Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Arun

All about Nokia 6235

Hi Guys

I have got a LG 6130 and want to change it. I am confused btn Nokia 6235 and 6265. 6265 seems to bit expensive.

I need a handset with a lot of talk time as I am a heavy user. Also I need a good speaker phone(should have better sound than Lg6130). As i send a lot of sms, I need to have group sms facility. LG6130 allows 5 groups with 10 in each group. I do not know about nokia 6235, howmany groups it allows for SMS. Also I heard 6265 is bit bulky.

Also I do not want a very delicate handset as my handling is rough.

Can somebody help me please.

Hello Members,

I want to know the how many maximum sms can be stored in inbox of the following models of Nokia:

Or any other RIM CDMA available with more sms capacity.

Thanks

Sagar

I have not filled my SMS memory it is dynamically shared according to internal memory of d handset.according to this Nokia 6235 has more memory.

I have not filled my SMS memory it is dynamically shared according to internal memory of d handset.according to this Nokia 6235 has more memory.

Nokia 6235 can store up to 70 sms..irrespective of memory available.

Nokia 6235 can store up to 70 sms..irrespective of memory available.

i wud lik to correct u on that...nk 6235 can store upto 85 messages....but u got one thing correct that it is irrespective of memory available

I have connected 6235 using data cable. I also have PC Suite. In PC I could only see contacts and gallery. I want to install games in to 6235, but Games, Collection folder is not accessible through data cable. Please let me know how to see this folder in PC. I could successfully download ringtones, wallpapers, but how to download games, pls. let me know.

I have connected 6235 using data cable. I also have PC Suite. In PC I could only see contacts and gallery. I want to install games in to 6235, but Games, Collection folder is not accessible through data cable. Please let me know how to see this folder in PC. I could successfully download ringtones, wallpapers, but how to download games, pls. let me know.

actually u will neva c that folder in ur pc....if u have pc suite installed...then after connecting ur phone wid ur pc..open the pc suite...then there wil be an icon of nokia application installer(sumthing lik dat)..click on it..then select the path of the game or file ,that u want to install, then it wil ask u to install it or not...click yes..and ur game wil b installed...

ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!! :Riendo:

Thanks. Actually I wanted to get the already installed games in my phone to PC. B'cos it's 2nd hand phone and few good games are already installed, which I want to take in my PC. I got reply from Punnet that for I need to use Mobimb, and with that I can play anything with Java applications.

need tata second hand 6235/6265 etc...any1 got? abhishek1711@hotmail.com

WAP is working on 6235 now. Hurray :P:Contento:

I had Opera Mini installed on my phone since ages, but it never worked, and the default browser doesn't works either (Error 403: Forbidden). I was just playing with my phone today, and tried my luck with Opera Mini - and voila it works. Will post a reply to this from my handset soon.

Checkout guys maybe its working for you too.

The first post from my phone. Finally, WAP is working on 6235. I guess ADA is at least good for something finally.

Hi Puneet

just wanted to knw whether ur WAP is working on R-World or frm browser and if frm browser wats the charging like frm RIM

yeah...Puneet its workin....awesome news...

ere is the link to dld opera mini...(and the minibrowser is still nt workin)

http://www.operamini.com/download/pc/nokia/nokia_6235/

and by the hw to open..wap sites..

i tried opening a wap site...but it didnt work out....

Edited by kunal hemrajani

Charges should be under r-world. We'll come to know only when the bill comes. Mine is still a good 25 days away :-).

And who wants to open WAP sites when we can view full sites. Am loving posting from the phone. :-)

yeah...Puneet its workin....awesome news...

ere is the link to dld opera mini...(and the minibrowser is still nt workin)

http://www.operamini.com/download/pc/nokia/nokia_6235/

and by the hw to open..wap sites..

i tried opening a wap site...but it didnt work out....

yippie its working and superb logged on orkut frm der only just takes some kbs but da main page took 20kb so rock dude and 1 more thing i use RIM so others no idea

go to

www.orkut.com frm der opera browser dats it

yippie now its better to use RIM wid WAP

Yipee...my first post...thru my cel...n i also opened orkut...it workz fyn...bt i cannot scrap anybdy...

Yipee...my first post...thru my cel...n i also opened orkut...it workz fyn...bt i cannot scrap anybdy...

Hi kunal i did it and u can find da scap button of orkut as it works in da same manner as a normal browser works

GOD BLESS WHO POSTED DIS TOPIC JUSS CANNOT LEAVE MY CELL FOR A SEC

Govind Kuvad has posted some applications including Opera, here.

@akshaye

i tried scrapping..but it neva worked out..

it jus showed zero characters even after writting the scrap...and it was nt added to the scrapbook..

i dun knw hw cum u r able to do so..

as the wap has started..many of the apps r workin nw...

so i m postin some of the apps...

1) Nimbuzz

Nimbuzz® is FREE software for your Internet enabled mobile phone that allows you to:

* Place global mobile 2 mobile calls at your lowest local rates. No credits needed.

* Call your IM buddies using your mobile phone at local costs. No credits needed.

* Chat with your Nimbuzz, MSN/Live Messenger and Google Talk buddies for free.

* Send text messages within the Nimbuzz community for free.

* Chat with your IM buddies on Yahoo!, AIM, ICQ and Skype (coming soon).

* Get your offline buddy online by Buzzing him/her.

http://www.getjar.com/products/6865/Nimbuzz

2) mig33plus

http://www.getjar.com/products/6925/Mig33Plus

3) Mobile CricketCast - World Cup 2007(wid live commentry)

http://www.getjar.com/products/9407/Mobile...astWorldCup2007

check out getjar.com...for mor apps..

And now the inbuilt minibrowser is working too - including the WAP based R-World and internet browsing.

It was working and is gone now. Error 403 returns to Mini Browser. I just hope that Opera keeps working.

@Puneet ji...

cud u plz tell me the gateway ip of the inbuilt minibrowser..

actually i messed wid the gateway ip and lost the original ip..

thanx..

Gateway Settings:

IP Address1: 012.025.203.032:00080

In addition to that, I had used Diego to modify the homepage to http://wap.rworld.co.in

Another Update: I was able to install and successfully run GMail's mobile application from the mini-browser. However, it is installed in the sub-folder C:\predefjava\carrier and am unable to use it from the Phone's Menu. Am still struggling to move to C:\predefjava\applications. Any ideas how to go about it?

^^^thanx..for the ip..but its of no use as the minibrowser is nt workin..

and opera always refers to the inbuilt browser for downloading ...therefore we cudnt dld anything..

as far as gmail app is concerned... why u want to run the app??..

u can simply go to gmail(thru opera) and check ur mail..besides it wil also sav u som memory..