Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
basant_jp

Nokia 6265 CDMA Launched on Reliance Mobile now !

Sandisk..Undoubtedly..(though NCP are good too).

I am posting this information on more than one topic because I was under myth that RUIM phones need PRL upgrade for International roaming.

After discussing with Reliance CC executive, technical guys and other CDMA experts, it is said that RUIM Phone does not require any PRL upgrades. It works just like GSM. RUIM upgrade itself when registered in foreign networks.

Let me tell you that this phone (Nokia 6265, and I believe so are the other RUIM phones from Reliance) do not work internationally. You can not roam on CDMA networks internationally as the Reliance network is not yet ready to support the facility for RUIM enabled phones... I am in Canada now, and before leaving I made several enquiries from the Int'l roaming helpdesk. All executives told me that it will work, but when I could not update the PRL I contacted the technical dept and I was told that it will not work...and yes, it does not work. I finally am using GSM roaming... So may be PRL download is not needed for this handset, but the RUIM definitely does not register itself on roaming network....atleast not the Reliance RUIM.

On the other hand, Tata indicom has not yet launched the handset but they are prepared to provide Int'l roaming on this handset right frrom the day one.

Edited by basant_jp

As usual Reliance always goofs up. It is shame on them that they can not provide right inforamtion to customers. This is such a small information. BTW can you roam on GSM using your RUIM? Or carrying SIM given by Reliance?

As usual Reliance always goofs up. It is shame on them that they can not provide right inforamtion to customers. This is such a small information. BTW can you roam on GSM using your RUIM? Or carrying SIM given by Reliance?

I am using the GSM sim provided by Reliance. Infact, I had several discussions with quite a few Reliance technical support guys, and all of them gave me the reply - RUIM is made to ease the roaming issues, but currently we do not support international roaming with RUIM on 6265 :help: I do not know how these guys work....Phone supoorts IR, but they are not prepared, RUIM support IR, but they are not providing that too...

hi guys, can anyone tell me if the black 6265 is available and where? or when will it be coming?

cheers

I'm not sure dude. But going by the 6255 I think reliance prefers to have it in a single colour. Maybe the get a better discount from Nokia then.

And of course we all remember Henry Ford's famous quote for cheap mass production! :lol:

in my nokia 6265 handset,when i wants to go any web site throught mini opera software i got following erroe "KNIEXT global reference"

if this is availble at another subject topic ignor it but send its loop

:help::grin::wacko::lol::D:unsure::(

hi can anyone tell me at which webworld is this handset currently avaiable and also provide me with contact details.. of the bandra and sion WWs.

thanx

Why did the activity in this group came to an halt. I believe there are lot of people still looking for Options/Feature/Problems for this phone. Just like me. I got the phone after the activity out here. Guys, be-a-sport and continue your experiences with 6265 in this thread. We do not want forum administrator to pin down this thread :P

Okay, let me start with "ACTIVITY". I have following problems/concerns with the phone..

* I can not access WAP sites lately. When I called Reliance Customer Support they do not know what is WAP site LMAO :) They are waste guys. I did email to Service Assurance Cell but nogo.

* I can not change banner "RELIANCE" on the screen. When I try to change that, everything closes and the phone returns on the default screen. Looks like GPF has occured in the phone.

* I get same problem as MANDU1 "KNIEXT global reference" while accessing network through Opera.

Well, more will continue later but please reply if someone has any ideas?

Thanks in Advance.

Why did the activity in this group came to an halt. I believe there are lot of people still looking for Options/Feature/Problems for this phone. Just like me. I got the phone after the activity out here. Guys, be-a-sport and continue your experiences with 6265 in this thread. We do not want forum administrator to pin down this thread :P

Okay, let me start with "ACTIVITY". I have following problems/concerns with the phone..

* I can not access WAP sites lately. When I called Reliance Customer Support they do not know what is WAP site LMAO :) They are waste guys. I did email to Service Assurance Cell but nogo.

* I can not change banner "RELIANCE" on the screen. When I try to change that, everything closes and the phone returns on the default screen. Looks like GPF has occured in the phone.

* I get same problem as MANDU1 "KNIEXT global reference" while accessing network through Opera.

