Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Arun

All about Nokia 6235

I am using Nokia 6235 with Reliance connection. The phone is good with limited memory whic is non expandable. (15 Mb only)

The plus points are:

1) Good photo quality

2) Easy to use as Nokia

3) Mp3 ringtones

4) can upload mp3 songs upto 10 mbps with the help of data cable which is availble in grey market for Rs. 250/-.

Overall a lovely phone for not so ambitious user.

Can all 6235 user pls check if $ goes out of their phone ok ? Cos i sent a sms to my friend with $ sign and it was not displayed like a $ on his phone. So i tried sending sms to 4-5 other mobiles and the result was same. $ sign does not get displayed fine when sent to other phone from 6235 . Is it a prob with all handset or just mine ?

Whats the price of 6235 in Bangalore now?? and how easily is it available? I am planning to take one..

It costs Rs8394 at WW,

Rs8200 at sangeetha.global access and Bharthis

Rs 8000 with some dealars.

Donno abt WW, but it is easily available outside.

Thanks Srini!!

So you are saying that the phone is worth its price... is it??

I am using Nokia 6235 with Reliance connection. The phone is good with limited memory whic is non expandable. (15 Mb only)

The plus points are:

1) Good photo quality

2) Easy to use as Nokia

3) Mp3 ringtones

4) can upload mp3 songs upto 10 mbps with the help of data cable which is availble in grey market for Rs. 250/-.

Overall a lovely phone for not so ambitious user.

Thanks for the info Vikram... My father uses a Nokia 2112, which I want to exchange it for 6235. I wanted to know if it be good to get it exchanged for that price or should I wait for a better nokia handset.

Please advise.

Yes sai, This handset is really worth at its present price. I am extremely happy with this.

Nokia Multimedia convertor martinetly does not support 6235's 3GPP2 Content......cant understand why...

I tried with all other available softwares from the net but nothin supports those files.....

Hello!

I haven't seen any update to the above. So I thought I'd fill in.

6235's .3g2(aka 3GPP2) format can be played back on the PC by :

1) Nokia's PC Suite, AFTER renaming the file as .3gp. But here, there is no audio playback :clap: .

2) Better :clap: - Apple's Quicktime player 7.1(free version). Audio playback works here. You can also do advanced editing and export(save as..) functions, but you have $buy$ the "PRO" version!

Hope this helps other 6235 users grappling with the same issue.

Edited by nshram

Hi ! Can you throw some light on the "Playing music" capabilities like no of songs and formats MP3, realone etc.

dhiraj

Yes sai, This handset is really worth at its present price. I am extremely happy with this.

hi people,

am planning to buy a new phone for my self and dont mind spending anything between 10k to 20 k for a phone. can some one suggest a good phone for me. but if nokia is going out of the cdma market, do you think buying a really expensive nokia phone is worth it...???????? Please help!!!!!!!!!!

6235 is a gr8 phone for all basic needs.

Nokia Multimedia convertor martinetly does not support 6235's 3GPP2 Content......cant understand why...

I tried with all other available softwares from the net but nothin supports those files.....

Hello!

I haven't seen any update to the above. So I thought I'd fill in.

6235's .3g2(aka 3GPP2) format can be played back on the PC by :

1) Nokia's PC Suite, AFTER renaming the file as .3gp. But here, there is no audio playback :) .

2) Better :blink: - Apple's Quicktime player 7.1(free version). Audio playback works here. You can also do advanced editing and export(save as..) functions, but you have $buy$ the "PRO" version!

Hope this helps other 6235 users grappling with the same issue.

realplayer also supports the same!

Does this phone support AMR ringtones. Can we also install songs in AMR format and can be play back. B'cos AMR song take hardly 0.5mb and so few songs can be stored in this phone.

Also is it possible for 3155 phone also......

Yes. The phone does supports amr format. In fact it comes with a few amr ringtones pre-installed.

