.

Guys !!

I had a 15 minutes of worst experience with my Nokia 6265 handset now..

I forgot the pin code which i had entered for security... and i had kept it on.. while i restarted the phone it asked me to enter the pin code... i made three wrong attempts... and the worst thing happened was that my mobile handset got blocked... it asked me to enter the PUK code to unblock my handset...

now what where shall i get the PUK code.. surfed the internet got info that this is provided by the service provider.. called up reliance.. got the code from the CCE.. it is 00000000... and thank god my handset got activated again..

i am using nokia for first time so never knew that this could happen..

Guys !!

I had a 15 minutes of worst experience with my Nokia 6265 handset now..

I forgot the pin code which i had entered for security... and i had kept it on.. while i restarted the phone it asked me to enter the pin code... i made three wrong attempts... and the worst thing happened was that my mobile handset got blocked... it asked me to enter the PUK code to unblock my handset...

now what where shall i get the PUK code.. surfed the internet got info that this is provided by the service provider.. called up reliance.. got the code from the CCE.. it is 00000000... and thank god my handset got activated again..

i am using nokia for first time so never knew that this could happen..

this could happen with any SIM or RUIM based handset, it (pin or PUK) is a feature of SIM or RUIM not a handset.

kinda weird...

Battery drains out very fast...

any tips to maximize it..

Hello Guys,

I enquired for N6265 in Malad Yesterday evening, and has got quotes from 15,700/- to 16,800/-. The 15,700/- fellow is still ready to bargain ... If anyone wish to have the device in low price then do let me know.. i will take out that dealers contact details and address.

One more thing i would like to know is about MiniSD Memory Card. Which all companies manufecture it and are available in Market. Which one is the best one to purchase and at the best bargained price.

I would be intrested in the phone

can u give me his numbers or address .

I am ready to go through you also

u can contact me on 9322244564 (do not try to contact me on the number mentioned in my profile cause that number is lost )

waiting for your call

And someone please tell what all companies make the Mini SD and what is the price.

I kknow of some company called A data. Its cost here in delhi is from 1400-17--.

Please tell your experiences with Mini SD those who have bought it.

Mini sd or any memory card NCP and MICROSIM is world leader, both singapore based company i believe.

1200 for 1GB minisd.

Hello Guys,

I would be intrested in the phone

can u give me his numbers or address .

I am ready to go through you also

u can contact me on 9322244564 (do not try to contact me on the number mentioned in my profile cause that number is lost )

waiting for your call

Hi Neeraj,

Well I do not have it handy right now, but tomorrow i will visit that place and get their contact details.

I believe by the time hadset price should have been normalised.

I have found out how to Rewind and Forward Songs in the Media Player.Steps are mentioned below :

1.Menu>Media>Media Player>FF/Rew Interval>Set the number of seconds you want.

2.Goto Music Player,play the song you want and if you want to rewind then press the << key for 3-4 secs and it will rewind to the number of secs you have set.

3.Goto Music Player,play the song you want and if you want to forward then press >> key for 3-4 secs and it will forward to the number of secs you have set.

I dont think anyone has posted this earlier and if someone has then I am sorry to post it again. :)

And someone please tell what all companies make the Mini SD and what is the price.

I kknow of some company called A data. Its cost here in delhi is from 1400-17--.

Please tell your experiences with Mini SD those who have bought it.

Well I would surely recommend the 1 Gb NCP Mini SD card.You should get it between Rs 1000-Rs 1200.It depends how you bargin.I have been using NCP cards since a long time and never faced any problems with it.I have not used any other company so I cannot comment on them.