Well, more will continue later but please reply if someone has any ideas?

Thanks in Advance.

Regarding your problem with banner RELIANCE, go to

Menu -->

Settings -->

Display -->

Banner -->

Personalise -->

Then edit with the name you want.

For the KNIEXT, even I had the same problem. It arises whenever the coverage is low. Try to be in a better coverage area and then try. I got the same in my hometown, in TamilNadu, where it was low coverage area (my place) So the problem arised. But when I reached Bangalore and tried, it was working fine. Also, remove unwanted apps you have downloaded thru R-World... That will also cause problems...

Enjoyyyyyy

All your queries are answered in All about 6265 thread. This thread is only about avilabilty, pricing and other such things. For feature discussion, check ou the abpve mentioned thread.

Please search before you post

Anyone knows about the price of this handset in bangalore? also recoment shop name and addrs if u got this handset for less price

And is this handset supports custom covers ? :'(

Hi Rakesh,

I already got my Nokia 6265 for Rs. 16500 thru Webworld in New BEL Road, Bangalore. If needed u can call me in 9341347143. But I donno the address and phone number of the webworld. After Malleshwaram, near MS Ramaiah Hospital, Bangalore the webworld is there. Still several pieces are available.

--Mohu

I also saw it in ebay .in for 15.5k, delhi addrs

But in bang is there any chance to get it for same price ?

I also saw it in ebay .in for 15.5k, delhi addrs

But in bang is there any chance to get it for same price ?

hi rakesh

i got my 6265 in bangalore from a nokia priority dealer 'G8 communications' in bashyam circle, rajajinagar, for Rs 15400 (new box packing)

Atlast now the nokia 6265 is categorised correctly as video camera phone on reliance website as to earlier color handset with camera....

Whats the difference between buying the phone 6265 from a Reliance WebWorld or buying it from a Nokia Priority Dealer ?

Wud I gain or loose something.. ? and which is the right option to go for ?

Reliance webworld will usually have the maximum possible price of any handset. Avoid WW for buying cells. If possible, go to small local shops, where u can bargain. Waranty is never a problem if you have got a proper bill.

Hi all,

When I tried to access Menu -> Settings -> Network Services - > Network Feature setting... it is asking for a "Feature Code:". CC people told me to contact Nokia Service centre. and they are telling that all network features are provided by the service provider. Please let us all know if anybody has a clue on this feature code.

Thanks

Anoop

I am facing a problem while trying to connect my 6265 phone with PC. When I connect data cable to phone, Nokia PC suite shows the phone in connected in non-compatible mode, change it to UI mode. I am not able to connect. Pls guide if I am doing something wrong.

I am facing a problem while trying to connect my 6265 phone with PC. When I connect data cable to phone, Nokia PC suite shows the phone in connected in non-compatible mode, change it to UI mode. I am not able to connect. Pls guide if I am doing something wrong.

When you connect to PC suite select the exit option on the phone and phone will automatically go onto data enhancement mode and then it will get connected

Edited by Chirag Thakkar

When you connect to PC suite select the exit option on the phone and phone will automatically go onto data enhancement mode and then it will get connected

I have tried that too. But nothing happened. Still not able to connect.

I tried following :

"A"

1. When I connect data cable to my phone, a msg appears ""Use phone as storage device?" with options "OK" (Middle Selection Key) and "Exit" (Right Selection Key).

2. If I choose "OK" the phone is in "Data storage mode" with option "Quit" (Right Selection Key). and Nokia PC Suite shows that no phone is conneted.

3. Now, If I select "Quit" by pressing Right Selection Key" on the phone, the phone displays a msg that "Data enhancement connected" and Nokia PC Suit still shows that no phone is connected.

"B"

1. When I connect data cable to my phone, a msg appears ""Use phone as storage device?" with options "OK" (Middle Selection Key) and Exit" (Right Selection Key).

2. If I choose "Exit", the phone goes in standby mode and Nokia PC Suite doesn't shows any phone connected.

I am having this problem since I installed updated version of Nokia PC Suite. I have already tried uninstalling update and installed previous version but problem is still there.

Just go Manage Connection and Select USB Cable and Then Restart PC and Re try connecting the phone

It must work