Thanks Puneet. Have you tried installing songs in AMR in 6235?? How is the quality. B'cos on my laptop it sounds well even 500kb size AMR song, so I believe it should sound good on phone also. Since we have memory problem have to think this option only.

I feel 3155 will be better than 6235, if we just minus camera and infrared. Also price wise attractive 5800/- compared to 8400/-. It is wrong to ask here for 3155, but no one is replyin gin 3155 thread, so asking again here for 3155 - whether 3155 also support AMR songs??? B'cos it has 2 MB more than 6235 and since no camera the space can be used for installing AMR songs.

Send me an amr song and I'll see if it sounds as good :-) you could mail the song to "psarna [a] iitb [d] ac [d] in"

As for memory in 6235 its 14MB, the webiste still reports 10MB, but I guess that is old data, and the 6235 now comes with 14MB memory. Further, 3155 is a clam-shell phone which I do not like a lot. I prefer the bar (monoblock) phones

AMR song sent to your email ID. Pls. let me know how it sounds on ur 6235.

Actually I also dislike clam-shell and never used so far. B'cos I believe any mechanical movement gives trouble in long run. But the price and feature made me to think for 3155 and also the choices are very limited in Reliance. Because if u compare both you need to pay 2600/- extra for VGA camera and IR, and also consider smaller display having less colour scheme and less ringtone cords. But I could not found much people on 3155 on this forum.

Why u don't prefer clam-shell, any specific reason.. pls.

I used Samsung A-563 for almost 2.5 years. Am done with clam-shell design for the time being. Its too much of a hassle. Answering a call requires one more operation - flip the phone open. You cannot just hold the phone in between your ear and shoulder if both your hands are busy for sometime, as you always fear it might break. Though, I never face a mechanical fault with my Samsung, it was of high build quality. More importantly am bored with the flip-phones :clap:

Sound quality of AMR song that you sent seems good. I feel its not as rich as the few mp3 songs that I have on my phone.

Well Sir no comparison between AMR & MP3 for quality output,because it is highly compressed form,mono,8khz Whereas mp3 is 44khz or 48khz generally . :clap:

It's true, b'cos we are compressing 4mb song to 400kb, how can we expect same result, but if we get atleat good result than OK. In such limited memory ( & ofcourse limited choice with Reliance) we have to be happy with limitations only. And my limitation is to be with Reliance, as our company forces.

Edited by Jatin

Anyone who was finally able to access WAP after copying 6265 settings down here?

Hey guys! i hav just purchased a nokia 6235 a fortnight back... I want to ask if u know any free software that can convert .mp3 or .rm music files to .aac, .mid, .wav or .amr ... that is, the formats our phone can play. mp3 files are too big. Pleeeez do reply. Thanks..

Excluding .mid nokia multimedia player also embedded with Nokia Pc Suite can do d tasks for u.

Edited by amitbt22

i just bought 6235 for Rs.8500.00

Pls. search for mp3 to ringtone gold.

What is the latest price of this handset???

Hello N6235 users,

hey guys i think this Reliance ppl forget abt the handsets after they launch :NOTriste: as Nokia has come up with new CDMA handsets like 6265 and other handsets which have Wap browser and R-World works on Wap browser :confuse: whereas for us we have Wap but deactivated and R-world works in the same old fashion. :angry:

do any1 know abt the R-world working on Wap browser on 6235 as when its gonna get activate dand we can also browse in the same way.

Do let me know abt this. :help:

flood chairman's office with repeated emails and pray to GOD.

hey guys i think this Reliance ppl forget abt the handsets after they launch as Nokia has come up with new CDMA handsets like 6265 and other handsets which have Wap browser and R-World works on Wap browser whereas for us we have Wap but deactivated and R-world works in the same old fashion.

do any1 know abt the R-world working on Wap browser on 6235 as when its gonna get activate dand we can also browse in the same way.

Do let me know abt this.